**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Taunt wtf

Taunt's main thing is to reduce the opponent's attack, and increase the chance that your opponent throws a special. Here's why I don't like it.
In most of the matchups I've used Taunt champs in, I've barely noticed the attack decrease coming froom it. (And I've never noticed its effect on me.)
The AI has been acting - how shall I put this? - a little strange lately. I've got to walk forward/dex for about 20 seconds now to bait an sp1. With Taunt I barely notice the difference. But as soon as the AI gets to 3 bars, you better believe you're about to get smacked, Taunt or no.
There's a similar debuff called infuriate that I think only Hercules and Mantis have as playable characters, which is much better since it does oaar which is far more useful, and makes the AI fight more aggressively in general (not just higher sp throw chance)
With this in mind, I'd like to propose a debuff/effect that would make it slightly more bearable: SP timer.
Basically, when the timer is active, AI will never throw specials but otherwise will behave normally. When the timer expires, the AI will immediately throw the highest special it can (if it has no bars yet, nothing happens.) This would make AI behavior a lot more predictable and it would prevent you from getting special intercepted.

Comments

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,397 ★★★★★
    Your wrong
    Spot also has infuriate
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

Taunt's main thing is to reduce the opponent's attack, and increase the chance that your opponent throws a special. Here's why I don't like it.
    In most of the matchups I've used Taunt champs in, I've barely noticed the attack decrease coming froom it. (And I've never noticed its effect on me.)
    The AI has been acting - how shall I put this? - a little strange lately. I've got to walk forward/dex for about 20 seconds now to bait an sp1. With Taunt I barely notice the difference. But as soon as the AI gets to 3 bars, you better believe you're about to get smacked, Taunt or no.
    There's a similar debuff called infuriate that I think only Hercules and Mantis have as playable characters, which is much better since it does oaar which is far more useful, and makes the AI fight more aggressively in general (not just higher sp throw chance)
    With this in mind, I'd like to propose a debuff/effect that would make it slightly more bearable: SP timer.
    Basically, when the timer is active, AI will never throw specials but otherwise will behave normally. When the timer expires, the AI will immediately throw the highest special it can (if it has no bars yet, nothing happens.) This would make AI behavior a lot more predictable and it would prevent you from getting special intercepted.

Sometimes you need the AI to throw the special immediately because of a node or for a champion's rotation. We already have the effect you're proposing and it's called special lock
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    This has been a thing for a while with no response.