How does prestige work? Different prestige between ranks

IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
When I check auntmai for the prestige list of 6r3 champs then sunspot is at nr 4. For 6r4 champs sunspot suddenly drops to nr 55. Can someone explain this?

Comments

• RichardSlugbergRichardSlugberg Member Posts: 82 ★★
    > Can someone explain this?

Sure can!

Prestige scales different from champion to champion, each champion has their own set of stats and abilities that contribute to their total prestige. Those stats and abilities scale differently based on tier (star), rank, and level. Sunspot is a champion with a very high base and not much scaling, so as his total prestige increases, it increases slower than the champions that overtake him.

This difference from champion to champion introduces a natural and healthy bit of change to the champions you'd need to invest in to maintain a high prestige. This helps newer players who are climbing the ranks catch up by way of relative attrition (much better than actual attrition with maintenance requirements).
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
    Is there a way to check how a champion scales? For example valkyrie. I would hate to invest 200 sigs and r4 for her just to notice that she scales badly and drops out of top prestige when r5's eventually arrive.
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 808 ★★★★
    To see how a champ scales, check the 5* version at r3-r4-r5. There you can see 5* r3 Sunspot is 3rd overall and at r4 he drops to 50th.
    Valkyrie as 5* is at 6th as r4 and goes up to 5th at r5. So she scales better than Spidey supreme.
    Anyway, she's a 15.7k prestige champ, she'll eventually get pushed out just like OS, Thor, Herc were pushed out.
    For prestige you need current top4 who are 15.9-16k and your favorite 15.7k champ. And of course, relics🤮
  • RichardSlugbergRichardSlugberg Member Posts: 82 ★★
    You can make an educated guess right now, by looking at how she scales *compared* to someone like Infamous Iron Man.

At R1, IIM has a 156 prestige lead over Valkyrie. At R2 it grows to 217, R3 is 254, R4 it's 290.

That might look bleak, IIMs lead should continue to grow over Valkyrie, but Spider-Man Supreme's lead goes from 10 to 5. Valkyrie's prestige does scale well (IIM's just scales like crazy).

We could also just look at the info from R5 enemies we fight in game and determine for sure what position Valkyrie would be in with current data. I've hesitated to add the R5 data to AuntMai until the champions are obtainable, simply because we don't know if Kabam will rework that rank's prestige when they are.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
    Damn I didn't realize the creator himself replied to me. Thank you so much for auntmai! It has been such a helpful site.

Thanks for the insight about prestige, I have learned something new today.