**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How are the rewards and aq store

GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
With the recent monthly event rewards which let's say are fantastic thankyou @Kabam. It's pretty good for mid teir player like myself almost @ paragon, with plenty of 6star shards and rank up materials. The new aq store looks great too plenty of resources at the right price, although it will be interesting how much glory we get in practice.
The question remains its time for a change in war rewards, 1 month eq which is easier and cheaper is now netting greater rewards than 4 weeks of war. The problem is war is very fun and in my opinion still the best mode of the game. My fear is that players will be dropping out because it's more worth for less resources.
Wondering how people feel about my comments

Comments

• Options
    @PocketNerd how much are you paying for these in the new glory store
  • Options
    PocketNerdPocketNerd Posts: 43
    edited November 2022
    0, because they don't exist in the AQ store for Uncollected or Cavalier. Which is the problem.

I wouldn't even be complaining if they were expensive. Because then I'd be making progress.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    That's what we all went through. We had to complete variants to get t5cc. And then some people got.it easier because of.summer of pain.
  • Options

0, because they don't exist in the AQ store for Uncollected or Cavalier. Which is the problem.

I wouldn't even be complaining if they were expensive. Because then I'd be making progress.

T5CCs aren't a priority for Uncollected. You've got a ways to go before they're necessary for Uncollected. As for Cavaliers... 1 T5CC is what separates them from a Thronebreaker. You can get those from Story mode and other higher-end content. Once you've got that 1 and ranked up that 6 Star, you're in the TB territory and have it available to you more readily.
    You forgot Act 6 chapter 4. Which is not really worth the pain if all I get is one 6* r3. Slogging through fights against oponents at 2-3x my combat power with weak-ass potions and revives is not my idea of fun.

And why would you artificially gate progression for those aren't at the "preferred" rank who may be at a lower skill level. Slow progression is better than no progression.
    Of course everything is easier with 6 stars r2 and r3. Let's just say I am an average player and got through I think the first run cost me 1k units but u can farm those
  • Options

So you want all the good rewards without putting in the effort to progress? Getting Thronebreaker nowadays is very easy. You get T5CC from side quests. The biggest hurdle is completing act 6, which is very easy compared to what it used to be

"Slow progression is better than no progression" I don't mind working for ****, what I DO mind is feeling like I need to whale to progress.
    Glads said:

Of course everything is easier with 6 stars r2 and r3. Let's just say I am an average player and got through I think the first run cost me 1k units but u can farm those

Good for you! Not all of us are so skilled.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

So you want all the good rewards without putting in the effort to progress? Getting Thronebreaker nowadays is very easy. You get T5CC from side quests. The biggest hurdle is completing act 6, which is very easy compared to what it used to be

"Slow progression is better than no progression" I don't mind working for ****, what I DO mind is feeling like I need to whale to progress.
    Glads said:

You don't need to whale out to progress. I can assure you that 99% of the content in this game can be completed without spending a single penny. If you want to be in a top alliance then you have to spend. But everything else can be done purely relying on your skills, and a bit of luck.

You just need to practice and improve your skills. Watch videos on youtube on how to tackle difficult fights. I spent 6 months improving my roster and slowly grinding units before doing 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Glads said:

You don't need to whale out to progress. I can assure you that 99% of the content in this game can be completed without spending a single penny. If you want to be in a top alliance then you have to spend. But everything else can be done purely relying on your skills, and a bit of luck.

You just need to practice and improve your skills. Watch videos on youtube on how to tackle difficult fights. I spent 6 months improving my roster and slowly grinding units before doing 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4
    While I appreciate that feedback, I've found it's doesn't really change my outcome. Only thing I've found gets me through is spamming revives and potions, and I don't have the time to be farming them anymore.

Agree to disagree
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,784 ★★★★★

Glads said:

While I appreciate that feedback, I've found it's doesn't really change my outcome. Only thing I've found gets me through is spamming revives and potions, and I don't have the time to be farming them anymore.

Agree to disagree
    So? Does it really matter if it takes you longer than others to eventually complete 6.4? It's just a game. Progress at your own pace, even if that pace takes years.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Glads said:

Agree to disagree
    So? Does it really matter if it takes you longer than others to eventually complete 6.4? It's just a game. Progress at your own pace, even if that pace takes years.
    I'd love to progress at my own pace, so long as it's not 0
  • Options
    The point of this posts is that war rewards are disproportinal to aq and monthly events. Given the work involved in war, those rewards are no longer worth the cost time/effort/difficulty of other modes
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Glads said:

then you need to git gud dont you?
    why would you think you can get anywhere without getting good at the game
    which game allows you to reach the higher up without getting any good at it?
    (Insert any rpg here) *tongue firmly planted in cheek*
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Look, I understand [things] should be challenging, but every act up to Cavalier has allowed at least a trickle of rank-up resources to help build your team up. I can't even sell the T4CC to turn into T5CC fragments and instead have to waste them on champs that I'll never use.

The transition from Cavalier to Thronebreaker feels needlessly punishing.
    Post edited by Kabam Jax on
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    As someone who completed Act 6 before the most recent set of changes, 6* R3 champions are not needed. It took me a while to get through Act 6, mostly because I just took my time while I did rank ups to fill out my roster, but when I finally got through it, it was with 1 R3 champion which didn’t make a whole lot of difference to me. And the only reason I had that R3 was because of the Summer of Pain. Ultimately, if you truly want a R3 to get through the content, then I would suggest doing monthly content like the side quest and Cav EQ, alongside any variants you may be equipped to do.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    I am an average player. I played carelessly and each chapter cost me 1000 units. The GM cost me even 1600. I grinded arena, waited and did it eventually. The TB benefits are worth it and you need to do just 1 path of each quest. No need to "whale". I did it f2p. Nowadays people go against 6.4.6 with multiple r3 6*s. It's doable and worth the effort. If I had more skill or patience, I would have had a much easier time
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,688 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure I had zero 6r2 when I went through act6 (post nerf one, pre nerf two) and less than 6 5r5 in my roster, none of them was a red mag, doom or human torch either.

One was an Aegon, so there's that I suppose.

My alt, with 5r5 of CAIW, Ultron, NF, Quake and a 5r4 corvus was all I had to get me to cav and it took ages to get a T5CC to become TB.

But not as long as it took my main. the Alt didnt do a variant, hasn't explored anything past act 4 and doesn't even do EQ unless I'm super bored.

I used to hate people telling me "get good" or "it's not that hard" but progression now is easier than anytime in the last 7 years. Get good.

• Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    edited November 2022

Buttehrs said:

Glads said:

Agree to disagree
    That's just it, the pace is 0. Potions/Revives don't help, champion power doesn't go beyond 5* r5 (6* r2 is the same power as 5* r5), doesn't matter the content at this point. I used to be able to get to the boss most times before needing boosts/potions/revives but now I barely get halfway down a path before I run out.

Practice all I want, I don't get anywhere, yet there's still all this content I can't access because some **** decided that it's not "preferred" for me to do so.
    As horrible as act 6 is, remember that alot of us here have actually beaten act 6 before it was nerfed (either time). We've beaten act 6 before 6* r3 champions were really a thing. I am no whale by any means. Usually go for some smaller offers when we have the 4th of July offers and black Friday offers. I gained the units and such from arena because I really wanted to beat act 6.

Watch some videos, ask for some rank up advice, etc. You'll get better at the game and eventually be able to power through act 6. It takes time, practice and game knowledge.