**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

a thought about alliance events

RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
As English is not my native language, I'll try to do my best to make my thoughts clear. I've been playing for a long time, just over 7 years, there's something I really miss when I started playing.
SA rewards were much better. But that's not the point, not because of the rewards, but the fact that the rewards were really good encouraged people in the alliance to score points, progress in the game and every week we had the same feeling we have at the end of AW seasons: people sharing screenshots from their openings, the champions who want to invest, discussions about what to do with the resources, the crystals. I feel like this has been lost over time. Today, the rewards of alliance events, both SA and 3-day events, are irrelevant.
I understand that there is another side: it was a little stressful and people felt obliged to beat a minimum score to stay in the alliance, this is a problem, no doubt.
I'm not here saying that SA rewards need to be like alliance war season, that would be crazy, but that they don't need to be as irrelevant as they are today. A little more 6* shards in SA and cav crystals in the 3 day event might bring that back.

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    There are two problems here that Kabam would need to solve at least one of. First, the gap between new players and endgame players is much, much wider now than it was then. So yes, the rewards were more relevant then, but that is because players weren’t as far ahead of them and they didn’t give new players a significant advantage. So that leads to the second problem where if they increased the rewards to make them at least more relevant to endgame players then early game players would have access to rewards that they simply shouldn’t have access to yet. To solve both of these problems, SA would need a complete rework, which I wonder if Kabam would be even remotely interested in going that route.
    One thought would be to make rewards prestige based. That would separate rewards by progression, however it could result in system manipulation by people “selling” higher SA ranked rewards through creating alliances with large prestige accounts to feed new accounts better rewards. So giving different rewards to different alliances wouldn’t work.
    The rework SA would need would be to retool the value of different things you can do in the game. As it stands, players most easily score points through opening preformed 4* crystals and T3CC crystals. That shouldn’t be the case. They need to work it out to where what endgame players are doing (ranking and leveling 6*, opening T5CC crystals, etc.) contribute the most points to the milestones and rework the milestones to appropriately reward the effort. This still leaves some room for manipulation as stated above, but not nearly as easily. They simply need to add more tiers and update the game to support what players are doing today and not 3 years ago.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Along these lines it is ridiculous how much easier and less costly in iso and gold it is to get points in class advancement by leveling/ranking 5* (maybe even 4*) than 6* champs. Also, so many champion crystals don't award points for opening them. All the solo/alliance events need reexamined and updated to award points for things that didn't exist previously and to award them fairly as well.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    Rebark said:

As English is not my native language, I'll try to do my best to make my thoughts clear. I've been playing for a long time, just over 7 years, there's something I really miss when I started playing.
    SA rewards were much better. But that's not the point, not because of the rewards, but the fact that the rewards were really good encouraged people in the alliance to score points, progress in the game and every week we had the same feeling we have at the end of AW seasons: people sharing screenshots from their openings, the champions who want to invest, discussions about what to do with the resources, the crystals. I feel like this has been lost over time. Today, the rewards of alliance events, both SA and 3-day events, are irrelevant.
    I understand that there is another side: it was a little stressful and people felt obliged to beat a minimum score to stay in the alliance, this is a problem, no doubt.
    I'm not here saying that SA rewards need to be like alliance war season, that would be crazy, but that they don't need to be as irrelevant as they are today. A little more 6* shards in SA and cav crystals in the 3 day event might bring that back.

You expressed yourself very well for English to not be your native language. You speak better than many English speakers. SA rewards, along with many others, are long overdue for an upgrade. They're called "summoner advancement" so, in my opinion, they should be progression based.
  • Options
    One problem since they changed to “Peak Milestone” rewards, is that there is so very little difference in the rewards from one level to the next.

It doesn’t pay at all to try and reach extra levels of Milestone.

Look at Revive, or Units, or Energy Refill. They are stagnant for so many levels before they maybe increase a tiny bit bigger.
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    @Rebark mate your English is prefect and much better than half the guys I work with.
    With summoner advancement yes you're right the are years past the best before date. @kabam has buffed a few rewards recently notely, the aq and some of the 23hr events which are balanced in my opinion, war rewards are currently looking a bit sad, but none worse than summoner advancements. Hopefully kabam will fix all of these at once and monitor every 4 to 6 months, we have 7 star champs dropping in apirl which will make the current rewards irrelevant.
    @Furrymoosen hit the nail on the head when he or she said there is a great spread, rewards should be maximum then balanced by a division factor of cavalier thronebreaker or paragon or whatnot. These aren't big problems but managements are looking at this simple problem too complicated in my opinion