**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Still Full of Modders - What About the New Employee?

BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
As the announced new person was hired to deal with cheaters however that's hard to believe when the situation in battlegrounds is worse than ever - full of modders... just met 5 modders consecutivly, with 500K hero rating accounts, without alliance and random symbol names in top places, doing 2 Billion damage single hits...Has that new employee done anything yet? Can you update us if anything is being done in this regard? or there is no hope.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    King92 said:

BeroMan said:

if you thought that hiring one new employee would instantly remove all modders, that's unrealistic expectations

So what are you suggesting?
    I’m suggesting that I believe that they’re making progress in banning modders, and while I do think they should be permanently banned rather than temporarily, I think the notion that *nothing* is being done about them is just not correct
    What progress? I'm seeing so many of the same and new modders this season majority of the top leaderboards will be modders. No progress has been made and the company is silent on the matter it's not a good look
    They provided something called a Cheating Update a week and a half ago. Do you want them to tell us every single time someone gets their account suspended?
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    King92 said:

BeroMan said:

if you thought that hiring one new employee would instantly remove all modders, that's unrealistic expectations

I’m suggesting that I believe that they’re making progress in banning modders, and while I do think they should be permanently banned rather than temporarily, I think the notion that *nothing* is being done about them is just not correct
    I'm seeing so many of the same and new modders this season majority of the top leaderboards will be modders.
    Although I do agree with you that having modders back in the game who have been previously reprimanded is a bad call, there are only a few modders on the top of the leaderboard. I only saw 2 or 3 in the Top 20, which is a substantial improvement from past seasons
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 304 ★★
    Not saying that the concerns are not legit but what exactly are you expecting the PR guys to do with your screencaps? Because this is who the Kabam employees on the forum are.
  • King92King92 Posts: 29
    IRQ said:

Not saying that the concerns are not legit but what exactly are you expecting the PR guys to do with your screencaps? Because this is who the Kabam employees on the forum are.

Not covering it up would be nice. Especially when players are removing the names so there isn't a issue with breaching privacy
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I also experienced such 3 secs KO by opponents in BG, which is unrealistic. I always wonder how could they achieve that. Is it simply a BOT intervention which force KO by program?
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    mmmbanyas said:

Reference said:

6 seconds…….

………look again bro
    OMG lol…….
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    modders are like starfish, if you know what I mean...
    banning them for a week only works in their favor, on that week they create a new account... after the banned account gets unbanned now they got 2 accounts to use then so on.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    It's a sad situation tbh.
    Losing EMs is another thing but watching modders thrive and enjoy is on a totally different level of frustration.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022

BeroMan said:

Modding situation in BGs has clearly gotten worse than ever in this season
    Even if we assume that too many efforts are being made to manage the situation, I'll still not call it "progress" as long as the results of those efforts are not visible on live servers

Progress in this situation needs to be measured by a visible decline in the number of modders....any other metric is irrelevant
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    BeroMan said:

When a new law enforcement officer is hired, does crime magically disappear?
    Beewee said:

BeroMan said:

I mean… modding has gotten worse
    I mean what do you expect exactly? You think them hiring a single person to handle all the cheating and modding in this game is going to make an immediate impact and you'd see no modders? That one person has to go through all their tickets from support and investigate. Kabam doesn't ban via IP address and even then, VPN's exist. We'll never see modders gone as long as there are good rewards to be had.
  • Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★

Beewee said:

BeroMan said:

I mean what do you expect exactly? You think them hiring a single person to handle all the cheating and modding in this game is going to make an immediate impact and you'd see no modders? That one person has to go through all their tickets from support and investigate. Kabam doesn't ban via IP address and even then, VPN's exist. We'll never see modders gone as long as there are good rewards to be had.
    I dont see how your self awareness hasnt taken over yet.
    They might aswell not have hired this new anti-cheat person because 1 person will not be enough to combat over 1000 modders.
    If they actually want to deal with this, they need a team. Until that happens, BG is a lost cause for real. I know you defend Kabam at every turn. But having this poor anti-cheat is unforgivable for a game this size.
    Primis00 said:

Beewee said:

BeroMan said:

I dont see how your self awareness hasnt taken over yet.
    They might aswell not have hired this new anti-cheat person because 1 person will not be enough to combat over 1000 modders.
    If they actually want to deal with this, they need a team. Until that happens, BG is a lost cause for real. I know you defend Kabam at every turn. But having this poor anti-cheat is unforgivable for a game this size.
    What would a team do? You can't prevent modders from making new accounts. No one wants modders or cheaters but even a team can't prevent them from happening. It sucks and makes me not even waste my time playing. But no amount of people in a team are going to stop modders.
This discussion has been closed.