7 STARS ARE COMING

Comments

• Standardman1989Standardman1989 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    I waited reward bg and shop normaly i have 60k more

• JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,481 ★★★★
    What time zone is Kabam at ? Around here it’s already the evening of Nov 7 but I see no update so I am curious when to expect it . I am guessing tomorrow?
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Member Posts: 573 ★★★
    Update is out for Android
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

Yep...I'll wait for others to open before I do, still.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Member Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Do they have the 7* shards?
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Member Posts: 573 ★★★
    Getting 7 star shards but can't see them in inventory or anywhere else..
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★

Can confirm 7* shards
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,618 ★★★★★

At least now we know how 7* will appear on profile pics etc. I'm guessing it'll have to change at 8* though.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Member Posts: 566 ★★★
    Smaller stars is my guess when 8*s come
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,618 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022

Smaller stars is my guess when 8*s come

Maybe. They already made them smaller to fit 7* though. Would be easier to just give the number and a single star. Because by the time we get to 10 or 14* etc, I won't feel like counting all those tiny stars haha.
  • Thoye3Thoye3 Member Posts: 96
    Is anyone missing their max sig crystals? I am on Android if that makes a difference. I should have 3 and can't find them anywhere in my crystal inventory.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Max sigs only give 275 shards. Lame.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian

And that is your right but it doesn't change the fact that eventually things were going to have to change in order to continue the game moving forward.

I understand your frustration and I understand the frustrations of people who left the game when six stars came into the picture but if you refuse to grow, you leave little choice to continue on irregardless. It's literally a fact of life in everything from Commerce to the science of life itself. You have to have a motivation to continue on otherwise there's no reason for it to exist at all. @Shadowstrike

I totally understand that but the thing that is changing is me leaving, this only makes it easier to do so. This doesn’t upset me at all.

I wouldn’t say I’m frustrated. I said this to my friends I have made in game that when they were introduced, I’m done. I am just sticking to my word. I also understand the commerce and the science, things change, things evolve. I wish Kabam the best because the game is fun. I just don’t want to spend the time and money trying to develop another whole roster, this time w/ 7*’s.

So I hope everyone that continues to play the best of luck.

In this scenario why does "continue to grow" have to mean keep adding another star level to champs and essentially restart your chase for the same champs you spent so much time and money acquiring at other levels though? Honestly seems quite lazy and unoriginal on Kabam's part. Just saying...
    This is backwards. They are not trying to boost stats by resetting the chase. They are resetting the chase by boosting stats.

The *purpose* to seven stars is to reset the chase. There are lots of reasons why this happens periodically, that I keep repeating but people seem to think I'm just making up and not, say, echoing fundamental game design principles. The method of periodically resetting the chase is the rarity system, of which five star and six star and seven star ratings are just the incremental implementation of.

There's lots of ways to boost stats, but everyone wondering why they don't do this "in a more creative way" is completely missing the point. They don't *need* to boost stats. They need to periodically reset the chase. If you want the devs to get more creative, they can find other ways to reset the chase other than giving you more powerful champs. But I don't think the players are going to like it if they decide to reset the chase by forcing players to enter Act 9 with the next iteration of the same champs but with different hats.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian

I for one am excited for my Cowboy Hat Captain Marvel and Viking Helmet Mordo in Act 9.

Good luck pulling those guys in the 8* basic crystal.