**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quicksilver Rebalance

I think Quicksilver is a strong and pretty well balanced champ that takes A LOT of skill to use. QS is probably one of the most stressful champs to use in the game right now if you want to do more than just placing a slow and dealing damage. I think there’s a few tweaks that could make him more enjoyable for players.
1. When dexing/evading an attack QS can reset up to a max of 3 wither debuffs. (Notice how I didn’t say in terminal velocity, so much of his utility requires high momentum so this could be something more immediate and not even all that great for unawoken QS’s)
2. If QS evades out of a stun or a forward dash let him phase or go in visible for a few seconds. (Again nothing game breaking, just makes it easier for the user to properly follow up on an evade and it gives the AI a little more firepower) this would also provide a slight reprieve from debuffs since damage shrug off was an expectation for QS I think it’s reasonable to give us a situational boost.
3. Replace the benefit from the Wiccan synergies Degen with the ability to retain 200-300 momentum after losing terminal velocity. QS almost never faces Degen from the mystic class and the synergy doesn’t work for direct damage. An alternative answer would be to allow it to work on direct damage. After all you have to build up momentum to use it meaning that it’s not a consistently viable counter. We would still be getting roasted by most nodes in the game. QS could theoretically “Out run” the nodes a little longer than everyone else IF you made that change.

Comments

• CapriciousCapricious Posts: 215 ★★
    None of this would make QS Hercules or Shadowcat (although I understand if the Degen nodes sounds jarring but It really wouldn’t be for stuff like brute force or incursions linked nodes.) all of these changes would make QS more fun, a better champion, more desirable, and none of these changes would make him broken. Not even all of them together and again he would still require a lot more skill to use than most god tier champs in the game. Thank you
    Forgive me for the run on sentences. It’s almost 5 in the morning and I’ve had a long day 😂
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    The rebalance team won't make the official announcement of what's going to happen to Quicksilver until December and if they do make any changes, it'll be exclusively off of his performance through their Analytics so they're not going to "fix him" because you think he could be better on damage output if it risks making him broken.

The rebalance team won't make the official announcement of what's going to happen to Quicksilver until December and if they do make any changes, it'll be exclusively off of his performance through their Analytics so they're not going to "fix him" because you think he could be better on damage output if it risks making him broken.

None of these changes are going to effect his damage output. They are only meant to increase the length of his techniques and add a slight amount of protection in situations where he can get clipped and fall off. Think of it like an Odin situation
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022

None of these changes are going to effect his damage output. They are only meant to increase the length of his techniques and add a slight amount of protection in situations where he can get clipped and fall off. Think of it like an Odin situation
    But the Odin situation was different because it wasn't really about his damage output, that was a cherry on top. The Crux that started Odin getting an emergency buff was that his pre-fight ability was stacking up when it wasn't envisioned that way. The Dev team are looking at it from completely different angles than just "can I take this guy out in 10 hits or less? I can't, then he needs a buff ASAP!"