**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is the purpose of sandbagging?

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
I see people do it a lot in BGs but I cannot find any reason to which it would be beneficial whatsoever. I've easily beaten everyone ive matched who does it

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    They're doing it to manipulate the Matchmaking in the hopes of getting easy Wins.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★

I see people do it a lot in BGs but I cannot find any reason to which it would be beneficial whatsoever. I've easily beaten everyone ive matched who does it

I have beaten people who have done that as well. I do not know your prgression level so I will explain using mine,
    I am paragon with only 4 R4s
    I got 3 R4s so almost the same

They're doing it to manipulate the Matchmaking in the hopes of getting easy Wins.

Well it didn't work cause even with the 2*s they didn't have any R4s in their deck whilst I have 3

I mean i personally would rather not risking this happening to me
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    They are not trying to get wins against people with developed rosters and at least decent skills. They are sandbagging hoping to match up with players with less developed rosters that they can easily defeat.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,533 ★★★★★
    Prevent flooding?
  • Dragoon81Dragoon81 Posts: 147 ★★

I have beaten people who have done that as well. I do not know your prgression level so I will explain using mine,
    I am paragon with only 4 R4s
    I have been a competitive war player
    so i have good defenders like R4 MODOK, R4 KNULL, R3 NICK, R3 KINGPIN kinda champs
    as long as ai get to pick some of my good r3 attackers I can usually beat my opponent even if they are whales. (whales take some extra brain power as you have to depend on the luck of the draw and then make them use up their better champs on one of your sacrificial defenders)

as a almost high tier player I dont feel the changes dont affect me much
    but hearing about it it seems like even people who are only TB with 1 r3 maybe or maybe 5/6
    and cav players who barely hv 5* max champs are also facing paragon players with like 15 or so r4 champs
    if the sandbagger gets to even pick 4 or more R4 it should be an easy win against any TB or Cav player.

Why are they doing it?
    Well to get better rewards. but also from hearing the other side's arguments it seems like they are also facing High end paragon players who have 10 to 14 R4s(i havent counted just guessing) and they dont like it (well from my own experience it already puts you in a state of this is gonna be hard to win match type)
    A lot of whales are easy picking as they bought their roster 🤪
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★