**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Holiday trade in event not returning for 2022?

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
So after the December events announcements (and I'm not disappointed by any of it mind you), I did see there's no news about the 2021 trade in event returning, so I'm assuming it's probably safe to go ahead and use up all those awakening gems we've all been hoarding away all year? :( I have so many lol

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

So after the December events announcements (and I'm not disappointed by any of it mind you), I did see there's no news about the 2021 trade in event returning, so I'm assuming it's probably safe to go ahead and use up all those awakening gems we've all been hoarding away all year? :( I have so many lol

They’ve been clear that even though 6-star awakening gems are worth far less than 12 months ago, the event would probably not return.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    This may be one of the surprises that Kabam is talking about
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Chovner said:

They’ve been clear that even though 6-star awakening gems are worth far less than 12 months ago, the event would probably not return.
    Actually they were clear that there weren't any foreseeable plans for it. They didn't comment on the value of Gems, as far as I've read.
  • TyEdge said:

Chovner said:

Actually they were clear that there weren't any foreseeable plans for it. They didn't comment on the value of Gems, as far as I've read.
    It's a parenthetical... if you will insert a comma after "that" and before "even" you will see that there was no claim about Kabam commenting on the value of the gems. As it is also obviously true that the gems are less valuable than they were a year ago, I'm not sure what you are hoping to accomplish here.
    Noooo you forced me to learn grammar. I didn't want a grammar lesson today 🤣🤣🤣
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    I’m pretty sure after the feedback from the event last year they said it absolutely would return, but didn’t give any timeframes. Since then the forum moderators have said they have not heard about it returning, but that doesn’t mean it won’t return at some point. They don’t want to signal it’s ok to use your awakening gems and then get blamed if/when the trade in store returns. If you’re at Thronebreaker and certainly at paragon there really isn’t much of a need for 5* awakening gems or below. I’ve not used any of mine since last year except if they go into overflow. 5* awakening gems and below honestly hold no value to me. I was only using them as part of the item use event. So after missing out last time I’m never going to use another awakening gem outside of 6* unless it’s part of a trade in store. If the trade in store never comes, my account isn’t missing out anyway.

TyEdge said:

Chovner said:

It's a parenthetical... if you will insert a comma after "that" and before "even" you will see that there was no claim about Kabam commenting on the value of the gems. As it is also obviously true that the gems are less valuable than they were a year ago, I'm not sure what you are hoping to accomplish here.
    you should know this by now. Gdub elicited a response from someone.

Actually, I was clarifying. Suggesting they said that is pretty confusing to anyone who isn't reading into the ad hominem.
    I don't need to try and get a reaction. It happens regardless. That's why I just say my piece.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Chovner said:

you should know this by now. Gdub elicited a response from someone.

Actually, I was clarifying. Suggesting they said that is pretty confusing to anyone who isn't reading into the ad hominem.
    I don't need to try and get a reaction. It happens regardless. That's why I just say my piece.
    I see. I didn't realize that misinterpreting was clarifying. Now it makes sense.
    I understood the implication.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    I’ll go ahead and use/sell every 4 and 5* AG I have so that they naturally announce the event the very next morning. My sacrifice will benefit you all