**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Transparency

If there was any transparency in this rewards process it would make it a lot easier to deal with. Show us where we are at before and after cheaters are weeded out. Then we can at least see how many there are and that it actually made a difference.

Comments

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    Dalbeniw said:

If there was any transparency in this rewards process it would make it a lot easier to deal with. Show us where we are at before and after cheaters are weeded out. Then we can at least see how many there are and that it actually made a difference.

What you’re asking for would require additional work, and thereby make the process take longer. Are you sure that’s what you want?
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★

That's not transparency. That's asking for info you're not privileged to have.

I wouldn't call it a privilege, because it wouldn't be any advantage for OP if they knew it. It wouldn't give them rewards faster, it wouldn't allow them to prepare, nothing. If they knew, it'd be the same situation as it is now.

It's an information for employees only. Most likely even only for some of those. So OP just isn't in a position to know such info. It's like me not knowing your physical address: I am not allowed to know your personal information because I am not allowed. But if I knew it, I wouldn't call it a privilege (no offense meant)
  • Options
    hburns03hburns03 Posts: 74

how is saying something like “this season we banned over 5k cheaters!” or “this banquet event we cleared over 2k cheaters off the leaderboards!” a privilege? seems more like it would be a deterrent for future cheaters to me🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

I wouldn't call it a privilege, because it wouldn't be any advantage for OP if they knew it. It wouldn't give them rewards faster, it wouldn't allow them to prepare, nothing. If they knew, it'd be the same situation as it is now.

It's an information for employees only. Most likely even only for some of those. So OP just isn't in a position to know such info. It's like me not knowing your physical address: I am not allowed to know your personal information because I am not allowed. But if I knew it, I wouldn't call it a privilege (no offense meant)
    Kabam has explicitly stated they will not give us any info on who gets removed. Sounds like privileged information to me.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    hburns03 said:

how is saying something like “this season we banned over 5k cheaters!” or “this banquet event we cleared over 2k cheaters off the leaderboards!” a privilege? seems more like it would be a deterrent for future cheaters to me🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    They gave us an amount after last BG season and it was over 2000. But that's not what you asked for.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    I think understanding the impact is fair but at a general level. For example, 500 people were found to be cheating and offenders were given 1 month ban and negative units.

If the number was high then it would help the community accept the 1 week reward timescale. Also by publishing the punishment, it would give reassurance to the community that its not acceptable and also dissuade potential cheaters.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Kabam has explicitly stated they will not give us any info on who gets removed. Sounds like privileged information to me.
    It's just playing with words at this point. I agree with you here, I merely pointed out that privilege means to have an advantage over others. Knowing who is banned or how far are they with banning is no advantage at all in my eyes. But ultimately it doesn't matter what we call it.
  • Options
    hburns03hburns03 Posts: 74

hburns03 said:

They gave us an amount after last BG season and it was over 2000. But that's not what you asked for.
    the guy who made this thread and myself included never asked for kabam to provide people’s personal info or even usernames. “Show us where we are at before and after cheaters. Then we can at least see how many there are and that it actually made a difference.” that’s just asking for a number and or seeing how the leaderboards differ. pretty simple