**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What do 7* champs cost? (Completely useless and utterly ridiculous math)

So I was sitting here licking my wounds after being power burned to extra crispy when a bizarre thought entered my head.

What would it cost to be the first person in the game to possess a 7* champ? 7* champs are supposed to become available to the players sometime later this year, but the crystal vault has the crystals right there. Sure, its there as a placeholder so we can see our shards, but if it is in the vault that should mean there's an actual crystal there, right?

Right?

Okay, so what would it cost to buy one, like right now? Well, the only way to earn 7* shards is to dup 6* champs, and while there are lots of ways to earn 6* shards/champs, really, for the numbers we are talking about none of them will really work in this century except one: buying Cav crystals. Cav crystals have a 3% chance to drop a 6* champ, which means every Cav crystal contains, on average, the equivalent of about 300 6* shards (0.03 x 10000). But we also have to consider 5* champs. The Cav crystal has a 16% chance to drop a 5* champ, and 5* dups generate 6* shards. If we assume all your 5* champs are max sig (and trust me, for anyone attempting to do this, they will be) then a 5* champ is equal to about 550 6* shards (more or less: there are rare drops that are not shards, but they are rare enough to not change the numbers much). Which means the actual amount of 6* value we get from each Cav is about 0.03 x 10000 + 0.16 x 550 = 300 + 88 = 388.

Cav crystals cost 200 units, but I'm going to assume the Thronebreaker discounted price of 175. That means to earn the equivalent of one 6* champ requires, on average, 10000/388 x 175 = 4510 units.

We're going to need *a lot* of dups. 999,999,999 / 550 = 1,818,182 6* champ dups, more or less. Which means 1818182 x 4510 = 8.2 billion units. At 3100 units per Odin this is about 2,645,162 Odins, or in USD terms $264,516,200.

Now, I would assume that there's a crystal for every crystal vault entry. I'm not sure what the crystal would actually contain, however. Would one of the whales out there drop about a quarter billion dollars on Odins, buy about 47 million Cavs, and then use the shards to buy a 7* crystal? And please record the opening so we can all see what's in it.

Hey, you will be the first, guaranteed.

Comments

• PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    For one 7 star I estimate it'll be 10,000 to 15,000 shards
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 303 ★★
    the duped of 6 star give 275 shards so it should be 10k for the 7*
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★

i feel like whale is too small of a term for that much money

Loch Ness Monster

Because it’s massive and also doesn’t exist
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I’d not call this a whale, this is “Galactus”.

Kabam should offer a ‘super mythic’ title to sweeten the deal. Quarter billion isn’t looking too bad for that status.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Small price to pay for salvation
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 807 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    I can't believe you did all that math and broke this down for something that's not in the game. The 999999999 is just saying it's impossible until they actually release. It's nothing more than a view of you current shards.....even if someone somehow got up to that number they aren't getting a 7 star.....and then I read your name(tag) and realized you are trolling....ignore this lol
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★

SUPER ULTIMATE BIG MEGALODON
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    DannyB01 said:

I’d not call this a whale, this is “Galactus”.

Kabam should offer a ‘super mythic’ title to sweeten the deal. Quarter billion isn’t looking too bad for that status.

Ultra Magus: Exactly As Much As Meets The Eye

(Okay that might be a tad obscure even for an MCOC title)
  • TheAntiSaintTheAntiSaint Posts: 105
    DNA3000 said:

So I was sitting here licking my wounds after being power burned to extra crispy when a bizarre thought entered my head.

What would it cost to be the first person in the game to possess a 7* champ? 7* champs are supposed to become available to the players sometime later this year, but the crystal vault has the crystals right there. Sure, its there as a placeholder so we can see our shards, but if it is in the vault that should mean there's an actual crystal there, right?

Right?

Okay, so what would it cost to buy one, like right now? Well, the only way to earn 7* shards is to dup 6* champs, and while there are lots of ways to earn 6* shards/champs, really, for the numbers we are talking about none of them will really work in this century except one: buying Cav crystals. Cav crystals have a 3% chance to drop a 6* champ, which means every Cav crystal contains, on average, the equivalent of about 300 6* shards (0.03 x 10000). But we also have to consider 5* champs. The Cav crystal has a 16% chance to drop a 5* champ, and 5* dups generate 6* shards. If we assume all your 5* champs are max sig (and trust me, for anyone attempting to do this, they will be) then a 5* champ is equal to about 550 6* shards (more or less: there are rare drops that are not shards, but they are rare enough to not change the numbers much). Which means the actual amount of 6* value we get from each Cav is about 0.03 x 10000 + 0.16 x 550 = 300 + 88 = 388.

Cav crystals cost 200 units, but I'm going to assume the Thronebreaker discounted price of 175. That means to earn the equivalent of one 6* champ requires, on average, 10000/388 x 175 = 4510 units.

We're going to need *a lot* of dups. 999,999,999 / 550 = 1,818,182 6* champ dups, more or less. Which means 1818182 x 4510 = 8.2 billion units. At 3100 units per Odin this is about 2,645,162 Odins, or in USD terms $264,516,200.

Now, I would assume that there's a crystal for every crystal vault entry. I'm not sure what the crystal would actually contain, however. Would one of the whales out there drop about a quarter billion dollars on Odins, buy about 47 million Cavs, and then use the shards to buy a 7* crystal? And please record the opening so we can all see what's in it.

Hey, you will be the first, guaranteed.

Man I’ll just wait a couple months at this point
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,587 ★★★★
    MrBeast be like:"This video is sponsored by Marvel Contes Of Champions, so we're gonna give the winner of the challenge $264,516,200 worth of7* shards!
    If you somehow do get a 7* crystal, would there even be champs in the crystal?
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    OKAYGang said:

Megalodon
    Beyond Megalodon.
    Would have to be like Bloop, Leviathan, Cthulhu, or some other ancient water creature.
    We're talking a quarter of a million dollars here.

Here's how I see it.
    Hundreds to thousands(if not tens of thousands of dollars) - Whale
    hundreds of thousands of dollars to maybe at most around tens of millions - Megalodon
    Hundreds of Millions of dollars and beyond- Cthulhu/Leviathan/Kraken/Bloop/Mustakrakish

OKAYGang said:

Megalodon
    Beyond Megalodon.
    Would have to be like Bloop, Leviathan, Cthulhu, or some other ancient water creature.
    We're talking a quarter of a million dollars here.

• horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 226 ★★
    Well now that they have Titan crystals in game, how many trillions would we need to get one?

Well now that they have Titan crystals in game, how many trillions would we need to get one?

About 962. Which is about the total world GDP for the next ten years.

It would probably be worth waiting a week.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

About 962. Which is about the total world GDP for the next ten years.

It would probably be worth waiting a week.