**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nameless Thanos

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
edited January 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Hi all, so I did my first run and combined it with mutant brotherhood Carina..

The lane wasn't too bad, but the mad Titan schooled me.

So, for the second phase, is there anyone who can heavy counter him? I got through it, by backing up against the left wall, waiting for him to do his first heavy move, dodging, then heavy counter before his second strike.

Is there a better method?

Also, his last phase, he really does LOVE to intercept your intercept and alternate with the weird jerky walk towards you, interspersed with light attacks. Horrible AI. That aside, do normal armour breaks also remove his indestructible, so you can bypass intercepting?

one run down...

Just interested in better strategies for following runs!
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    For the challenger with the spiderman I advise you spiderman 2099 against the thanos otherwise I invite you to go see for example the karatemike chain YouTube to find out who does the most damage on the thanos
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    No 2099, even as a 5* and while I'll hopefully pull him, that's only 1 Carina challenge 😉

Watched Mike's videos before my run, he doesn't have champ suggestions for Thanos bar 2099, hence coming here!
  • You don't really need to heavy counter him second phase since you only have reverse controls that phase. Unless you mean the first phase with the thorns in which you can always just hit him with a special attack and you gain power by hitting his block.

For the final phase I recommend light intercepts since they're safer to do because he can't intercept you if you throw a light attack.
  • No 2099, even as a 5* and while I'll hopefully pull him, that's only 1 Carina challenge 😉

Watched Mike's videos before my run, he doesn't have champ suggestions for Thanos bar 2099, hence coming here!

For apiderverse I strongly recommend peni parker due to her insane incinerate damage. My r4 peni would get thanos down a phase in 2 sp2 rotations.
    Pikolu said:

You don't really need to heavy counter him second phase since you only have reverse controls that phase. Unless you mean the first phase with the thorns in which you can always just hit him with a special attack and you gain power by hitting his block.

For the final phase I recommend light intercepts since they're safer to do because he can't intercept you if you throw a light attack.

Yeah, the thorns phase; thought it was the second as the first is the free hit 95%?

Anyway, can't say enough how useful this is as I did not know that hitting his block gives you power!! Feel completely daft... 🫣

(And light intercepts... I need to practice, I've seen swedeah do them but that always appears beyond me, need to change finger memory!!)
  • Pikolu said:

You don't really need to heavy counter him second phase since you only have reverse controls that phase. Unless you mean the first phase with the thorns in which you can always just hit him with a special attack and you gain power by hitting his block.

Yeah, the thorns phase; thought it was the second as the first is the free hit 95%?

Anyway, can't say enough how useful this is as I did not know that hitting his block gives you power!! Feel completely daft... 🫣

(And light intercepts... I need to practice, I've seen swedeah do them but that always appears beyond me, need to change finger memory!!)
    Yeah I call his first 5% phase 0 since it really isn't a phase.

Light intercepts will help a lot, I found them especially useful after thanos sp3 since an intercept will remove the unstoppable buff, so it is a mostly safe way to try and intercept him. Takes a lot of practice and getting used to.
    Thank you 😊 he's just horrendously expensive to get to, to practice against!

Somewhat unrelated, og switch was awesome against kraven for me. Took her to r3 after your post @Pikolu