**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spot and Trypophobia

Newman0067Newman0067 Posts: 69
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
Spots design really sets of Trypophobia (the fear of holes). I know this is a minority issue, but it's still prevalent in a large amount of summoner. I know it might be a long stretch, but is there any possibility that kabam could make a feature in the options that just turn it off? As in makes his model fully white. I wouldn't know how easy/hard it would be, but I very much struggle to look at images of him ingame, let alone fight him I know I'm not the only one that will have an issue like this.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Newman0067Newman0067 Posts: 69
    Buttehrs said:

Every champ probably has something that effects a summoner in one way or another such as trypophobia. My suggestion is avoid fighting him. Yea it'll mean missing out of 100% for cav difficulty and what not but one month ain't gonna hurt nothing.

I'd completely agree and be fine with it, but he'll show up elsewhere, in story quests and side events and god knows what else
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Every champ probably has something that effects a summoner in one way or another such as trypophobia. My suggestion is avoid fighting him. Yea it'll mean missing out of 100% for cav difficulty and what not but one month ain't gonna hurt nothing.

I'd completely agree and be fine with it, but he'll show up elsewhere, in story quests and side events and god knows what else
    Then my other suggestion for when that occurs, blitz him down as fast as possible. He'll most likely be a science champ. Use nick fury or moleman and just go ham lol.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★
    I did forget though, you can skip the sp3s now. So that should help with your fear of holes somewhat.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    The annoying thing for OP (I disliked when it was Immortal Abomination month), is that one of the loading splash screens will be Spot. That is unavoidable for the month of October.
  • Confused whether that is a fear of yourself actually falling into a hole ?

Or does that also apply to seeing images/pictures of holes as well (or just if others are actually going into a hole as part of the picture) ?

Or (because Op specifically mentions being able to turn his polka-dot costume outfit into a solid white costume.. “make his model fully white”), whether that fear also applies to seeing holes (like polka-dots) on anything (and not just related to actually dropping into a hole) ?

Confused whether that is a fear of yourself actually falling into a hole ?

Or does that also apply to seeing images/pictures of holes as well (or just if others are actually going into a hole as part of the picture) ?

Or (because Op specifically mentions being able to turn his polka-dot costume outfit into a solid white costume.. “make his model fully white”), whether that fear also applies to seeing holes (like polka-dots) on anything (and not just related to actually dropping into a hole) ?

Give Trypophobia a search on Google, that'll be better than me trying to explain the issue, but it's not about falling into holes, it's the image of the holes themselves
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

Coppin said:

Like this?

That’s an awfully big hole. I bet you could fit a lot of stuff in it
    I think its a well...
    Anyway.. regarding OP.. so Wong makes portals that are kinda holes.. does that cause discomfort?
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★

• Ok, Wiki generalization as “irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps”.

Typically from examples shown seems to be much smaller (and not really polka-dot emulated), such as what might be resemble an outbreak/infection on your skin (close-knit chicken pox, monkey pox, flesh eating disease, or other skin conditions) or similar resemblance in nature (on certain flowers, etc).

I would imagine (although I could be wrong) that the fear is related to thinking you could being afflicted with such a condition on one's own skin, so seeing it elsewhere triggers such a fear that you might catch such a skin condition.

The holes/spots on the new character seem much larger and clearly representative as a part of a suit/wardrobe and not his actual skin. (although I don’t know this character, and these spots may very well be part of his body, actual holes thru him. visually it does look like just part of his suit/wardrobe and so can maybe just be thought of as such instead of thinking of them as actual holes thru him)

And there would otherwise be many other examples that might also fall into that situation too.
    Including the new Mystic Spidey himself for the spotted pattern on his boots.
    As well as many other characters (think of alien type creatures with multi colored/textured/patterned skin). Or Dalmatians, cheetahs, leopards, etc.

Which would be very unfortunate if anyone is afflicted with a phobia around such larger scale examples.

:# what's next, Ludectrophobia?

Sorry to all who have unique phobia's and/or disabilities. Honestly.

But, sometimes the solution is to resolve it at a personal level instead of asking for a specific change - especially if it is not reasonable to accommodate. It's a choice to play, or not. If it's detrimental to your health or a trigger, avoid it.

Some of these phobia's... How does one deal with life? I mean, we all have 3 holes on our faces.

Don't worry, I know I'm being somewhat unreasonable, but I know there's a decent amount of people that share the same issue, which has what I could imagine is a pretty easy fix (mind you i have zero experience in the field). It was just a simple question with the hope that something could be done
    I feel like some people are taking this the wrong way. Just to clear things up, I'm not asking for an animation change, or for a whole new champion or anything. His suit makes me and alot of people very uncomfortable (for lack of better words) and im asking if there's a feature that can be added in the settings to choose to whitewash the 3d model of the champion, so myself and others that can't stand looking at it can fight him.
  • Buttehrs said:

It wouldn't only be in one month
    He'll be on a path in the future event quests so he'll not be able to fully explore any event quest
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

It wouldn't only be in one month
    He'll be on a path in the future event quests so he'll not be able to fully explore any event quest
    There’s someone out there that has a fear of ANYTHING. You would have to delete all champs to ensure that everyone’s fears are respected
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    That's just not gonna happen, they're not gonna change spider like creatures or Toad just because of fear of spiders or toads
    Ceder said:

That's just not gonna happen, they're not gonna change spider like creatures or Toad just because of fear of spiders or toads

Just because it includes the word "phobia" doesn't mean I run and hide when I see it. I like to think this is different to the animal fears. It's a texture that's an issue, that makes me and alot of people very uncomfortable. But I understand where you're coming from.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Damn you guys are pretty insensitive to this guys fear.

Cheers mate, it's becoming quite demoralising reading through some of these responses.
    The problem is there’s over 400 of these phobias, what would you do? You can’t make all champs just a generic rectangle because what if that’s someone’s phobia?
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

I honestly still can’t tell if the OP is just having a laugh or is serious

Yeah but i got my post with a pic of Spot taken down 😑
    I think the OP should get a Dalmatian therapy dog and overcome his fears
This discussion has been closed.