**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BG Matchmaking

DeepworldDeepworld Posts: 280 ★★★
This isn't a sandbagging complain dw but over the past few days, I've been on a bit of a losing streak in BGs. I am currently gold 1 which isn't even that high up but I've come to a roadblock. For reference, I'm a TB with 5 6*R3s and no R4s and a good few 5*R5s... but I've found that I'm frequently matching with paragons with about half a dozen 6*R4s. This makes it really difficult for me to progress at all - I'm not the most skilled player ever but I've played for a few years now so not a total sucker. Was just wondering if this is intended and it's supposed to be a really, really tall mountain to climb?

Comments

• Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    Same. There's no organization to BG matchmaking no matter what and how often they say it.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    It seems a simple way to match would be decks with equivalent PI averages could match each other. If they were worried about sandbagging they could block all champs below 5*. I think that would help a lot. It seems the current system only the strongest of the strong advance and everyone else just loses repeatedly. Oh, how fun...😂
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,280 ★★★★★

It is now easier for an Uncollected player to advance than for a Paragon one.

Can you imagine March Madness in Kabam style? In the first round, a 2nd seed would get matched with the 1st seed instead of the 15th. The 15th seed would get matched with the 16th and have an easier time getting to the next round than the 2nd seed. Kabam's message is: don't build up your roster.

If Kabam is so concerned about coddling players with lower level accounts, make different levels of difficulty like the monthly event and side quests. A low level player can do great in heroic, and eventually build themselves up. Now you see Uncollected guys complain, man I'm in gladiators circuit and have no rank threes. Really? I have many Paragon level players in my alliance that have done everything - breaker of thrones, abyss, breezing through eop itemless - but stuck in gold.

Or, make it random. A player in bronze 3 is looking to play, match them with the next player in bronze 3 also looking to play. First come first serve.

Current system is unfair and frankly, going to be bad for Kabam's business. Again, why spend time, money, resources, etc to rank up champs when it will just make it harder for you to advance?

Really? Cause I've been facing Paragons too. No idea where this "UC players have easy matches" came from cause it's absolutely not true, we may not be facing all Paragons like some of you but we definitely aren't facing only UC players and winning every single match.
  • JChillnJChilln Posts: 6
    Yeah these mid season big changes really screw thing up. I can barely get matches. Took me over 30 minutes of resetting the 3 min clock to get 2 match’s. One was way way stronger a finally second was an even matchup.