**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

39 seasons later….

GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
Kabam has really nailed it with their war matching system. Fair and balanced. I’m sure our opponents are excited for this round.

Comments

• Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    Xguard77 said:

Here's the thing - if they play solid, clear 100% of the map and managed diversity....yes, you're going to get smashed. You should assume though they are sitting in tier 13 because they have issues right now. Maybe poor diversity, players that don't bother to attack etc

Don't count your alliance out in this war...play to win!

Its the opposite. They are the big ally vs small one
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,648 Guardian
    edited January 2023

I'm guessing because y'all are fighting in tier13 probably not many gold alliances are in that tier

That's not how AW matchmaking works (or even BG, technically, either).

For AW, you are NOT matched against a similar Gold/Silver Ranking team.
    Firstly, because those rankings are for PREVIOUS season.
    And even after a week of AW where you do start to see your current Ranking, that's not taken into account.
    As said, it is about WAR RATING (the 1400’ish number both teams above are)

(side note about BG, yes, the CURRENT season's Silver/Gold/Platinum/etc current progression is used to match similar, but it DOESN'T match based on where you ended up LAST season).

Back to AW, and above case. Well, if your 80m (14,000 prestige) Ally is lingering way down in 1400’ish WAR RATING, then yes, anyone else who is down in 1400’ish WR will be matched against you, and most of them will be much lower strength ally's.

Or if a relatively new alliance (as your's might be), you have to work your way up thru the (American baseball) A, AA, AAA minor leagues before earning your way into the big leagues, and those minor league teams you face will hopefully just have to face you one time as you work your way up. (or EPL terms, start out at the semi-pro leagues and work your way up to higher League, like recent Wrexham Football Club, aka Deadpool's Team, tried to do in their TV Series season).
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    That's horrible. I feel bad for them. Lol.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Low gold is where you'll find a lot of beached whale alliances that don't put much effort into war due to burnout or skill issues. I'd recommend focusing on other parts of the game that will help build your roster without locking down your champs since you can progress really fast if you focus on story content.
  • Options
    GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    It was good matchup. I’m sure both sides had fun. Coming down to the final few fights.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Ouch lol
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★
    I think this is the first time someone came to the alliance and complained, not negatively, about unfair matches.

OPs alliance was literally handed a win on a plate. A bye week without it really being a bye week.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,153 ★★★★
    Dude same thing happening rn love the free win

• Options
    wardog_69wardog_69 Posts: 7
    kabam has made war miserable and is making alot of players quit