**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Was anyone else unable to claim some of the milestones from season 2 battlegrounds alliance event?

I decided to move to another alliance after about 10 days of season 2 BattleGrounds started. In that time I was able to put up 300k+ points and as an alliance we passed milestone 9 of 15 and was able to claim all 9 rewards. After joining a new alliance and they were further along at around milestone 12 I waited for the blackout period to end. The new alliance passed milestone 14 during this time. When the blackout period was over I was only able to claim milestone 15. I have sent in about 6 separate tickets about the issue and have been continuously ignored. I have posted numerous pictures with the tickets showing my point totals in both alliances as well as the milestone I was able to claim in the first and being locked out in the second alliance from everything except the last milestone. My tickets keep getting a response that states they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it and consider this matter has been addressed and will be closing my ticket. I would be fine with this response if there was some post about it on the forums or if there was an approximate time I could expect the missing rewards to be sent out, but there isn't. I have no clue what's going on or when/if I will receive anything because they keep closing the ticket and not telling me anything. As a result I lost 1000 Elder Marks and 15,900 trophy tokens and still have no word wth is going on and what if anything is being done about it. Has this happened to anyone else when switching alliances?

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    You only get rewards for milestones you contributed towards or that were reached after your initial contribution. So if they were already at milestone 12 when you joined then that is 12 milestones you will not get. If you then didn’t contribute until after they passed milestone 14, then 15 would be all you could get. What you received is therefore correct.
  • So you only missed milestones 13 and 14 ? You have no claim to 10, 11, 12.
    (assuming when you say “at around” milestone 12, that meant they had already achieved 12, and it was 12 and not something higher already)

And wondering, during that blackout 1st week, did you actually contribute any points prior to them reaching 13 and/or 14. Even though it was during a week you wouldn’t have been able to “claim” a milestone, wonder if you still would have needed to contribute points prior to the milestone, in order for that new milestone to trigger and be kept waiting for you once your week ended ?

3 possible options..
    (1) you should be due 13, 14.
    (2) Ally event is programmed such that you don’t start to qualify for milestones until AFTER that 1 week is up.
    (3) Ally event is programmed such that when moving Ally's, you need to contribute *before* Ally reaches further milestones to qualify for those latest milestones, even if you have to wait your week in order to eventually claim them later.

Don’t think they have specifically laid out what the qualifications are, except an apparently unclear sentence saying …
    “To Qualify for Rank and Milestone Rewards, a Summoner must have been in the Alliance for 7 or More Days and contribute at least 1 Point”

**or maybe that is indeed to be interpreted exactly as written, and you do NOT start qualifying for milestones until you indeed have reached the 1 week (+1 point) mark.
  • DusterN9neDusterN9ne Posts: 74
    edited November 2022
    No guys I think you are misunderstanding my post I was able to claim 1-9 and 15 so I am missing 10-14. Also the logic behind only being able to claim milestones I could contribute points towards makes no sense because that would make this only Alliance event the only one that works this way. Any other time you go through the whole blackout period in enough time to claim rank rewards and milestones you will receive all rewards associated with that event not just the ones that were available after your blackout period is over. Only rewards you wont be able to claim are the ones you claimed in the previous allaince.

These are from the first alliance tag is Immortal MKD
    These are from the current alliance

I put up a total of 450k plus points in the event split between both alliances 300k in the first and 150k in the current why would I lose out on any of these rewards?
    edited November 2022

No guys I think you are misunderstanding my post I was able to claim 1-9 and 15 so I am missing 10-14. Also the logic behind only being able to claim milestones I could contribute points towards makes no sense because that would make this only Alliance event the only one that works this way. Any other time you go through the whole blackout period in enough time to claim rank rewards and milestones you will receive all rewards associated with that event not just the ones that were available after your blackout period is over. Only rewards you wont be able to claim are the ones you claimed in the previous allaince.

We are understanding exactly what you stated. You said you hit 9 milestones in one alliance and claimed them all, then you left that alliance and joined a new one that was already beyond milestone 12. That is what you said. Since you joined the new alliance after they passed milestone 12 then there is no possibility of you collecting those rewards because you didn’t earn them. If it worked any other way then people could constantly work the system to double rewards and that is not okay. You can re-earn rewards on milestones in both alliances, but you can’t claim rewards from before you got there.

Like NR said above, best case scenario is that you’re owed milestones 13 and 14, but it’s also not clear from Kabam if the blackout period applies in such a way that you can’t qualify for any of the rewards during that time in the same way as those earned before you joined.
    It is highly, highly likely that what you claimed is exactly what you were supposed to be able to claim, and it is a matter of fact that you should not receive rewards for 12 milestones reached prior to your joining an alliance.
    I disagree, contributing towards during the blackout period or after is all the participation required to claim milestones you were not able to claim before. This includes milestones the new alliance already passed as you were not able to claim them in the previous alliance either since you left to go somewhere new.

It literally says you don't qualify for the rewards because you didn't contribute or didn't join the alliance in time. I can't understand how you're arguing this, so I will bow out and leave you to it.
    Yes and that is literally what I am complaining about because it says I contributed for 15.

It literally says you don't qualify for the rewards because you didn't contribute or didn't join the alliance in time. I can't understand how you're arguing this, so I will bow out and leave you to it.
    Yes and that is literally what I am complaining about because it says I contributed for 15.
    Yes, because after milestone 14 was completed you started contributing, so you get the rewards you contributed toward, which in this case is only milestone 15.
    If this is indeed the case and you are in a casual alliance that only earns 1 milestone on day 1 and then switch to a competitive alliance that already cleared 10 milestones before you joined then I will not be leaving alliances at all unless Battlegrounds is in off season because that is just utterly stupid. I still contributed points I may even have been the highest point earner in the new alliance but I miss out on more than half the rewards because one was causal and one was competitive. Absolutely asinine!! AQ and AW rewards don’t even come close to equaling the amount of resources you can obtain just from the use of trophy tokens so they have inevitably made those game modes worthless in comparison because they want to distribute rewards for this one mode in this way.
  • Whether you had previously been in an alliance for first part of BG season or not (as example, say you were Solo for half of a BG season before deciding to join an ally).
    Then you join an alliance for the first time, going to an alliance that has already achieved half of the milestones before you come in.

You seem to be saying you should be able to get ALL of those initial milestones, even though you were not in that Ally (or in case of example, weren’t in ANY Ally) when they achieved them.

*maybe* other Ally Events might allow you to claim previous milestones (not sure about that), but for BG they seem to have made qualifications more stringent.

So in my mind, milestones 10-12 should be an absolute NO.

As for 13+14, depends on how Kabam meant for their qualifications statement to be understood as. ( @Kabam Miike ?? )

Whether you had previously been in an alliance for first part of BG season or not (as example, say you were Solo for half of a BG season before deciding to join an ally).
    Then you join an alliance for the first time, going to an alliance that has already achieved half of the milestones before you come in.

You seem to be saying you should be able to get ALL of those initial milestones, even though you were not in that Ally (or in case of example, weren’t in ANY Ally) when they achieved them.

*maybe* other Ally Events might allow you to claim previous milestones (not sure about that), but for BG they seem to have made qualifications more stringent.

So in my mind, milestones 10-12 should be an absolute NO.

As for 13+14, depends on how Kabam meant for their qualifications statement to be understood as. ( @Kabam Miike ?? )

Yes if you are indeed correct about the way these milestones are given out then I shouldn't be able claim them because I wouldn't have been there while they were earning them. However again if that is the case then in my situation when I left my old alliance and ranked top 1-10% in the new one I got 8000 trophy tokens and no elder marks for rank rewards and missed out on 5 milestones equaling almost twice the amount of trophy token (15,900) and 1000 Elder Marks just from not being in the alliance from the start which also affected my ability to earn more points with said Elder Marks without having to spend units for more. The system is flawed and needs to be changed or no one will care about moving from one alliance to another unless it's in off season for BattleGrounds regardless of what is done in AQ or AW as there are no milestones to collect in either of those modes to miss out on except outdated ones like some premium hero shards in AQ or the AW alliance event, just rank rewards which can still be earned as long as you clear the blackout period.