**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Absorbing Man #metal?

ValmezValmez Posts: 74
edited February 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Hi everyone,

So with Absorbing Man out in featured, a lot of players are getting him and ranking up and using on defence in Battlegrounds.

I am struggling to get him down since my science roster isn't good and I don't have champ like iBom, Scorpion or something.

I need help to find counter to stop the regen somehow? I wanted to know if Absorbing Man is metal, so Magento with his magnetism can stop it?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    He is not so that won't work
  • Options
    He is not #metal
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★
    Skill issue, just heavy counter his sp1 and he'll be off the form for the duration of an average BG match
  • Options
    Ravens20Ravens20 Posts: 77
    AA beats him easy all you need to do is Heavy counter or sp1 heavy that will knock him out of form and now you're able to bleed and poison him fight is over from there
  • Options
    johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 166
    absorbing man not #metal
    amazing takedown mags might be #mod

but wouldn’t it be something though if absorbing man and rogue could copy/steal hashtags…
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    edited February 2023
    Use Torch, Scorpion, IAbom, or Void to easily counter. Seems like any non-bleed debuff champion with despair should work (e.g. Sunspot). Hell, if you don’t have even one of these champs in your deck, then I guess you’d better think about auto-banning until you pull one.

UPDATE: Overseer and Yellowjacket seem to work perfectly fine as well. The list of viable counters is probably much larger than you think if you just try out some common sense possibilities.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    Mr Fantastic is a solid counter, too.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm keen to try get that same effort as the fine upstanding MCOC citizen was able to do above.

Will try some of the suggestions above about heavy counter the Sp1 and then Magneto can bleed him to death. I'll try aim to do it in 31 seconds.
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 201 ★★
    edited February 2023
    Valmez said:

Wong_99 said:

He’s not metal and you could’ve found that out in about 2 seconds if you looked in game

I did look in game and didn't see a #metal tag against him. But I came across this awesome take down of Absorbing Man, something I haven't been able to do at all.

So then I thought maybe he is metal but not tagged as such in game?
    It' just curious, I faced someone from that alliance (not the same person) and it was the same. Mod alliance maybe?

• Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Garlo said:

Valmez said:

Wong_99 said:

He’s not metal and you could’ve found that out in about 2 seconds if you looked in game

I did look in game and didn't see a #metal tag against him. But I came across this awesome take down of Absorbing Man, something I haven't been able to do at all.

So then I thought maybe he is metal but not tagged as such in game?
    It' just curious, I faced someone from that alliance (not the same person) and it was the same. Mod alliance maybe?

No way that fight is legit. Mags probably can't even get to an SP2 in 21 seconds plus Abs Man is immune to Armour Break anyway so no chance for the big Special. Even says that the majority of damage was Basic Attacks which we all know is not how Mags gets anyone down.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes.
  • Options
    shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    Most likely mod. Highly doubt Magneto is able to do 47k worth of basics in 21 s