**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battleground Decks

ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
Is there a detail description on how these work? I am thinking of purchasing for a non-recoil deck. Or is it just you buy one time ever and lock in masteries and done and can swich champs with no cost as long as you don't want to change masteries?

If they work the way I think, why can't we have this outside of BGs too? It's past time for this game to allow us to test builds without so much cost.

Comments

• Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 208
    edited December 2022
    If you want only a non-recoil deck, you can set your masteries taking off recoil, go to your BG deck and lock in that mastery set up. From then on, your BG deck will not have recoil, even if you change your masteries. You could change your masteries outside of BGs to any set-up you want, but your BG deck will always be the one you locked in until you change it. You can swap champs in and out freely.

If you want two BG decks, one with recoil and one without, then you would have to purchase an additional mastery load out.

Hope that made sense and answered your question.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Thanks. Yes, I will probably buy a deck after gifting and grinding some arena. I would love to see this for AW defense as well.
  • Heinz11 said:

If you want two BG decks, one with recoil and one without, then you would have to purchase an additional mastery load out.

ChiliDog said:

Thanks. Yes, I will probably buy a deck after gifting and grinding some arena. I would love to see this for AW defense as well.

Hope you didn’t misunderstand earlier response as being you would need to purchase an *additional* one, on top of already purchasing one to begin with for Battlegrounds.

Right now, for free, you can specify a BG mastery and lock it in for BG, and then outside of BG you can revert back or do whatever other changes you want to masteries without it affecting your BG mastery.

It's only if you want to switch between multiple Mastery setups *within BG* that you would need to purchase a mastery setup for BG (which would actually be a 2nd mastery setup for BG).
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited December 2022

Heinz11 said:

ChiliDog said:

Hope you didn’t misunderstand earlier response as being you would need to purchase an *additional* one, on top of already purchasing one to begin with for Battlegrounds.

Right now, for free, you can specify a BG mastery and lock it in for BG, and then outside of BG you can revert back or do whatever other changes you want to masteries without it affecting your BG mastery.

It's only if you want to switch between multiple Mastery setups *within BG* that you would need to purchase a mastery setup for BG (which would actually be a 2nd mastery setup for BG).
    I think I understand. I want one deck with recoil setup and one deck without recoil setup....and don't want to pay to switch every time, so buy another deck w/mastery setup for 1000 units. Other than EoP Fury week challenges, I have always ran lc/de for almost 2 years now. But I did not turn them off for AW defense even....just chose champs that had at least one immunity or healed from them some. So this will take some getting used to, but good to try new things and 1000 units one time is worth it and raise some champs that not as lc/de friendly.

Versus 100ish units each time back and forth. Very good addition and like I said, I would pay 1000 one time for an AW defense build as well that I could choose.