How To Ramp Up Black Bolt

FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,919 ★★★★
edited February 2023 in Strategy and Tips
I heard his damage is insane, and YT videos show it as well. However, my Black Bolt can't achieve the same results. Someone help me please :blush:
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    He needs certain synergys
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,351 Guardian
    edited February 2023
    He needs the Medusa synergy and high sig, then you hope RNG gives you your buffs more than once every 10 crits.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    put him on trophy rack , many better options are here .
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,919 ★★★★

Hullo frequent BB user here

There are a couple components, the two that are most important are:
    1) Sig Ability: mans NEEDS to be duped and ideally with a good amount of sig. higher the sig level = stronger the buffs

2) Medusa synergy: never take BB anywhere without Medusa (but she’s great so why not take her everywhere anyway). Medusa makes Black Bolts buffs permanent, and he will be able to stack 15 of each Offensively (if you get hit, you can stack more)

You can accomplish a lot with just Medusa synergy, however his ramp will be slower and more RNG reliant. Often he is paired with his third most important part,
    3) Hit Monkey synergy: this will increase his crit rate per buff. This increases the speed of his ramp up, as his crit rate increases so will his chances of gaining more buffs, and also makes him a crit powerhouse. He basically will have guaranteed crits once you get things rolling.

Here’s an example of this trio in action: https://youtu.be/rWmVDup9L-k

That’s the intersection of practicality and power for him, IMO. You can add more fun things, but it becomes less practical the more team slots you take up.

Additional fun things you can do but that you don’t have to do:
    Add Ikaris: this gives BB a chance to gain Energize after using a special

Add Quicksilver: this gives BB longer stun duration and guaranteed crits when stunned. You can actually use QS as an alternative for Hit Monkey (for example in V7(?) (the class restricted one, you can only bring science and cosmic in chapter 3, so I used Medusa, BB and QS instead). The G Crits help his ramp.

Here’s an example of BB kicking the snot out of WS in 30 sec with that full team, for funsies: https://youtu.be/S3VXRWHahkg

I actually use my Black Bolt as my main auto farmer of WS potions (he gets buffs when being hit, and then just gets so strong he beats up WS right back, it’s great)

Hopefully that helps, let me know if you have any more questions 🫡 this was a lot of words for a subject that is really not that complicated at all.

Thanks so much for the advice! Also, you're channel is great. Subscribed!
  • Cat_MurdockCat_Murdock Member, Content Creators Posts: 1,018 Content Creator

Hullo frequent BB user here

There are a couple components, the two that are most important are:
    1) Sig Ability: mans NEEDS to be duped and ideally with a good amount of sig. higher the sig level = stronger the buffs

2) Medusa synergy: never take BB anywhere without Medusa (but she’s great so why not take her everywhere anyway). Medusa makes Black Bolts buffs permanent, and he will be able to stack 15 of each Offensively (if you get hit, you can stack more)

You can accomplish a lot with just Medusa synergy, however his ramp will be slower and more RNG reliant. Often he is paired with his third most important part,
    3) Hit Monkey synergy: this will increase his crit rate per buff. This increases the speed of his ramp up, as his crit rate increases so will his chances of gaining more buffs, and also makes him a crit powerhouse. He basically will have guaranteed crits once you get things rolling.

Here’s an example of this trio in action: https://youtu.be/rWmVDup9L-k

That’s the intersection of practicality and power for him, IMO. You can add more fun things, but it becomes less practical the more team slots you take up.

Additional fun things you can do but that you don’t have to do:
    Add Ikaris: this gives BB a chance to gain Energize after using a special

Add Quicksilver: this gives BB longer stun duration and guaranteed crits when stunned. You can actually use QS as an alternative for Hit Monkey (for example in V7(?) (the class restricted one, you can only bring science and cosmic in chapter 3, so I used Medusa, BB and QS instead). The G Crits help his ramp.

Here’s an example of BB kicking the snot out of WS in 30 sec with that full team, for funsies: https://youtu.be/S3VXRWHahkg

I actually use my Black Bolt as my main auto farmer of WS potions (he gets buffs when being hit, and then just gets so strong he beats up WS right back, it’s great)

Hopefully that helps, let me know if you have any more questions 🫡 this was a lot of words for a subject that is really not that complicated at all.

Thanks so much for the advice! Also, you're channel is great. Subscribed!
    Always happy to spread the Black Bolt gospel 😁