**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Battlegrounds matchmaking finalized?

L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 220 ★★
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
I know things are always subject to change but do yall think kabam is satisfied with where matchmaking is currently? I dont think I saw any posts about tweaking or refining it.

I'm also wondering is anybody else avoiding prestige because of the matchmaking? I sidelined taking up a few sig 200 R4's because why make BGs grindier for myself than they already are.

I also haven't opened any relics. I don't know how much they effect prestige/matchmaking but they seem significant? Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    I assume it would be like water.
    Play the game with things in your control. If you want prestige then go prestige, don't let match making be deciding factor because prestige is concrete and match making is not.
  • Options
    L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 220 ★★

I assume it would be like water.
    Play the game with things in your control. If you want prestige then go prestige, don't let match making be deciding factor because prestige is concrete and match making is not.

I can appreciate that. I've never cared about prestige. Always sigged up champs based on useful abilities. If they also happened to be high prestige, so be it.

But now I'm like, well I guess Herc can stay at rank 3 sig 155 if that means a few less sweaty round 3 BGs matchups with mega whales 😂
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    How committed to battlegrounds are you over other modes? A 200 Sig Herc makes a lot of questing way easier. which gives progress.
    How different do you think a bit of prestige will make?
    No matter what you do you'll face mega whales. There will always be someone with a more stacked roster, and you'll face those people in BGs.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm avoiding relics and putting sigs higher than they need to be because I'm working on the assumption it'll likely only make bg harder for little benefit.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 820 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    I’m r4ing unawakened champs first now lol. No sigs for top 5 it’s unfortunate. I was actually mad when I duped my r4 doom, which doesn’t sit right..
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Is it actually prestige or total hero rating it’s based on? Did we ever figure that out.

I’ve gone on the assumption it’s prestige and stopped caring for r4 materials myself. Get enough matches against paragons as it is with the 1. Might as well bring up the full deck to r3 to be reasonably competitive as most won’t affect my prestige anyways.
  • Options
    How do we know it even looks at anything more than progression title for matchmaking? There were a lot of weak paragon players complaining about going against stacked paragon players.
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Sooo avoid rank ups to make getting to gladiator circuit "easier" and then not be able to progress as far in the ranks for the same reason...

Would be easier to just chill in the victory track a couple weeks while most large accounts move to gladiator circuit and then make the push.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

How committed to battlegrounds are you over other modes? A 200 Sig Herc makes a lot of questing way easier. which gives progress.
    How different do you think a bit of prestige will make?
    No matter what you do you'll face mega whales. There will always be someone with a more stacked roster, and you'll face those people in BGs.

A difference of 0.5k in prestige may translate to 5-10 or even more r4s on deck.
    So a bit of Prestige ends up luring way more stacked accounts.
    I’m at 15.5k prestige and I was already matching people with min 5-6 r4, average 15 r4 and sometimes full r4 decks at Victory Track.
    For reference I had six r4 on my deck.
    I’m currently not ranking up high prestige champs to r4, neither putting sigs on existing r4s or opening relics.
    Prestige matchmaking is wrong and it will be removed sooner or later anyway.
    It’s just a matter of time Kabam realise, that people instead of chasing prestige are currently try to keep it as low as possible.
    The company wants to sell prestige and currently (apart from the very top accounts), for anyone else is wiser to keep prestige low.
    Battlegrounds VT matchmaking should be average PI of top15 on deck. That would solve sandbagging without punishing account prestige.
    Current Prestige matchmaking is favouring small UC/Cav accounts who have an easy access to ranked rewards, while at the same time Paragon accounts can’t make it because they are fighting only each other.
    Prestige matchmaking is UNFAIR and everyone knows it from our previous AW Prestige matchmaking experience.
    Kabam should know that too 🤔