**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Collapsing Stars

Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
With the pending introduction of 7*s, we just have a lot of rarities. Probably too many. Feel like it would benefit the game to collapse 1 & 2*s together, and 3 & 4*s together. That would get us back to 5 total rarities available. (5* 6* 7* becomes 3* 4* 5*)

This would cut down on the clutter for the long term players. It would likely help new players from feeling overwhelmed as they work to build out their rosters. Realize this substantial project - needing to equitably deal with the 1 & 3*s smashing into 2 &4, adjust Variant 4 and Arena Milestones etc

Totally cool if I get a hundred disagrees - but genuinely curious what others think about the idea.

Comments

• Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    1 stars can go, you progress too quick for them to be any use anyway.

Two stars, I do like to collect though; just wish they were more useful.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    It’s not a good idea, but people need to chill, good lord
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Personally I think 7 stars should just be 1 red star, and the count begins anew in a different color. That way there's still room for growth past 7 stars without it looking ridiculous
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Personally I think 7 stars should just be 1 red star, and the count begins anew in a different color. That way there's still room for growth past 7 stars without it looking ridiculous

What, you think the idea of stars overlapping onto other champions wouldn’t look good?
  • Options
    Xguard77 said:

With the pending introduction of 7*s, we just have a lot of rarities. Probably too many. Feel like it would benefit the game to collapse 1 & 2*s together, and 3 & 4*s together. That would get us back to 5 total rarities available. (5* 6* 7* becomes 3* 4* 5*)

This would cut down on the clutter for the long term players. It would likely help new players from feeling overwhelmed as they work to build out their rosters. Realize this substantial project - needing to equitably deal with the 1 & 3*s smashing into 2 &4, adjust Variant 4 and Arena Milestones etc

Totally cool if I get a hundred disagrees - but genuinely curious what others think about the idea.

You'd be taking things away from players who spend time and sometimes even money to collect them, for absolutely no benefit to the game at all beyond "having less things show up in the champion screen." Weighing those against each other, it is no contest. This is before we consider the vast amount of work required to affect such a change throughout the game.

Adding the rarity filters to the champion screen was a far better solution to the clutter problem.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

StarBook 2: Chapter 1?
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    I just love this community, lol