**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New BG Metas - Thoughts?

AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
With the new BG information released, the metas seem to be growing even more niche to actually play in. It isn't a problem for most top players, I suppose, and I wouldn't bat an eye if they were only this way for the gladiator circuit, but for victory track too? Oof.

What are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    For VT, the nodes apply for the whole month, as before. Just prepare armor ups defenders, and armor break and nullify champs for attack…or maybe think differently, and find the tricky options, and perhaps surprise the opponent.

My concern is regardless the modders, that we are not compensated for the losses they inflict on us, and that match making will still greatly benefit players with a lot of R4s, but now also UC/Cavs on the road to the GC.

TBs and new paragons will suffer, especially if they have good prestige.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Galan is going to be banned in like 90% of matches, so that’s fun
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    I am not a fan of the fact it is for the whole event, if it would change every week it could be fun. But rich get richer node for the entire time in victory road is boring.
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    Pseudo_19 said:

I’d rather have nodes to play around and rank up certain champs than just having a constant nuke fest with champs like AA, torch, stealthy, sunspot.

I understand this but think about it from the perspective of lower level players who just farm the victory track. Half of them don't even have enough nuke options, LET ALONE counters to a niche combination of nodes.

Sure BGs are for the best of the best, that's what gladiator circuit is for after all. But why does victory track have to be the same way if we assume all the lower tier players get left behind there 🧐

Omedenn said:

I am not a fan of the fact it is for the whole event, if it would change every week it could be fun. But rich get richer node for the entire time in victory road is boring.

This is the current season meta, the new season meta was released yesterday/today. :)
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    People are gonna have a reeeeal hard time getting out of the VT.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    I’m not thrilled with the new metas announced, with the exception of Week 4. Week 4, being Power Shield and Flux Dispersal, is a solid meta because it focuses more on player behavior in a fight rather than the drafting and deck building phases.

In Weeks 1 and 3, you can lose before the fights ever start if you don’t have enough ways of dealing with armor up or hazard shift. It’s a roster check, not a skill check. Which I’m fine with in permanent content, but it feels bad in Battlegrounds.
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    Imagine getting matched on something like prestige now that your top champs might not be relevant options now. Going to make finding fair matches an absolute nightmare. Better just make it random and call it a day
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 174 ★★
    Week 4 is terrible, gonna be a dumb race for sp2
  • Options
    Pseudo_19 said:

I’d rather have nodes to play around and rank up certain champs than just having a constant nuke fest with champs like AA, torch, stealthy, sunspot.

They really need to make a blacklist/whitelist every season because AA & Torch are also going to be super effective for all but 1 of the new metas just like the last 2 seasons and this current one
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Not a fan of week 3 and 4 metas(those are the only 2 gc metas relevant for me as I typically reach gc in week 3)
    Week 3 is super niche and if u don’t get to pick champs with immunities then might as well forfeit the match. Week 4 is gonna be a nuke test which means that anytime my defender is lower ranked than my opponent’s(which is the case more likely than not), it’s most likely gonna be a loss..so next season I am just gonna make it to gc and finish uru 3 without even trying
  • Options
    PSYKEOPPSYKEOP Posts: 12
    The win trail node is just horrible, it will only benefit p2w players with accounts full of r3/r4 with all node counters, accounts without galan, hulkling, king groot among others will be very hurt next season and it will be almost impossible for them to reach the gladiator circuit, and not because of skill but because of a global node I thought BG was supposed to be where the best would stand out and not the people who spend the most money and have the biggest accounts in the game, kabam is simply destroying their highest hit in years.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Encroaching root & Kinetic Transference is difficult for sure. It's new and a challenge so Im trying to make the best of it, but I can't say it's been fun. Also, I've had a handful of times where I'm rooted and I'm hitting my special button and it's not registering so that's turning me off from it.

Edit: If we're talking about next seasons Meta... i'll let you know when were there.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I only dabble in the Victory Track and it looks like I'll be skipping BG for next season beyond 1 or 2 runs. The restrictive options for attack in Victory Track seem too much. As others said, maybe okay for Gladiator but I don't want to only be able to use limited armor break or nullify/stagger champs.

I am not willing to try to invest in ranking a bunch of 5/6* champs that I might not otherwise want to use for the rest of the game for just 1 month of specific nodes in BG. I don't have so many rank materials, extra gold and ISO to just get that many champs max rank each month for the nodes.

Also, the comment about delaying BG until January so we can enjoy the holidays is ridiculous. I didn't hear they are doing the same with AQ so why restrict only BG? Sounds like they aren't ready to release it and are just spinning it this way.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Battlegrounds is not the game mode to have such restrictive metas
    It's fine in AW AQ Story but not appropriate for BGs