**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Buffed OG Storm vs Storm PX: who to rank up?

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/222283/its-here-my-storm-pyramid-x-guide#latest

In particular I want to ask if @Rockypantherx can share some thought. I have both unduped and thinking of who to rank up. PX seems a cheat code to Korg mix master but OG gain prowess pretty quick. Both of their SP2 are killing. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Sorry I completely missed this. Crazy couple of days. Storm vs Storm X is a difficult question because their kits really are so similar.

In terms of damage, Classic Storm easily takes it. She melts through opponents. However, in terms of utility Storm X has the upper hand. She has two immunties, can punish any shrug off, and counters evade on the SP1.

Honestly, it’s really down to your personal preference. If you enjoy one more than the other, do that one. They’re so similar it isn’t going to make that much of an impact. I lean Storm X because I’m a utility over damage guy but if you only need either one for specifically shock immunity or skill shruggers, then Storm will fill that gap just as well and quicker
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    If you need extra immunities, bringing PX with OG will help with OG’s immunities at the sacrifice of one slot.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Sorry I completely missed this. Crazy couple of days. Storm vs Storm X is a difficult question because their kits really are so similar.

In terms of damage, Classic Storm easily takes it. She melts through opponents. However, in terms of utility Storm X has the upper hand. She has two immunties, can punish any shrug off, and counters evade on the SP1.

Honestly, it’s really down to your personal preference. If you enjoy one more than the other, do that one. They’re so similar it isn’t going to make that much of an impact. I lean Storm X because I’m a utility over damage guy but if you only need either one for specifically shock immunity or skill shruggers, then Storm will fill that gap just as well and quicker

Thanks for the input. I used to play OG Storm pre-buff and I like her SP2 very much, yet I didn’t rank her when getting 6* because of resource scarcity and class rank up priority. After seeing few demos showing how good she become after buff, which makes me think it’s time to rank her up. The issue is, like you mentioned, both PX and OG works pretty similar and both look like equally good. But you’re also right that I need to think between utility vs damage issue.
  • Options
    Iron_J3Iron_J3 Posts: 269
    Well, I just pulled Storm X and she’s super fun to play. She has some insane damage.