Unable to gift alliance mate

World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
edited February 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Using both iPad Air and iPhone 12 and have not been able to gift to my alliance mate for days.

Anyone having a problem ??

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,352 Guardian
    Not sure why you blacked out their name only on the Pop-up error box.
    Their name is still shown right above in the underlying email where they had initially sent you a gift (so assuming you are trying to send one back to that person).

Did that person happen to change their game name after sending gift to you ?
    So maybe game can’t find the player name anymore from the automatic selecting of that person to gift by fact you are doing it from within the original gift to you ?

Try gifting them directly from your Alliance Roster list (or Friends list).

Or else if they maybe got banned (??) since then, Kabam might have filter in place to prevent gifting to people who are banned ?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Just tried and couldn’t gift from the alliance page either. Tried on my mini account too and same problem. Person didn’t change their name although he’s pretty much done with the game due to various bugs and problems & this certainly didn’t help.

Thanks for trying to help ; I guess Kabam mods can’t be bothered.
    Your ally list does show them as not on in past 5 days, and does seem to be a relatively low but TB account.

So 2nd theory might hold (?)
    Also keep in mind if you gift someone who doesn’t login for some days afterwards to receive the mail and claim it, might lose it.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    I’d write to support but that’s a useless endeavor.. similar to reporting bugs here.
    If you can gift other people, and as you said that particular person is pretty much done with the game anyways, easier just to gift other active people in your alliance instead, and not worry about it.