**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magneto reduces attack rating of #metal tech champs

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
There's a bug with Magneto's ability to remove the opponent's class advantage attack bonus. Instead of just removing it, he gives the opponent an attack penalty.

Medium without magnetised and class advantage

Medium with magnetised but without class advantage

Medium without magnetised but with class advantage

Medium with magnetised and class advantage

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022

The Dragonman pictures are absolutely pointless, but OP is correct in pointing this out. Magnetism or not, Ghost’s damage should not have changed. Magneto undoes class advantage from the get go whether the champ would be magnetized or not. Ghost shouldn’t have hit harder prior to magnetism. I also have to question why someone would use those 2 champs against Mags, but I will assume the bug was caught elsewhere and this is an attempt at recreation.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Yes. Also he applies armour break instead of suicide bleed at fight start . This is also a bug
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Auntm.ai needs to update the description because it is clearly listed in game that it occurs when the Magnet effect is active. In game description is "supposed" to be the most trustworthy source.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

The Dragonman pictures are absolutely pointless, but OP is correct in pointing this out. Magnetism or not, Ghost’s damage should not have changed. Magneto undoes class advantage from the get go whether the champ would be magnetized or not. Ghost shouldn’t have hit harder prior to magnetism. I also have to question why someone would use those 2 champs against Mags, but I will assume the bug was caught elsewhere and this is an attempt at recreation.

No. He only ignores class disadvantage for metal champs while magnetized. Not all tech champs are metal.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Fair game, I lose. Tested it in game to confirm and I was incorrect. So I’ll switch sides.
  • Options
    Maybe this is better for what I'm trying to show

Nimrod gets increased attack rating per armour up in blitz protocol and yet I'm doing less damage against Magneto than I am against Star Lord even though I have way more armor ups. This has to be because Magneto has an attack penalty associated with his magnetised ability.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Nimrod gets increased attack rating per armour up in blitz protocol and yet I'm doing less damage against Magneto than I am against Star Lord even though I have way more armor ups. This has to be because Magneto has an attack penalty associated with his magnetised ability.

What are You not understanding? While magnetised tech attackers lose their increased attack rating
    Each armour up gives +10% attack rating
    Class advantage gives +40%

Against starlord that's +60%

Against Magneto that would be +100% from the armours then an additional +40% because of class advantage for a total of +140 but because Magneto removes the bonus from having class advantage will get reduced back down to +100%.

+100% > +60% yet I'm doing less damage against Magneto than I am vs Star lord
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★

Blows my mind how you're just ignoring everyone on here telling you you're wrong.

and instead of helping the guy understand why he is wrong (as you claim), you decide to write this...
  • Options
    Ghost_Fan said:

Blows my mind how you're just ignoring everyone on here telling you you're wrong.

and instead of helping the guy understand why he is wrong (as you claim), you decide to write this...
    What more would you like us to add? It's been explained like 5 times in this thread.
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★

Ghost_Fan said:

What more would you like us to add? It's been explained like 5 times in this thread.
    And I bet you can't explain it one more time more thoroughly than the others. That would certainly not make the guy understand where he is wrong
  • Options

• Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Pikolu said:

It's only against a tech champ that's ALSO metal, just not shown on Auntmai

(Sorry quoted wrong message)
  • Options

Zan0 said:

What are You not understanding? While magnetised tech attackers lose their increased attack rating
    Each armour up gives +10% attack rating
    Class advantage gives +40%

Against starlord that's +60%

Against Magneto that would be +100% from the armours then an additional +40% because of class advantage for a total of +140 but because Magneto removes the bonus from having class advantage will get reduced back down to +100%.

+100% > +60% yet I'm doing less damage against Magneto than I am vs Star lord
    Where does it say armor ups give 10% attack rating
    i can see a armor ups increase potency but i cant find any 10% line
    Blitz protocol gives +40% attack rating and each armour up increases this by an additional 25%. 25% of 40 is 10%.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Okay? Your point? OP argued with ghost, I don't care about the other side arguments that have occurred.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Okay? Your point? OP argued with ghost, I don't care about the other side arguments that have occurred.
    Ghost is only effected when magmatism is on. Their screenshot show with and without since it takes 1 second to activate. Magneto reverses the class difference after 1 second.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Ghost is only effected when magmatism is on. Their screenshot show with and without since it takes 1 second to activate. Magneto reverses the class difference after 1 second.
    OK now explain the Nimrod scenario

Admittedly, the first screenshots were poor in trying to explain the issue
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

What are you wanting explained?
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

What are you wanting explained?
    Why Nimord is doing less damage against Magneto than he is against Star Lord even though he (Nimrod) should have a higher attack rating vs Magneto
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 565 ★★★
    He shouldn't though, he loses his class bonus to attack because of magnetism. As far as doing more vs starlord, they are different champs. They probably have different armor and resistance, so if those stats are higher on mags then would make sense he is taking less damage.
  • Options
    Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

You forgot:

Nimrod is immune to ability accuracy reduction of mutants. Never use a Mutant against Nimrod even Mags.
  • Options
    Ortoun said:

He shouldn't though, he loses his class bonus to attack because of magnetism. As far as doing more vs starlord, they are different champs. They probably have different armor and resistance, so if those stats are higher on mags then would make sense he is taking less damage.

Each armour up gives Nimrod more attack so yes he should.

Both champs have the same armour rating and energy resistance.
  • Options
    Badass84 said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

You forgot:

Nimrod is immune to ability accuracy reduction of mutants. Never use a Mutant against Nimrod even Mags.
    What's ability accuracy got to do with doing less damage?
  • Options
    Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★

Badass84 said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

You forgot:

What's ability accuracy got to do with doing less damage?
    The magnetism doesn't work against Nimrod 🤷‍♂️