**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Punk Never Dies

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
I know what y’all are thinking, “not another spider!” And I get it. It’s a legit complaint. But Spider-Punk is the character I’m most excited about potentially becoming a champion in the Summoner’s Choice poll, and I’ll tell you why.

First off is the aesthetic, dude’s got drip. I don’t know how you can look at that costume and not give him at least some points.

Second is mechanics. The most notable part of his character isn’t that he’s a Spider-Man, it’s that he’s a punk star. His weapon of choice is his guitar, which he used to bash President Norman Osborn’s skull in. That’s the most metal sentence I’ve ever heard. Mechanically that means he can use acoustics and crowd hype as tools just as proficiently as he does his spider abilities. Deafening or Overwhelming the opponent as new unique debuffs, or rocking so hard the opponent is intimidated into submission.

Finally, the synergy potential. I know there are a lot of Spider-Verse characters in the game already, but that opens the door to so much awesome synergy potential. Every new champ from the Spider-Verse has been a killer for synergies, and there’s no reason to think Punk wouldn’t bring the heat there too.

Anyway, that’s my pitch for the punk. There are lots of good options on the list this year, but he’s my favorite. Hope to see some love for him (or more likely a ton of disagrees)

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Make him mutant !!!!
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    We want another spider, but a spider that is different from the others, Punk is literally the same
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

We want another spider, but a spider that is different from the others, Punk is literally the same

He’s not even Peter Parker, he’s a fully unique character
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Jefechuta said:

Yeah and Iron Patriot is not Tony Stark but...
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Wicket329 said:

Jefechuta said:

Yeah and Iron Patriot is not Tony Stark but...
    Interesting that you bring up Iron Patriot, the character that this spider-man killed with a guitar. Like I touched on in my post, this character is way more Punk than Spider, and I believe his in game mechanics would reflect that
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Wicket329 said:

Jaded said:

Make him mutant !!!!

I can’t think of a single lore reason that he would qualify as a mutant, but I also can’t think of a single reason why I’d care. Mutant Punk!
    Isn't it punk rock to go against the grain! Mutant because punk!

I keep saying this: I understand the scoffing at Spider-Punk... yes, there are a lot of Spider-people (and pigs) in the game. But I want Spider-Punk because of the punk aspect, not the spider aspect.
    Hard agree. I’m always a sucker for strong anti-authoritarian vibes and that’s the whole punk aesthetic.

On that note, I looked up that band you recommended in another thread, PUP. They do, in fact, go hard. Solid rec, Jax.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Wicket329 said:

Jaded said:

Make him mutant !!!!

I can’t think of a single lore reason that he would qualify as a mutant, but I also can’t think of a single reason why I’d care. Mutant Punk!

I keep saying this: I understand the scoffing at Spider-Punk... yes, there are a lot of Spider-people (and pigs) in the game. But I want Spider-Punk because of the punk aspect, not the spider aspect.
    There are very punk Ghost Riders too :((
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Kabam Jax said:

Wicket329 said:

Jaded said:

Make him mutant !!!!

There are very punk Ghost Riders too :((
    And if they were on this ballot, I’d probably be voting for them. Kushala got my vote last time around and I’m devastated she hasn’t come back around yet
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,153 ★★★★
    WE NEED DOPPELGANGER BOOM MUTANT SPIDEY
  • Options
    With the news that Spider-Punk has made it to the second round, I’m reviving this post to support my boy.

Also worth shouting out synergy potential with a partner I missed in my original post: Titania. I know Titania had a Mohawk-based synergy, but she and Spider-Punk have clear synergy potential here with their looks beyond just the hair. Just an extra thing to throw in there since Titania is all the rage right now.
  • Options
    Negativity_1Negativity_1 Posts: 61
    I just want my White Tiger in peace
    I want a new good mystic,
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    Nah I want a recount 😂
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Wicket329 said:

Jaded said:

Make him mutant !!!!

You know what you be really punk and totally against the grain tho? Not adding ANOTHER Spider-Man😂
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Ew another glass cannon spider...
  • Options
    L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    Hmmm I'd give him points if he wasn't going up against a zombie cyborg (yes I know he's already out) and a big ass alien with a mohawk.
    I'd also give him points if we didn't already have 9 spider man variants in the game lol.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,605 ★★★★
    Echo had my vote all the way. She had great potential, but she didn't make it :( Bullseye has my vote now, because he could potentially have similar abilities to Echo. But no way am I voting for the punk. Even if Bullseye doesn't make it through, I am voting for whoever is the other final champ. NO WAY I AM VOTING FOR THAT STUPID PUNK BOY!!! NO WAY!!!
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Knowing very little about the comic’s, I thought we’d reached peak of weird spider verse characters when we got a pig.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Can we get Eddie Munson and licenced Metallica background music instead?

Nothing from the Black album onwards though, ewwww.
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    Should have had this as a mutant spider man:

• Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Spider-Punk can enter the contest alongside Gwenom and we can start putting a full band together.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    He has an insanely cool aesthetic but I don't want him for two reasons: 1) not yet another Spidey, and 2) he'd be another Science (I assume) Summoner's Choice, and I'd rather get one from a new class.

However, if he does win, I think it's worth pointing out that Spider-Gwen is in a rock band called The Mary Janes in her reality. If they don't have a The Mary Punking Janes synergy together, I'm gonna riot.