Gotten bored and spent 900 units on Valkyrie crystals

OmedennOmedenn Member Posts: 890 ★★★
edited November 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Only to get her as a 6*… very happy but, does she needs to be awakened?

Are there any Valkyrie fans out here?
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    If u like her playstyle then she can be a fun rankup
    But without her dupe & high sig I can't see any area where she'll be useful except for some invade type nodes which are not that common
  • OmedennOmedenn Member Posts: 890 ★★★
    Thanks guys, tried her out a bit, fun champ. Hope to pull her tomorrow from a few featured. Otherwise might r3 Misty Knight instead.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,705 ★★★★★
    Omedenn said:

Thanks guys, tried her out a bit, fun champ. Hope to pull her tomorrow from a few featured. Otherwise might r3 Misty Knight instead.

You did what you want but I'd say she's better than misty
    Thanks for the video! Looks class
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★
    Shes good without dupe. Basicly her util comes from dupe. I got her from featured and took her to r2. Trying to r3 if I get iso and she is fun
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Member Posts: 528 ★★★
    Pulled her a few days ago and took her to r3. I have a skill awaking gem, but might save it for Attuma.
  • TheParasiteTheParasite Member Posts: 408 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

AMS94 said:

But without her dupe & high sig I can't see any area where she'll be useful except for some invade type nodes which are not that common

https://youtu.be/Ujk3FF3V9zc

Shouts out to @BitterSteel for demonstrating the utility of Valk’s base kit here, completely ignoring the Hazard Shift node. She’s got more uses than you’d expect at first glance, plus she’s an absolute nuke.
    The fight might have been over more faster if he might have reversed her combo meter and got 3 bulwark buffs too.
    Because the fury she gets on sp2 is based on the total of pierce and bulwark buffs. So just an extra 3 buffs might have given double the damage and a faster finish, because when it comes to war, not only the solo that matters but also the duration that comes in clutch situations
  • __SF____SF__ Member Posts: 292 ★★
    Ask VEGA. YouTube channel. He still looking for her
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,318 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

AMS94 said:

Shouts out to @BitterSteel for demonstrating the utility of Valk’s base kit here, completely ignoring the Hazard Shift node. She’s got more uses than you’d expect at first glance, plus she’s an absolute nuke.
    The fight might have been over more faster if he might have reversed her combo meter and got 3 bulwark buffs too.
    Because the fury she gets on sp2 is based on the total of pierce and bulwark buffs. So just an extra 3 buffs might have given double the damage and a faster finish, because when it comes to war, not only the solo that matters but also the duration that comes in clutch situations
    In order to reverse the combo, you need to end your combo with a light attack. You don’t want to end the combo into block unless you’ve fired off her sp1 to give her some evade charges. Which you could totally do in that fight, but I’m not sure that you end up saving yourself any time in that context because you have to burn a bar of power in the setup.
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

AMS94 said:

In order to reverse the combo, you need to end your combo with a light attack. You don’t want to end the combo into block unless you’ve fired off her sp1 to give her some evade charges. Which you could totally do in that fight, but I’m not sure that you end up saving yourself any time in that context because you have to burn a bar of power in the setup.
    Starting the fight with a 33% boost saves your concern and there are ways to make the AI not to dash in and just dash back after finishing a full combo. (2 hit dashback and one full combo dashback will mostly make the AI dash back instead of punishing) It’s the play style which makes the difference mate.
    As most of us know the trick to make the AI hold sp1 and launch sp2
    There are ways to force the AI to dash in for an intercept and dash back too
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    @Wicket329 @TheParasite

fear not, I actually found the perfect compromise between not wasting a bar of power and saving time. Because I agree with Wicket that you don't want to waste an SP1 because that's about 45 seconds to a minute of fighting, that's a lot of time just to reverse combo.

However, I do agree with Parasite that you want to get those extra bulwark, not only good for damage but block proficiency and for shrugging off debuffs.

So as this video above was my first time ever bringing her into war, I didn't have all the strategies worked out. Luckily, the next fight I used her in was an R4 rintrah boss and I figured out how to get the best of both worlds. If you throw your L2 after a 5 hit combo ending with light attack, you revert your combo back and start gaining bulwark without having to waste 45 seconds or a PS1 just for 1 L1.

https://youtu.be/bQiKWRtdvKQ

Here's what I mean. Go to 1:35 for the reversal.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

AMS94 said:

2 other things come to mind. Fury’s tactical charges might prevent evade and get you in trouble if you try to reverse combo. And also the hazard shift node may have got them in trouble if you hit the opponent. I think that fight in the video was a safe and efficient way to use her.
    Graves_3 said:

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

AMS94 said:

2 other things come to mind. Fury’s tactical charges might prevent evade and get you in trouble if you try to reverse combo. And also the hazard shift node may have got them in trouble if you hit the opponent. I think that fight in the video was a safe and efficient way to use her.
    I do 99% agree, but just wanted to point out that since you’re hitting into block, Nick never gets above 4 charges in his first life, so you’d be able to reverse combo fairly easily there. In general though, if you’re facing Nick with Valk that is definitely a good call of something to watch out for.

Alternatively, you can finish a combo with light into block just before throwing sp2, meaning you reverse combo safely without having to use an sp1.
    That’s an awesome control over the combo @BitterSteel, that 3 bulwarks made a lot of difference 16K in the block. And a very good strategy of reversing the combo with a following sp2 extension. That is max safe.
    If either she had the ability to maintain her fury or atleast a bit longer with her sigs she would have been one of the god tier. It’s so risky to take down rintrah without doing a heavy with val. Rintrah needs to be hit by heavy to lose his charges and Val loses her buffs when hitting heavy. That was an amazing rintrah take down mate. Genius work :)
    Yes I know every knockdown counts but heavy is the easiest form of knocking down rintrah cause till we get to the sp2 he might have got all the charges he needed

It’s so risky to take down rintrah without doing a heavy with val. Rintrah needs to be hit by heavy to lose his charges and Val loses her buffs when hitting heavy.

I appreciate the kind words!

Just curious on this part though. It’s not really risky at all, because Rintrah only gets charges when you hit him, so hitting him through block doesn’t give him any charges - hence not needing to knock him down ever.

Valkyrie is one of the safest Rintrah counters in the game, and bear in mind the video I shared was an unboosted R3 Valk against an R4. So speed isn’t so much of an issue either
    Appreciate the whole conversation and videos!

It’s so risky to take down rintrah without doing a heavy with val. Rintrah needs to be hit by heavy to lose his charges and Val loses her buffs when hitting heavy.

I appreciate the kind words!

Just curious on this part though. It’s not really risky at all, because Rintrah only gets charges when you hit him, so hitting him through block doesn’t give him any charges - hence not needing to knock him down ever.

Valkyrie is one of the safest Rintrah counters in the game, and bear in mind the video I shared was an unboosted R3 Valk against an R4. So speed isn’t so much of an issue either
    Even I’m Waiting for her dupe to r4. Fingers Crossed
    @Omedenn just in case you needed any more persuasion that Valk doesn't need to be duped to do incredible things, I just soloed an R4 Galan conduit boss in war today. @Wicket329 I think you'll like this too!

https://youtu.be/5sxe3BIrq1Y

Valkyrie is unbelievably safe for Galan. I dealt with one harvest in this video, but he had one more ready at the end. Either way, I would have ended with enough health to survive about 3 more harvests - but lets be honest, he isn't surviving that long.

All you need to do is not hit him, since he'll gain physical/energy resist buffs and get harvest quicker. Overall, with conduit I see her as the safest counter - Rintrah works great, but is a little slow only relying on rupture damage. Valk is a 2 min fight, dealing with 1/2 harvests. She's great, and doesn't need to be awakened at all to do this sort of thing

Would valk work for a unsteady debuff knull?

It’s something I want to test, but my guess is no with the glancing. If she could shrug the debuffs from the start then I think so, but I just think the glancing may be too much. Looking forward to trying next off season though
    @BitterSteel clean fight! Thanks for showing, it was enough for me to r3 her. Will take her to war tomorrow as well

Would valk work for a unsteady debuff knull?

It’s something I want to test, but my guess is no with the glancing. If she could shrug the debuffs from the start then I think so, but I just think the glancing may be too much. Looking forward to trying next off season though
    i think it may be or may not be, since she is just hitting in the blocks the opponent's combat power doesn't get that fast, so there may be a slight possibility, but the problem is getting her to the that many number of bulwarks. her shrugging % is based on the block proficiency she has if i am not mistaken. With odin (or/and) hela might work but that is very rare case to take them to AW to gain the additional block proficiency. even thor rags synergy is pointless in aw, who use him at this meta in AW.
    chances are less but even if we get struck with valk and the rng is good then it might work.
    I may be wrong with this conception too
    and I don't trust kabam's chance percentages too tbh. (Thinking of magik in defense and magik as attacker with how that 25% chance works)
  • Gentry2099Gentry2099 Member Posts: 244 ★★
    I love Valkyrie! Have as 4* so fun to play!