**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

8.1 explo rewards and a R4 to make Bittersteel proud

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
Now you may have expected to see a R4 Mister Negative in this post but actually...

Funny story I pulled both this guy and Cap Sam from my completion rewards. Up until this time I had never once used Hulkling.

Then this came with explo rewards.. and what did I decide to do? Take Hulkling straight from R1 to R4 without testing him at all. Cuz obviously that's a smart idea. Honestly I just knew I'd love the champ and knew he was amazing so I went for it. As for the other rewards:

Those are just extra sigs on all those champs but my Mole is R4 and I was investing sigs anyways so I'll happily take that.. and the sigs on my R3 Mojo are nice to have.

That was my 2nd Tech gem tho so I had to hink for quite a while on it. This is what I had to work with in my Tech roster

So I had a lot of options. I could start saving sigs for Guardian and save a gem, save one for iDoom, throw one into my brand new Cap Sam, use both now.. in the end I just decided to yolo it and do this for BGs

So those were my rewards, I also used the sigs to get my Tigra to 197 and will finish her and Nimrod up soon with EoP rewards. Speaking of Tigra this is an updated look at my R4 roster

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    So yeah, hope I've made you proud @BitterSteel

Also super quick thoughts on Act 8, ask me a couple months ago and I would've said the content is way too easy (explored almost itemless without even trying and would've been completely itemless if not for visual problems with the boss) and we're getting no challenge but EoP seems to be filling that need currently... and this content is genuinely fun. I explored the last quest without the traps being visible but on completion when I could see them Black Widow was extremely fun and seemed very well designed.

Your next one will be negative right …. Right?

Hulkling is a hell of a choice though mate, he’s so unbelievably versatile and has such amazing utility with fast access to HUGE damage. He’s perfect for BGs and War level health pools that are over in one sp2 and a combo. Which you can get to within 30 seconds.

I’ve been sending @pseudosane all my Hulkling war videos and I feel like every time he’s still surprised at some of the fights I’ve managed to take with Hulkling :D

About that... think I'll be going Scorp for Science haha. Can't help it, I'm in love.

And yeah I'm already loving him. I'm not really grinding out BGs but I've used him a bit in there so far and he hasn't lost me a single round on offense or defense.

I'd love to take a look at those
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

Hulkling is a hell of a choice though mate, he’s so unbelievably versatile and has such amazing utility with fast access to HUGE damage. He’s perfect for BGs and War level health pools that are over in one sp2 and a combo. Which you can get to within 30 seconds.

I’ve been sending @pseudosane all my Hulkling war videos and I feel like every time he’s still surprised at some of the fights I’ve managed to take with Hulkling :D

Speaking of which, I took an Unduped Scorpion to R3 over an Awakened Negative. I thought of you when I did it. Hahaha.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

About that... think I'll be going Scorp for Science haha. Can't help it, I'm in love.

And yeah I'm already loving him. I'm not really grinding out BGs but I've used him a bit in there so far and he hasn't lost me a single round on offense or defense.

I can’t blame you there, Scorp is awesome. I recently pulled one and he will definitely be a science R4 of mine. I think I’ll be going for Thing first, mine is sig 200 and it’ll be a BGs defence, war defence and prestige play. And after that, Scorp can go up!

Here’s a compilation of my Hulkling war fights! Already started collecting my next lot, starting with a R4 Knull boss 👀

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QbyBHkk7fWc&feature=share&utm_source=EKLEiJECCKjOmKnC5IiRIQ
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Has Hulking passed the review period yet?
  • Has Hulking passed the review period yet?

Next month

Etjama said:

I can’t blame you there, Scorp is awesome. I recently pulled one and he will definitely be a science R4 of mine. I think I’ll be going for Thing first, mine is sig 200 and it’ll be a BGs defence, war defence and prestige play. And after that, Scorp can go up!

Here’s a compilation of my Hulkling war fights! Already started collecting my next lot, starting with a R4 Knull boss 👀

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QbyBHkk7fWc&feature=share&utm_source=EKLEiJECCKjOmKnC5IiRIQ
    R4 sig 200 thing would be pretty stupid in BGs. Sadly probably an insta-ban tho haha.

And awesome! I'll have to check it out rn
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

R4 sig 200 thing would be pretty stupid in BGs. Sadly probably an insta-ban tho haha.

And awesome! I'll have to check it out rn
    My thoughts on Insta-bans is that if I rank 4 enough of them then I won’t miss too many of them from my deck haha. I have a rank 4 Hulkling, Negative, Tigra, Archangel, Killmonger and Herc who everyone said “they’ll just get banned now” but the opponent can only ban 3 champs lol.

All my R4s have BGs in mind, so the harder I make my deck the better.

Omega sentinel is my latest R4, so we will see if she gets banned often - I doubt it since her damage isn’t super flashy but it’s plenty for BGs.

So yeah, Thing would be a ban candidate, but when someone is choosing between the above champs and some rough R3s like Maw, Peni etc, it can make it a hard choice.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,400 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Etjama said:

This one is mine take that @BitterSteel