BG matchmaking is horrible and I'm sick of it.

ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
I have a total of 3 R4 and 14 R3. I just became Paragon 2 weeks ago and since then, my matchmaking has gone completely bonkers.

I'm getting matched with people like this regularly

What's the point in playing then? Even if I play perfectly, I simply can't win. I lose 5-9 matches in a row. It used to be more balanced last season when I was Thronebreaker.

It's frustrating and there's zero fun in it. Something needs to change.

Comments

• LiLbee2LiLbee2 Member Posts: 36
    Post your deck to see the difference? Your opponent has actually average more like lower strenght roster for a paragon
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★

Chikel said:

I have a total of 3 R4 and 14 R3. I just became Paragon 2 weeks ago and since then, my matchmaking has gone completely bonkers.

What's the point in playing then? Even if I play perfectly, I simply can't win. I lose 5-9 matches in a row. It used to be more balanced last season when I was Thronebreaker.

So you are competing for the same rewards as those stronger than you but you don't think you should have to face them?! You know how entitled that sounds?
    It's not entitlement to ask for fairer matchups. Look at AW, whales and smaller players don't play on the same tier and you don't see me complaining about it. Various other games have divisions and tiers for good reason.

While a no-holds dog-eat-dog kind of playstyle might sound exciting for big accounts, it's not very fun or rewarding for the rest of us.

I played BG last season like I said: The matchmaking was much fairer and I had minimal complaints.
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    IamGrO_ot said:

I see you have a 1.9 million account, which maybe means that even though you have 3 R4s, your deck might lack some depth.

The alternative is to run your 15 best R4s and R3s in combination with 2*s, which everyone is currently doing, and meet players who do the same. You might have a better chance that way.

That rating is largely 3* which I ranked up for fun. I also have 30+ r5 that are largely useless against whale accounts.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Chikel said:

So you are competing for the same rewards as those stronger than you but you don't think you should have to face them?! You know how entitled that sounds?
    It's not entitlement to ask for fairer matchups. Look at AW, whales and smaller players don't play on the same tier and you don't see me complaining about it. Various other games have divisions and tiers for good reason.

While a no-holds dog-eat-dog kind of playstyle might sound exciting for big accounts, it's not very fun or rewarding for the rest of us.

I played BG last season like I said: The matchmaking was much fairer and I had minimal complaints.
    But they are completing for the same rewards just like in BG and the higher players get better rewards and the lower players get lower rewards. What your asking for is same rewards as the higher players in BG.

I do agree Kabam should work a way to separate the tiers better either by having different leagues (with different rewards) or not doing a complete rating reset each season (like AW) but ensure those with minimal reset are able to get the same rewards from the progression milestones.
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    Lost the count on how many posts that were made on bg matchmaking on fair matches
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,987 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Bugmat78 said:

IamGrO_ot said:

I see you have a 1.9 million account, which maybe means that even though you have 3 R4s, your deck might lack some depth.

The alternative is to run your 15 best R4s and R3s in combination with 2*s, which everyone is currently doing, and meet players who do the same. You might have a better chance that way.

You shouldn't encourage sandbagging.

OP , one option is to just use a weaker deck overall (not the same as sandbagging) and match up to decks at equal strength eg all 4* or all 5*.

Another is just wait until the bigger accounts have progressed to the gladiator track. It will mean possibly missing out in some of the 48 hour objectives, but will be less stressful matching when the big whales are higher up.
    Agreed, no one should encourage sandbagging at all. “If you can’t beat them, join them” shouldn’t be a reasonable application here.
    Downside to a low deck, you’re unfortunately more likely to meet sandbaggers. I was running a 4/5 deck for a bit for kicks and giggles and after getting into high silver it was a sandbaggers 75% of the time.

OP, just keep pushing. It’ll clear up after awhile and the big accounts will start to thin out as they progress and move into the gladiators circuit. Gotta be able to play with the big accounts if you want to progress like the big accounts.
    Your advice is good. But it's not supposed to be like that. People aren't supposed to wait a week or two to get fair matchups.

It's obvious something is broken
    If you look back on some posts you’ll see that I’ve been consistently calling out Kabam for the terrible matchmaking. You’re correct, it’s not supposed to be like that. Kabam has totally screwed up the season up until this point for a lot of players and they don’t seem terribly interested in doing much about it in a timely manner. But that doesn’t make manipulating the game any better. There was a post a few days ago where I stated that it would be a matter of days until a ton of accounts not at the top tier would start sandbagging because they have no other option unless they want their life to be miserable in the game. And now here we are. I don’t blame anyone for doing it now if that’s your only option, but it’s not a solution to the problem, it’s just adding to it.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    If you have 3 R4 i don't think you have a reason to complain about
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★

Ok, R4 Iron Patriot, Groot, and Drax have no right to complain.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

how easy do you think it is to win a match with 3 r4s against someone with 10-15?
    It's hard sure. But not impossible and also if you're in the same brackets that's how matchmaking should be
  • JeancrbJeancrb Member Posts: 220 ★★
    edited November 2022
    Crazy to read this thread as someone who never used sandbagging technique. I didn’t know it was such a big thing, I still don’t think it’s a good technique as I’m winning almost all my games against sandbaggers whenever I meet one.

It’s true tho that since I have 3 r4 the matchmaking became more often unfair… I think having a really balanced roster of 6r3/6r2 is the key.

But since it seems that a lot of people are doing SB, it kinda makes me want to try it lol. If everyone jump from the bridge I’ll do too :D
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    ChiliDog said:

Otherwise, these same algorithm based posts are going to be hourly even years from now, whether it is the algorithm or how people are manipulating it.

#facts
  • MiStaloOvaMiStaloOva Member Posts: 40
    I win fist round second i See i loose all match. To many cheaters!!!!! Kabam
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    I have a lot of defeat after the first week I often struggle I go up in vibranium between 15 and 18 days so I don't worry
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Member Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I have a similar roster to u OP(with a handful of extra ranked champs) and i would say that it has been tough this season as compared to the last two and i have just managed to climb to g1.
    But one thing i can from my experience is that matchmaking is not that bad for mid tier accounts like ours. I have mostly matched against 1.7-2.5 mil rating accounts which i dont consider extremely lopsided matches and i havent faced any sandbagger since crossing bronze.
    But i disagree about 5/65 not being useful in bgs. Majority of my defence is 5/65 or r2 6* and they do get me defensive wins. Sure its getting harder but u gotta try and outplay the opponent
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★
    @TyEdge and @ChiliDog both so right. Take away the loss of badge for a loss and much of the issue goes away