**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Future Roadmap - cool, but aren't we forgetting something?

benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
Everyone have read the news about relics, ascension and 7*, and everyone have their opinion.
I'm sure kabam have a good reason to do this now, dropping these bombshell of news...

...but isn't it a bit ahead of things?

I mean, aside that we are barely into the rank 5 of 6*s, we won't have any of them before the introduction of 7*s, unless huge offers in Cyber Weekend and Christmas - which is almost certainly happening, but that's not my main concern.
  • highest tier of objective crystal is still Cavalier, 2 levels below Paragon
  • sigil is still outdated, we heard rumours of updating, but no official response
  • war season rewards are updated, cool - but the individual war win/loss rewards are still like 3 years outdated, with thir respective crystals
  • summoner advancement is a joke even for low level players
  • remember the old roadmap about Masteries 2.0? at least acknowledge that we won't have it until Alliance Bases is a thing
  • remember what you said about cav crystals not getting an update with Paragon. it wasn't too long ago. now it either won't get updated when 7*s comes, or you didn't know in march that 7*s are coming, which feels like it was rushed
there are probably other things too, but these are the too obvious ones.
I understand that the game needs evolving, no doubt about that, but it also needs updating its long fallen behind things too.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

It wasn't a full game roadmap. Just about the future of champions.

The future of champions determine the whole rewarding system.
    No.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

It wasn't a full game roadmap. Just about the future of champions.

The future of champions determine the whole rewarding system.
    No.
    Yes, "no". Because the rewards we get are not for acquiring champions and upgrade them, is for making cool interactive backgrounds.

Mqc19 said:

Kabam only focuses on what’s important to them not the community as a whole.

Bens asks were spot on. Fix what’s been wrong/undated/overlooked before adding another level of massive complexity that will surely create all kinds of new bugs.

Well, Kabam has kept the game going for nearly 8 years and is still one of the more popular games out there. The community focuses on what's important for themselves and not the health of the game. And as explained 100's of times, the team that does stuff like ascensions or relics aren't the ones who fix the bugs.
    Well, a player wants to enjoy a game, what's good for the game itself is not their job. Not to mention that the players themselves are the game s focus group (one that kabam doesn't have and ccp is not that), that determines its health.

The team that makes relics is a different one from the one that fixes bugs, of course, but a team has X members that are getting paid. If one team does a sloppy job they should get replaced, or, if they are understaffed they should get a few more members, more employees for this team and not the other one or a new one.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    edited October 2022
    As I said in the post, it's fine that they want to implement new features. That's cool, the game needs evolving. But there are literally dozens of old, outdated things that really needs to be addressed. Sure, it's a "roadmap" about these 3 new things. Tiny. why would they need to keep us in the dark? Why can't they do another roadmap about the dozen other thing / or just do 1 big roadmap about all these things.

Or heck, just give us a date when will it be addressed in an other roadmap!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,765 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

As I said in the post, it's fine that they want to implement new features. That's cool, the game needs evolving. But there are literally dozens of old, outdated things that really needs to be addressed. Sure, it's a "roadmap" about these 3 new things. Tiny. why would they need to keep us in the dark? Why can't they do another roadmap about the dozen other thing / or just do 1 big roadmap about all these things.

Or heck, just give us a date when will it be addressed in an other roadmap!

Because when they do give us a date for the next roadmap and it doesn't hit on or before that date, they get critiqued until the cows come home because people are impatient. And when they put dates in a roadmap for things like wish crystals or raids and masteries 2.0 and those things don't materialze, people freak out. It's better to announce things as they are ready and not get peoples hopes up for something that may or may not actually happen.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

They honestly should have done road maps for all areas of the game.

We also should be provided with an update on wish crystals and Raids.
    We’ve completed questionnaires on AQ, any plans for these? The mode is outdated, a massive chore and rewards need an update.

As I agree with this comment, last time they did that; missed the mark everyone was pissed about it. I think they should just announce things they MAY work on but leave it without a date. Under promise, over deliver type of thing we get a road map like before we’re all gonna be asking “why isn’t this here yet? When’s it’s coming? YOU all said this date, why is it delayed?”

Road maps are cool but it gets too crazy when they get too ambitious.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

They honestly should have done road maps for all areas of the game.

We also should be provided with an update on wish crystals and Raids.
    We’ve completed questionnaires on AQ, any plans for these? The mode is outdated, a massive chore and rewards need an update.

As I agree with this comment, last time they did that; missed the mark everyone was pissed about it. I think they should just announce things they MAY work on but leave it without a date. Under promise, over deliver type of thing we get a road map like before we’re all gonna be asking “why isn’t this here yet? When’s it’s coming? YOU all said this date, why is it delayed?”

Road maps are cool but it gets too crazy when they get too ambitious.
    I think people are only pissed because they put things in the roadmap and when they’re not achieved we never hear about it. We don’t set the deadline, Kabam do. But we also know Kabam have had work through a pandemic and broken input issues. Missing deadlines isn’t an issue. Changing the direction of the game so what was written in a previous roadmap doesn’t come into fruition isn’t an issue. The frustration from players comes from being excited about a new feature, getting radio silence from Kabam, multiple threads pleading for any type of update and getting nothing. The aim of road maps is to get us excited about what’s to come so we remain invested. If it was me, I’d do an annual road map with the intentions over the next 12-18 months and then an update after 6 months highlighting what’s been achieved, what’s still remaining and if it’s on track and what’s now being taken off the table if anything. Then 6 months later is the new roadmap detailing what’s upcoming, but also anything from a previous roadmap that’s no longer intended.

We certainly shouldn’t be kept in the dark over whether wish crystals are still intended to be in the game or whether we’re ever going to get a masteries are getting updated.

Ambition is great. Innovation is great. Battlegrounds is an amazing game mode (maybe fix the implementation though), relics looks like a really interesting addition. Changing direction when required is something we have to accept, but just keep us updated isn’t to much to ask for.
    Searmenis said:

Mqc19 said:

Bens asks were spot on. Fix what’s been wrong/undated/overlooked before adding another level of massive complexity that will surely create all kinds of new bugs.

Well, Kabam has kept the game going for nearly 8 years and is still one of the more popular games out there. The community focuses on what's important for themselves and not the health of the game. And as explained 100's of times, the team that does stuff like ascensions or relics aren't the ones who fix the bugs.
    Well, a player wants to enjoy a game, what's good for the game itself is not their job. Not to mention that the players themselves are the game s focus group (one that kabam doesn't have and ccp is not that), that determines its health.

The team that makes relics is a different one from the one that fixes bugs, of course, but a team has X members that are getting paid. If one team does a sloppy job they should get replaced, or, if they are understaffed they should get a few more members, more employees for this team and not the other one or a new one.
    So you agree that players don't decide what's good for the game 👍.

Yes, dona "sloppy job" once and you're out. Because that's how jobs work 🙄 If you're of age and have worked before, I'm assuming you've never made any mistakes at work. I'm also sure you have the level of expertise needed for a game like this as well since you seem to think devs shouldn't be "sloppy".......................... Nah, I know you're not.

If every dev out there was replaced for being "sloppy" once, no game developer would have employees left. For example, EA would have had to shutter their doors like 20 years ago. But hey, I'm sure you're perfect.
  • Darklord60Darklord60 Posts: 31
    In my opinion gameplayability should alway's take precedence just my opinion and not forge ahead with a gameplay full of bad bug's but that's only my opinion

In my opinion gameplayability should alway's take precedence just my opinion and not forge ahead with a gameplay full of bad bug's but that's only my opinion

So if you owned MCOC we'd still be on act 3 no new champs? Gotcha.
  • L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 220 ★★
    ^^^ mega-agree
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited October 2022
    DNA3000 said:

Mqc19 said:

And what's important to them? If they were acting purely in terms of self-interest, the most important thing to the dev team is for the game to last as long as possible as a successful endeavor. They don't make more money when the game makes more money, they don't get a cut of in-app purchases. All they get is a salary, which ends when the game ends. So to the extent that they only focus on what's important to them, what they want is what I want: for the game to last as long as possible and be attractive to as many players as possible while it does.
    Don’t forget that a large portion of the game’s longevity does come down to player satisfaction. Ultimately there’s a bit of give and take required, there are parts of this game, major parts, that have long been neglected, such as masteries that would significantly enhance player satisfaction.

If they went the whole way and reformed the mastery system to the point where you could assign each champion an A and a B mastery profile which you could swap at leisure for free, could you imagine the amount of good will they would have in the bank? I know masteries are my personal pet peeve which is why I mentioned them over anything else, but I know I’m probably in a large majority that thinks they need attention before the release of the next rarity of champion.

7* are a red herring that will be integrated into the game when the time comes. Anybody that thought they’d never be released is deluded - the game would have a shelf life of another year, perhaps two without them. This is Kabam’s way of extending the game’s shelf life with a clearly definable metric that they can point to on a graph in a boardroom: each rarity has an approximate shelf life of X years, this release extends our game’s viability to at least 202X. What would be a sensible idea is to add something alongside that so that the player base are still kept inside, a soft metric - like a big QoL update.

Searmenis said:

Mqc19 said:

Yes, dona "sloppy job" once and you're out. Because that's how jobs work 🙄 If you're of age and have worked before, I'm assuming you've never made any mistakes at work. I'm also sure you have the level of expertise needed for a game like this as well since you seem to think devs shouldn't be "sloppy".......................... Nah, I know you're not.

If every dev out there was replaced for being "sloppy" once, no game developer would have employees left. For example, EA would have had to shutter their doors like 20 years ago. But hey, I'm sure you're perfect.
    The players don't decide themselves, of course, but the game is (they should) take what they prefer in to consideration and try to please them or at least not displease them and loose them.

I worked for a couple mobile games in the past, part of the creative team as character designer, yes. I also have friends that worked for much bigger companies, Sony and Capcom to be exact. One of them lost a job in God of War because he didn't make some leaves moving in one of the backgrounds. So yes, a whole year of broken inputs is kinda serious.
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    Holy words!!!

@Demonzfyre, I'm not sure why you’re being so heavy-handed in either defending Kabam or outright putting down anyone who doesn’t agree with you. Let's try to understand what the OP was trying to say.

The community needs more concise communication about this game, not just need about the next thing those at the top will be chasing. Rewards based on progression have stagnated in many game areas since around 2019. When the roadmaps came out, it gave many of us hope that we would see real forward momentum in the game with new modes, crystals, and an improved rewards cadence.

Since those initial roadmaps, Kabam reneged or postponed many new features, seemingly on the quicker, more monetizable aspects of the game. We’ve gotten better cash deals, a pay-to-truly play mode in battlegrounds, and a summer calendar we now pay for instead of summoner appreciation; we can even now buy and awaken the newest 5* champions for $100 US. These changes are confusing for veteran players that knew this game when it was skill-based over having the best champion for specific content, which still requires skill, but that gate is typically behind a paywall.

I went slightly off track, but the point is Kabam hasn’t been a lot more defensive and cagey, more focused on money-driven aspects rather than bringing new, fun, and rewarding free content to the game. Even as a Paragon player, I expected a lot more when I got this title; I’m sure it will come, but when? The most I can do is buy a better quality deal and a different objective for EOP, which is barely fun.

We should all want better; to tell everyone to accept what Kabam gives us and stay shut sounds like an abusive relationship. At this point, I think we all deserve better, mainly since we help pay the bills. Be kinder to your fellow summoners Demonfyre; we are in this together.

Who did I "put down? I haven't insulted anyone in this thread. I've only simply responded. My first comment just pointed out that the roadmap that they laid out was for 3 features of champions and not a blanket of the entire game like the ones from years ago.

Again with the reference to the road maps from years ago and you still think they're promises that Kabam didn't keep and now you've taken a trip to conspiracy town by saying they instead focused on cash offers. Those roadmaps were 2020 or something right? You think it took them 2ish years to add a 5* to a preview bundle? You think that's the master plan they've been working on instead of something from a roadmap? Lol

Also, it doesn't matter to the devs if something costs money or not. Kabam doesn't receive anything other than a paycheck for salaries from Netmarble.

So since the roadmaps, we've had-
    Act 7
    Act 8.1
    Summer of pain.
    4 installments of EoP
    Gauntlet was brought back.
    Battlegrounds

Yeah, I guess you're right. No new free content at all.

All this to be said is the new roadmap isn't the same as the 2020 ones. It's laser focused on one thing.

I agree with some of the points made from OP but it's not like Kabam was forgetting anything with this roadmap.
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Mqc19 said:

The players don't decide themselves, of course, but the game is (they should) take what they prefer in to consideration and try to please them or at least not displease them and loose them.

I worked for a couple mobile games in the past, part of the creative team as character designer, yes. I also have friends that worked for much bigger companies, Sony and Capcom to be exact. One of them lost a job in God of War because he didn't make some leaves moving in one of the backgrounds. So yes, a whole year of broken inputs is kinda serious.
    Taking what we prefer can't be done because someone will always be unhappy. They literally can't do that especially when we all want different things that conflict.

There's no chance you're friend was fired over some leaves not moving once in a game and that being the only mistake made.

We don't know what Kabams turnover looks like anyway. You're assuming it's the same people but we don't know that. Plus, the inputs issue goes beyond simple things like leaves not moving. It's a result from the game engine and not some coding mistake from a dev or engineer. Not only that, Kabam is accounting for like 500+ something devices and OS's. God of War is a console game and isn't comparable to mobile games.

@Demonzfyre, I'm not sure why you’re being so heavy-handed in either defending Kabam or outright putting down anyone who doesn’t agree with you. Let's try to understand what the OP was trying to

I'd offer that a proximate cause is that unlike most of us who get warned for any little comment that is viewed as not constructive, he has been permitted to repeatedly admonish folks in a pro-Kabam way, therefore he doesn't get hindered in how he does it.
    You can private message me and I'll show you all the warnings I've had. I've been jailed as well. I've already proved this in another post. I'm not anymore special than you.

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Mqc19 said:

Taking what we prefer can't be done because someone will always be unhappy. They literally can't do that especially when we all want different things that conflict.

There's no chance you're friend was fired over some leaves not moving once in a game and that being the only mistake made.

We don't know what Kabams turnover looks like anyway. You're assuming it's the same people but we don't know that. Plus, the inputs issue goes beyond simple things like leaves not moving. It's a result from the game engine and not some coding mistake from a dev or engineer. Not only that, Kabam is accounting for like 500+ something devices and OS's. God of War is a console game and isn't comparable to mobile games.
    Allow me to know better about how things work in bigger companies. As for mobile gaming, every game has to do with 500+ devices, and if something s that massive damaged, they make the whole engine from the start. It s cheaper than patching for this long.