**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

How is matchmaking done?

Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
Kabam,

This is not about the sandbagging, just an honest question and asking for transparency.

What is the basis of matchmaking? I am a 13.5k prestige paragon player. What is the formula I am being matched on?

Being that prestige was mentioned by a Kabam employee earlier on, I assume it’s prestige. However, here are my last 5 matches just on prestige. I am listed first in all of these:

13.5k v. 11.2k
13.5k v. 12.9k
13.5k v. 15.9k
13.5k v. 13.2k
13.5k v. 15.9k

That is a near 5k window. If that os the range, how do that make sense for anyone? This whole season I’ve gone agaiant anyone from a new TB (assuming as they had 1r3) to someone with what I think was 22 r4 champs.

No one has confirmed how matchmaking is done and I feel that we should know the answer. They only other game mode that has a similar system is AW and everyone knows exactly what it’s done as. You guys have announced and said over and over. Why is no one answering the simplest of questions?

Comments

• Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    I'm uncollected at 7.5k prestige and since the update the other day all my matches are against 12k players.
    I can't win ☹️
  • Options
    __SF____SF__ Posts: 288 ★★
    Don’t think prestige is a factor only. My son made gold yesterday and he’s a cavalier with not even a single rank 3 6* and faced paragons and high rank champs. To make matters worse. Those (no-skill) lame players also had rosters of 1*s and super high rank champs. On top of that… they were pausing the match and let it time out to get 15k points. No skill. No fun… finding anyway to do bad sportsmanship on top of the audacity.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I am strongly confident that as of now your total prestige is irrelevant in matchmaking. I am strongly confident that either prestige or pi on your active BG roster is what determines the matchmaking, hence why there are so many sandbaggers and people manipulating their BG roster.

I can verify that I get waaaaay different matches when I play my top roster as opposed to a roster made up of 4*s and 5*s.
  • Options
    MatanacosMatanacos Posts: 67
    I play with a strict 3* roster.

When I was using my top champs (68 R3/2 & R5 5*), I was faced with MASSIVE opponents.

With the 3* roster, matches are quite fair. Opponents are usually a bit bigger only
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,182 ★★★★
    I believe it is roster PI. Having said that, if the rewards are same for all I believe it should be random but fights within the bracket you are in.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    In addition to how matchmaking is done, I really want Kabam to state what the intent of BG is. Meaning, the weaker players keep shouting that it should be fair fights and based on "skill" (many implying they have better skills than higher players but just weaker rosters). While stronger players say it should be more of a battle royal, the strongest advance and everyone in same tier face of against each other to advance (similar to AW).

Each group makes their argument to what best fits their account and neither can be proven wrong because best to my knowledge kabam hasn't publicly stayed what the intent is.

Kabam ease clarify, do you want BG to be about "fair" and "equal" matches (which is guaranteed to have same issue that happened in failed attempt at doing this in AW before) or do you want this to be about the strongest/best similar to AW?

Until Kabam can actually clarify their intent this will be a neverending circular argument.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

I believe it is roster PI. Having said that, if the rewards are same for all I believe it should be random but fights within the bracket you are in.

But then that would encourage the sandbagging, so I don’t think that makes sense.

My whole point is they have never confirmed how it is done. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for us to ask them how it is. It is not a complaint, we just want information.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

In addition to how matchmaking is done, I really want Kabam to state what the intent of BG is. Meaning, the weaker players keep shouting that it should be fair fights and based on "skill" (many implying they have better skills than higher players but just weaker rosters). While stronger players say it should be more of a battle royal, the strongest advance and everyone in same tier face of against each other to advance (similar to AW).

Each group makes their argument to what best fits their account and neither can be proven wrong because best to my knowledge kabam hasn't publicly stayed what the intent is.

Kabam ease clarify, do you want BG to be about "fair" and "equal" matches (which is guaranteed to have same issue that happened in failed attempt at doing this in AW before) or do you want this to be about the strongest/best similar to AW?

Until Kabam can actually clarify their intent this will be a neverending circular argument.

That’s a big ask from kabam. Alienating one side or another flat out isn’t in their best interest but neither is saying nothing lmao