**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Complete buff designs for classic champions

13»

Comments

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

@Magrailothos , any advice on how to make a good rework for a champion? Been trying to creatively rework Kamala Khan for quite a while now, but can't seem to come up with a rework that keeps continuity with the comics. Any response will be helpful!

The main thing is just to try to be objective with your designs. It's easy to make beyond GOD TIER kits when they're your favorites, but most people focus on building it from the perspective of you, and only you are using them on offense. Remember that at some point you'll be facing off against them.

Also try to recognize whether someone needs a full rework or just an update/ tune up.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★

@Magrailothos , any advice on how to make a good rework for a champion? Been trying to creatively rework Kamala Khan for quite a while now, but can't seem to come up with a rework that keeps continuity with the comics. Any response will be helpful!

Thanks for asking, Frost Giant Lord!

I mean in this thread I've set a very specific goal of simplicity. There's no reason you have to do the same, btw. You can go complicated!

Also, like Shadowstrike says, try not to give them every ability, unless you want a nightmare on defense.

First, it's a matter of asking a few questions - 'what type of champion is this?' 'where do I want to use this champion? What do I want them to be able to deal with?'

So making a design for Classic Captain America, I thought 'defensive, really good at blocking...I want him to be able to deal with Unblockable... Hey, how about that really annoying node where they go permanently Unblockable (Aspect of War)...

In your case, what type of champion should Kamala primarily be? Offensive/Defensive/Utility? I would guess Defensive +/- Utility (and you've mentioned Evade already). Although of course, you want to get access to some decent damage somewhere.

Where do you want to use her? Questing/Incursions/BGs?
    (If BGs, you want to think about either burst offensive abilities, or frustrating defenders, don't you? In questing/incursions you could look to some kind of ramp-up design; and speed isn't such an issue...

What do you want her to deal with, or to be able to achieve?
    Poison immunity is a good start - should she have something else, like Energy Resistance? Some kind of counter for Nullify? An ability against Robots/Tech/whatever?
    If we want to stick with evade (which does sound like something that suits her, like Mr Fantastic), it's primarily a defensive ability, but it can also be used to generate attacking openings; if there's a built-in counter-attack like Elsa, Kate Bishop, or Wasp.
    Or Evading/Dodging could be used to generate some kind of charge, like Stark-Enhanced Spider-Man. Then you can have the charges do whatever you want - increased Damage, prevent Miss, counter Unblockable, stuff like that.

• Options
    Rogue

Just a small tune-up necessary for Rogue; to help maintain her stolen buffs, and enhance her damage. She's also going to be even more resilient and adaptable, with Energy and Physical Resistance to reflect her canonic tankiness in the comics, whilst she was wielding the powers of Captain Marvel.

Attack 2437
    Health 29264

Passive
    • Rogue's unusual blend of Mutant, Cosmic and Kree physiologies reduces the duration of all debuffs by 70%
    • Physical Resistance +1620
    • Energy Resistance +1620
    • For each buff she has active, Rogue gains +146 Attack, and +97 Physical and Energy Resistance.
    Buff Steal
    - Using her Special Attacks, Rogue can steal (rather than previously copying) buffs from opponents. This ability does not work against opponents from the Tech class or #Robots.
    - When stealing buffs, Rogue can replicate the following buffs:
    • Fury, Precision, Cruelty, Regeneration, Prowess, Energise, Power Gain, Armour Up, Aptitude, Physical Resistance, Energy Resistance, Invulnerable, Unstoppable and Unblockable.
    - If Rogue steals buffs that she is unable to Replicate, she instead generates a Fury buff which behaves like a Stolen buff, and grants +609 Attack. Max stacks five.
    - Whilst buffs are held by Rogue, the opponent cannot activate them unless they are a #God or #Elder.
    - Stolen Buffs last 3s, but (unless otherwise stated) are refreshed when striking the opponent.
    • Invulnerable, Unstoppable and Unblockable buffs cannot be refreshed.
    Signature:
    The duration of stolen buffs is increased by 30-60%
    Life Steal and Power Steal effects have a 30-60% chance to have their Potency multiplied by Rogue's Critical Damage Modifier.

Special Attacks
    Life Steal and Power Steal abilities do not function against #Robot opponents.
    SP1: Life Steal: The second hit of this attack deals 1705 Energy damage, healing Rogue the same amount of Health.
    Rogue steals up to five of the opponents buffs.
    SP2: Power Steal 9% of opponent's Max power on each hit.
    Whenever Rogue gains Power from this ability, 100% chance to also inflict a weakness passive, -15% Attack for seven seconds. Max stacks five.
    SP3: Power Steal 27% of Max Power, and Steal up to five of the opponents buffs. If they have no buffs currently active, Replicate one of each individual buff previously stolen by Rogue during this fight (max five).
    If Rogue gains Power from this ability, 100% chance to also inflict a Weakness passive, causing -35% Attack for 11 seconds.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★

Rogue

Just a small tune-up necessary for Rogue; to help maintain her stolen buffs, and enhance her damage. She's also going to be even more resilient and adaptable, with Energy and Physical Resistance to reflect her canonic tankiness in the comics, whilst she was wielding the powers of Captain Marvel.

Attack 2437
    Health 29264

Passive

• Rogue's unusual blend of Mutant, Cosmic and Kree physiologies reduces the duration of all debuffs by 70%
    • Physical Resistance +1620
    • Energy Resistance +1620
    • For each buff she has active, Rogue gains +146 Attack, and +97 Physical and Energy Resistance.
    Buff Steal
    - Using her Special Attacks, Rogue can steal (rather than previously copying) buffs from opponents. This ability does not work against opponents from the Tech class or #Robots.
    - When stealing buffs, Rogue can replicate the following buffs:
    • Fury, Precision, Cruelty, Regeneration, Prowess, Energise, Power Gain, Armour Up, Aptitude, Physical Resistance, Energy Resistance, Invulnerable, Unstoppable and Unblockable.
    - If Rogue steals buffs that she is unable to Replicate, she instead generates a Fury buff which behaves like a Stolen buff, and grants +609 Attack. Max stacks five.
    - Whilst buffs are held by Rogue, the opponent cannot activate them unless they are a #God or #Elder.
    - Stolen Buffs last 3s, but (unless otherwise stated) are refreshed when striking the opponent.
    • Invulnerable, Unstoppable and Unblockable buffs cannot be refreshed.
    Signature:
    The duration of stolen buffs is increased by 30-60%
    Life Steal and Power Steal effects have a 30-60% chance to have their Potency multiplied by Rogue's Critical Damage Modifier.

Special Attacks
    Life Steal and Power Steal abilities do not function against #Robot opponents.
    SP1: Life Steal: The second hit of this attack deals 1705 Energy damage, healing Rogue the same amount of Health.
    Rogue steals up to five of the opponents buffs.
    SP2: Power Steal 9% of opponent's Max power on each hit.
    Whenever Rogue gains Power from this ability, 100% chance to also inflict a weakness passive, -15% Attack for seven seconds. Max stacks five.
    SP3: Power Steal 27% of Max Power, and Steal up to five of the opponents buffs. If they have no buffs currently active, Replicate one of each individual buff previously stolen by Rogue during this fight (max five).
    If Rogue gains Power from this ability, 100% chance to also inflict a Weakness passive, causing -35% Attack for 11 seconds.
    Or just move the absorbing Man synergy into her base kit
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Hey dude
    Been loving your buff ideas!
    I like doing these too, but I suck on the formatting here.
    How do you do these little lists on the text??
  • Options
    Hello. I may be new and love the rework ideas but I can i ask, when will these Ideas be updated into the champions in the app directly?
    Also, is there a possible way to amek Black panther civil war better and release news confirming a Buff update on him maybe?
  • Options
    I mainly want to know if there is a potential buff news which involves Black Panther civil war before the end of the year
  • Options

Hello. I may be new and love the rework ideas but I can i ask, when will these Ideas be updated into the champions in the app directly?
    Also, is there a possible way to amek Black panther civil war better and release news confirming a Buff update on him maybe?

I don't think they are coming unless Kabam says so
  • Options
    Thi101 said:

Hey dude
    Been loving your buff ideas!
    I like doing these too, but I suck on the formatting here.
    How do you do these little lists on the text??

The lists, colours, etc come using Basic HTML code. It's quite quick once you've practiced a bit.

A guide to writing it: https://www.impactplus.com/blog/21-basic-html-codes-everyone-whos-not-a-developer-should-know

I usually write my reworks in Word or Notepad, then cut/paste them for formatting on this site: http://www.csgnetwork.com/htmlcodetest.html

Note that this forum is designed for text; so it will automatically take note of spaces and new lines. The testing site I've recommended above won't, so you'll see a block of text. Apart from that it's a good representation of what your post will look like.

Glad you're looking the buffs - it's nice to get some feedback.
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

The lists, colours, etc come using Basic HTML code. It's quite quick once you've practiced a bit.

A guide to writing it: https://www.impactplus.com/blog/21-basic-html-codes-everyone-whos-not-a-developer-should-know

I usually write my reworks in Word or Notepad, then cut/paste them for formatting on this site: http://www.csgnetwork.com/htmlcodetest.html

Note that this forum is designed for text; so it will automatically take note of spaces and new lines. The testing site I've recommended above won't, so you'll see a block of text. Apart from that it's a good representation of what your post will look like.

Thanks for the info!
    And yeah, the feedback is pretty nice
    I wish I could get some on my new champion ideas, but they all get lost in the character wishlist thread

Anyway, thanks again! i’ll test it out
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Thi101 said:

Thanks for the info!
    And yeah, the feedback is pretty nice
    I wish I could get some on my new champion ideas, but they all get lost in the character wishlist thread

Anyway, thanks again! i’ll test it out
    The Wishlist thread is meant to be just a 'bring xxxx into the game' thread.

A place you can share redesigns would be here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2365410/#Comment_2365410
  • Options
    Electro

Details for 5/65 5*

Health: 24548
    Attack: 2182
    Critical Rate: 822
    Critical damage: 912
    Block proficiency: 3324
    Physical Resistance: -240

Metal Opponents
    Against #Metal opponents, Electro's Shock Damage and his Ability Accuracy all increase by 20%.

Passive - Static shock:
    • When struck by a contact attack, Electro inflicts a burst of Shock damage equal to 25% of the damage that was inflicted
    • When he successfully blocks a contact attack, Electro inflicts a burst of Shock damage equal to 35% of the damage that was prevented by blocking
    • This rises to 55% of the damage prevented on a well-timed block.
    Passive - Shock Inversion:
    Electro absorbs the energy of Shock attacks for his own gain:
    • Any Shock damage Electro would suffer is halved and then inverted (i.e. if he would have suffered 1000 damage/tick, he instead heals 500 health/tick. This effect is applied after any other modifiers
    • Additionally, whilst affected by a Shock effect and for 0.2s after it expires, Electro gains +545 Attack, and is immune to Stun
    Passive - Poison vulnerability:
    If he is under the effects of a Poison debuff, then all of Electro's shock abilities suffer from -40% Ability Accuracy, and any shock damage resulting from his abilities is reduced in intensity by 20%.

Heavy Attacks:
    Change the animation to copy Magneto's Heavy Attack now inflicts Energy damage, doesn't make contact with the opponent, and has +550 Critical Rating.

Critical Hits:
    Electro can't land Critical Hits naturally, however every time he would have landed a Critical Hit, he deals an equivalent burst of Shock Damage (=Guardian's ability). This ability scales with Critical Damage Rating, as well as with any effect/ability that enhances his Shock damage.

Signature:
    Whenever Electro would strike with a critical hit, he has a 75% chance to inflict a Shock debuff causing 2182 damage over four seconds.
    Additionally, his Static Shock damage is increased by 30%.

Special Attacks
    Special Attacks (except SP3) gain +1200 Critical Rating and Critical Damage Rating if the opponent is Shocked or Electrified (see below).
    • SP1 - 70% chance to inflict a Shock debuff for 3274 Damage over four seconds. Opponents who are shocked have a further 70% chance to be stunned for 2.2 seconds.
    • SP2 - 80% chance to inflict an Electrified* debuff for 8 seconds. This debuff inflicts 5364 Shock damage, and opponents who are Electrified have a further 70% chance to be stunned for 2.6 seconds.
      Whilst the opponent is Electrified, their reflects are impaired, so they are unable to trigger Evade or Autoblock. Additionally, on contact, the victim inflicts a burst of 218.2 Shock damage on their attacker Electrified does not stack but is paused for 0.25 seconds any time the victim receives any other form of Shock damage.
    • SP3 - Inflict Electrified* debuff for 12 seconds, inflicting 8046 Shock damage (other effects are as above).

*Electrified is a modified Shock effect; and so the damage and duration of Electrified are affected by any abilities/nodes that would affect Shock debuffs/damage. Immunity to Shock effects also provides immunity to Electrified.
    Synergies:
    "Electrical Enemy" with Spiderman (OG, Symbiote)
    • Electro's debuffs gain +25% duration
    • Original/Symbiote Spiderman: On well-timed blocks, Spidey evades and counter-attacks with half the usual force of a Light attack. Cooldown eight seconds.

"Sinister Soldiers" with Rhino/Vulture
    • Electro: Electro gains +500 Block Proficiency, and 5% Perfect Block
    • Rhino: When stunned, Rhino has an 80% chance to shrug off the stun, become Unstoppable for 0.8 seconds, and trigger his Fury ability
    • Vulture starts the match with a Decoy buff active. Decoy buffs do not activate when blocking, and have a 25% chance to reapply when triggered

"Sinister Minds" with Dr Octopus/Green Goblin/Mysterio
    • Electro's Shock and Electrified debuffs are passive effects instead
    • When a breakthrough expires, Dr Octopus keeps research categories at 50; also, his tentacle attacks reduce passive shock damage caused when striking the opponent by 100%
    • Green Goblin - Whenever his opponent triggers a passive Evade, Goblin has an 80% chance to trigger a passive Fury granting +45% Attack for eight seconds.
    • Mysterio - If a poison fails to apply for to an immunity, subsequent Heavy attacks inflict Degeneration debuffs instead, causing 60% of the damage Poison would have caused
  • Options
    Abomination

In the comics, Abomination is hugely strong and hits hard, but doesn't have the never-ending Rage powers of Hulk. He's also supposed to have radiation powers something like Immortal Abomination/Omega Red, so I've tried to design a proximity-based ability for Abomination that weakens and damages his opponents, and should synergise really well with the Despair/Inequity Masteries. His main other ability is Aggression; which increases his attack and the two abilities combine to enable a decent burst damage payoff on his SP2.
    I'd like to give Abomination and all other gamma-powered champions* a shared hashtag, #Gamma to facilitate shared abilities/vulnerabilities, or future Thronebreaker EQ nodes.

*All the Hulks, Abominations, and Sasquatch

Stats for a 5/65 champion, as usual

Health 33837
    Attack 2617

Passive

+1050 Physical Resistance
    Poison Immunity
    When fighting opponents with the #Gamma attribute, Abomination gains +150 Critical Rating and +350 Critical damage Modifier

Aggression
    Abomination gains an Aggression charge when he hits the opponent with critical hits or activates Special Attacks. He can have a maximum of 12 Aggression.
    When he has more than one Aggression and is inflicted with a Stun, Concussion or Disorient debuff, Abomination has a 100% chance to Purify it at a cost of 2 Aggression.
    Each charge of Aggression grants the following benefits:
    • +209 Attack
    • +100 Critical Damage Modifier
    • +2.5% Power Efficiency
    Radioactive aura
    Opponents standing near to Abomination are passively inflicted with Radiation debuffs at a rate of 1 per 0.75 seconds, to a maximum of ten. Champions who are immune to Poison or are #Gamma are immune to radiation.
    When fighting Red Hulk, whilst near Abomination, he gains 1 Heat charge every 2 seconds.

Radiation debuffs last 1.25 seconds, but expire one at a time, and are paused whilst near Abomination. For each Radiation debuff, the opponent suffers 88 damage per second, their Attack is reduced by 2.5%, and their Regeneration rate is reduced by 7.5%.

Radiation damage is based on Abomination's Attack at the start of the fight; and does not increase with Aggression.

Special Attacks
    Gain one Aggression charge per bar of Power spent.
    • SP1: 65% chance to stun the opponent for 1.5s.
      100% chance to Inflict a Mangled debuff for six seconds, +1s per Aggression. When attacking a Mangled opponent, Abomination gains 650 Critical Rating, Armour Penetration and Block Penetration.
    • SP2: The first blow of this attack inflicts Armour Break (-1300 Armour for nine seconds).
      If the opponent has one or more radiation debuffs, the final hit triggers a burst of radiation damage. For each radiation debuff on the opponent, the final hit inflicts a burst of 2172 Poison damage, increased by 10% per Aggression charge. If a radiation burst is triggered, remove all Aggression charges at the end of the attack.
    • SP3: Abomination triggers a passive Fury effect, increasing his Attack by +3140 for 10 seconds, plus 0.5s per Aggression charge. Whilst this Fury is active, inflict Radiation debuffs 50% faster and the stack limit rises to 15.
    Signature Ability - Gamma decay
    Damage from Radiation debuffs and Radiation bursts (on SP2) is increased by 20-80%.
    Additionally, Abomination starts the fight with 1-3 Aggression charges.

Synergies
    Gamma Brawlers
    Hulk (Classic) - When entering Hulk Rage, passively go Unstoppable for 2s. If Hulk gains Unstoppable from his Signature ability, passively gain Unblockable for 2s instead.
    Abomination - When Abomination has ten or more Aggression charges, Special Attacks are Unblockable.

The death of me
    Red Hulk - SP3 Incinerate gains +33% Potency, and on SP2, inflict an Incinerate with half this potency.
    Immortal Abomination - Once per fight, on reaching 15% health, Purify all self-inflicted Poison debuffs, recovering 5% of lost health per debuff removed.
    Abomination - Once per fight, on reaching 15% health, gain a Regeneration buff recovering 10% of lost health.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Abomination

In the comics, Abomination is hugely strong and hits hard, but doesn't have the never-ending Rage powers of Hulk. He's also supposed to have radiation powers something like Immortal Abomination/Omega Red, so I've tried to design a proximity-based ability for Abomination that weakens and damages his opponents, and should synergise really well with the Despair/Inequity Masteries. His main other ability is Aggression; which increases his attack and the two abilities combine to enable a decent burst damage payoff on his SP2.
    I'd like to give Abomination and all other gamma-powered champions* a shared hashtag, #Gamma to facilitate shared abilities/vulnerabilities, or future Thronebreaker EQ nodes.

Health 33837
    Attack 2617

Passive

Poison Immunity
    When fighting opponents with the #Gamma attribute, Abomination gains +150 Critical Rating and +350 Critical damage Modifier

Aggression
    Abomination gains an Aggression charge when he hits the opponent with critical hits or activates Special Attacks. He can have a maximum of 12 Aggression.
    When he has more than one Aggression and is inflicted with a Stun, Concussion or Disorient debuff, Abomination has a 100% chance to Purify it at a cost of 2 Aggression.

• +209 Attack
    • +2.5% Power Efficiency
    Radioactive aura
    Opponents standing near to Abomination are passively inflicted with Radiation debuffs at a rate of 1 per 0.75 seconds, to a maximum of ten. Champions who are immune to Poison or are #Gamma are immune to radiation.
    When fighting Red Hulk, whilst near Abomination, he gains 1 Heat charge every 2 seconds.

Radiation debuffs last 1.25 seconds, but expire one at a time, and are paused whilst near Abomination. For each Radiation debuff, the opponent suffers 88 damage per second, their Attack is reduced by 2.5%, and their Regeneration rate is reduced by 7.5%.

Radiation damage is based on Abomination's Attack at the start of the fight; and does not increase with Aggression.

Special Attacks
      100% chance to Inflict a Mangled debuff for six seconds, +1s per Aggression. When attacking a Mangled opponent, Abomination gains 650 Critical Rating, Armour Penetration and Block Penetration.
    • SP2: The first blow of this attack inflicts Armour Break (-1300 Armour for nine seconds).
      If the opponent has one or more radiation debuffs, the final hit triggers a burst of radiation damage. For each radiation debuff on the opponent, the final hit inflicts a burst of 2172 Poison damage, increased by 10% per Aggression charge. If a radiation burst is triggered, remove all Aggression charges at the end of the attack.
    • SP3: Abomination triggers a passive Fury effect, increasing his Attack by +3140 for 10 seconds, plus 0.5s per Aggression charge. Whilst this Fury is active, inflict Radiation debuffs 50% faster and the stack limit rises to 15.
    Damage from Radiation debuffs and Radiation bursts (on SP2) is increased by 20-80%.

Synergies
    Gamma Brawlers
    Hulk (Classic) - When entering Hulk Rage, passively go Unstoppable for 2s. If Hulk gains Unstoppable from his Signature ability, passively gain Unblockable for 2s instead.
    Abomination - When Abomination has ten or more Aggression charges, Special Attacks are Unblockable.

The death of me
    Red Hulk - SP3 Incinerate gains +33% Potency, and on SP2, inflict an Incinerate with half this potency.
    Immortal Abomination - Once per fight, on reaching 15% health, Purify all self-inflicted Poison debuffs, recovering 5% of lost health per debuff removed.
    Abomination - Once per fight, on reaching 15% health, gain a Regeneration buff recovering 10% of lost health.
    Abom is great if you have Red Guardian.

However it would be great if he was usable on his own. Same with Cable. Two mediocre characters if they don’t have their synergies. By the way, it looks like you’re trying to turn him into Science Omega Red
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Abomination

Health 33837
    Attack 2617

Passive

Poison Immunity

Aggression

• +209 Attack
    • +2.5% Power Efficiency
    Radioactive aura

Special Attacks

Synergies
    Gamma Brawlers

The death of me
    Abom is great if you have Red Guardian.

However it would be great if he was usable on his own. Same with Cable. Two mediocre characters if they don’t have their synergies. By the way, it looks like you’re trying to turn him into Science Omega Red
    Yes.

That's kind of implicit in the blurb, where I said "He's also supposed to have radiation powers something like Immortal Abomination/Omega Red, so I've tried to design a proximity-based ability for Abomination".

• Options
    Luke Cage

Just a few tweaks to Luke's kit, to enhance his utility and his physical resilience. One of his current drawbacks is that he requires a really aggressive playstyle to keep up his debuffs, which he needs for his damage. I've therefore given him a She-Hulk-style provocation ability to help him take control of the fight, and maintain an aggressive tempo. He should feel all about beating the opponent into submission, and keeping them there.

Shout-out to Dr_Zola as a long-term advocate for Luke. Hopefully he'll approve.

Attack 2324
    Health 33227

Passive

Physical Resistance +2150

Critical Resistance +650

Luke's impenetrable skin grants Immunity to Bleed

Luke gains +1045.8 Attack for each debuff on the opponent.

Additionally, each debuff on Luke's opponent increases the chance they will throw a Special Attack by 12%, in an attempt to escape his relentless attacks.

Basic Attacks
    Luke has a 30% chance to Inflict Exhaustion on all basic Attacks. This gains +30% chance (flat) on critical hits
    Exhaustion debuffs last ten seconds: they reduce Ability Power Gain by 25% and reduce Critical Damage Rating by 125.

Heavy Attacks
    Inflict a non-stacking Debilitate debuff for six seconds, increasing the duration of subsequent debuffs by 40%.

Class weakness/class advantage
    Luke's Personal debuffs gain +25% Potency against Mystic opponents, and suffer -25% Potency against Skill opponents.

Special Attacks
    Special Attacks gain +75 Critical Rating for each debuff on the opponent.
    SP1 - If this attack strikes the opponent, Pause all Exhaustion debuffs for four seconds. 60% chance to stun the opponent, plus flat +10% Stun chance per Exhaustion, to a maximum of three.
    SP2 - Each hit inflicts a Physical Vulnerability debuff (-450 Physical Resistance for ten seconds).
    On the final hit, any Exhaustion debuffs are converted to Concussion debuffs. Concussion debuffs reduce the opponents Ability Accuracy by 25% for 12 seconds.
    SP3 - Refresh any active Exhaustion debuffs, and inflict four Suppression debuffs, each reducing Combat Power by 20% for ten seconds.

Signature Ability
    Tough it out:
    SP1
    Luke's Physical Resistance is increased by an additional +1075.
    Additionally, when struck, Luke has a 100% chance to activate an Invulnerable passive lasting 3.7s. This passive can be refreshed after 25s.
  • Options

Luke Cage

Just a few tweaks to Luke's kit, to enhance his utility and his physical resilience. One of his current drawbacks is that he requires a really aggressive playstyle to keep up his debuffs, which he needs for his damage. I've therefore given him a She-Hulk-style provocation ability to help him take control of the fight, and maintain an aggressive tempo. He should feel all about beating the opponent into submission, and keeping them there.

Attack 2324
    Health 33227

Passive

Critical Resistance +650

Additionally, each debuff on Luke's opponent increases the chance they will throw a Special Attack by 12%, in an attempt to escape his relentless attacks.

Basic Attacks
    Luke has a 30% chance to Inflict Exhaustion on all basic Attacks. This gains +30% chance (flat) on critical hits
    Exhaustion debuffs last ten seconds: they reduce Ability Power Gain by 25% and reduce Critical Damage Rating by 125.

Heavy Attacks
    Inflict a non-stacking Debilitate debuff for six seconds, increasing the duration of subsequent debuffs by 40%.

Luke's Personal debuffs gain +25% Potency against Mystic opponents, and suffer -25% Potency against Skill opponents.

Special Attacks
    SP1 - If this attack strikes the opponent, Pause all Exhaustion debuffs for four seconds. 60% chance to stun the opponent, plus flat +10% Stun chance per Exhaustion, to a maximum of three.
    SP2 - Each hit inflicts a Physical Vulnerability debuff (-450 Physical Resistance for ten seconds).
    On the final hit, any Exhaustion debuffs are converted to Concussion debuffs. Concussion debuffs reduce the opponents Ability Accuracy by 25% for 12 seconds.
    SP3 - Refresh any active Exhaustion debuffs, and inflict four Suppression debuffs, each reducing Combat Power by 20% for ten seconds.

Signature Ability
    Tough it out:
    SP1
    Additionally, when struck, Luke has a 100% chance to activate an Invulnerable passive lasting 3.7s. This passive can be refreshed after 25s.

Luke doesn’t need many changes, just increase his chance of applying exhaustion.
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Luke Cage

Attack 2324
    Health 33227

Passive

Critical Resistance +650

Basic Attacks

Heavy Attacks

Special Attacks

Signature Ability
    Tough it out:
    SP1

Luke doesn’t need many changes, just increase his chance of applying exhaustion.
    @EdisonLaw
    Thanks for the feedback - that's one perspective.

For any future feedback, would it be possible for you not to quote my entire post, please?

As the original poster of the thread, I get a notification of every comment, and it just makes the thread avoidably longer and repetitive for anyone else.
  • Options

EdisonLaw said:

Luke Cage

Attack 2324
    Health 33227

Passive

Critical Resistance +650

Basic Attacks

Heavy Attacks

Special Attacks

Signature Ability
    Tough it out:
    SP1

@EdisonLaw
    Thanks for the feedback - that's one perspective.

For any future feedback, would it be possible for you not to quote my entire post, please?

As the original poster of the thread, I get a notification of every comment, and it just makes the thread avoidably longer and repetitive for anyone else.
    Ok, because I also receive notifications of every comment as well
  • Options
    Hello, Groot next?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Proxima Midnight

It's clear that Proxima will never be allowed to shine as she is. Damage caps simply mean she can never reach her potential. Also despite the fact she's cosmic; she was one of the first champions to use Prowess. Prowess has since become a hallmark feature of mutants, and is increasingly susceptible to interference from a number of Tech opponents; giving Proxima disadvantages against opponents she should dominate. So I thought maybe she needs a full-on redesign, and some different methods to bypass damage caps in long content...

Attack 2437
    Health 29264

(stats r 5* 5/65)

Always active
    Each buff on Proxima grants her +250 Critical Rating.

Proxima has 15% chance to Perfect Block. Her Block Proficiency cannot be passively reduced, although it is affected by debuffs such as Incinerate and Fragility.

Blocking
    Proxima reduces the opponent's Offensive Ability Accuracy by 200% whilst she is blocking.

Proxima can activate the Parry Mastery against non-contact attacks.

Well-timed Blocks have a 100% chance to generate a Bulwark buff, granting +750 Block Proficiency and +10% Perfect Block for six seconds.

Safeguard
    When Proxima reaches a combo multiplier of 25, she generates an indefinite Safeguard buff (max stacks three).
    Each Safeguard buff reduces the Damage from any single hit, or blocked hit, other than a Special-3 to a maximum of 5% health. Safeguard buffs are removed once triggered.

Missions from Thanos
    Proxima starts the fight with a mission from Thanos. Whenever Proxima Midnight completes an objective for one of her missions, she activates a True Insight buff lasting six seconds. Whilst she has a True Insight buff, her attacks cannot Miss or be Evaded.
    Missions 1-3 are assigned one at a time, in a random order. Mission four can be completed at any time.
    Mission One - Deflect their Attacks: Perform a well-timed block. Complete this objective five times.
    Mission Two- Punish their audacity: Intercept the opponent's Dash or strike an opponent who is recovering from a Special Attack. Complete this objective four times.
    Mission Three - Overwhelm their defences Knock the opponent down with a Heavy or Special Attack. Complete this objective six times.
    Mission Four - Extinguish all Hope: Reach a combo of 100.

When Proxima completes a mission, she gains a Thanos's Favour buff. These buffs are indefinite, and each grants Proxima +609 Attack, and +220 Armour Penetration.

Cumulative additional benefits of Thanos's Favour buffs are:
    • One or more buffs: Enhanced Specials - Special Attacks gain +25% Attack and cost 10% less Power for each Thanos's Favour buff.
    • Two or more buffs: Armour Break and Shock debuffs gain 25% Potency for each Thanos's Favour buff.
    • Three or more buffs: Proxima gains immunity to Power Drain, Power Burn, and Power Steal effects from non-Mystic opponents.
    • Four buffs: Proxima gains Immunity to Reverse Controls, and hits upon Unstoppable opponents affect them as though they were not Unstoppable.
    Special Attacks:

Special-1: The final hit of this attack inflicts a Shock debuff inflicting 1380 damage over five seconds. An additional stack of Shock is inflicted per 33 hits on her combo meter (max four stacks)

Special-2: Inflict Stun for 2 seconds.
    For each hit in Proxima's combo meter, this attack gains +15 Critical Damage Modifier and inflicts a burst of Energy damage equal to 2% of the damage inflicted. Max benefits at 100 hits.

Special-3: Inflict Stun for 5 seconds. 100% chance to Inflict one stack of Armour Break, plus an additional stack per 50 hits in her combo meter (max three stacks).
    Each stack of Armour Break removes an Armour Up buff and reduces the opponents Armour Rating by -2650 for ten seconds.

Signature ability:
    Proxima's True Insight and Bulwark buffs gain +60% duration.
    Additionally, when she completes the mission Extinguish All Hope, Proxima activates an indefinite True Insight buff, and an indefinite Fury buff which increases Attack by +2465.

Adjusted Synergies:
    Special Assistance (Adjusted synergy with Corvus) - Each Mission requires one fewer objective, except Extinguish All Hope which requires 25 fewer.

Control the Offensive: (Solo synergy with Cull Obsidian) - When her combo is below 50, Proxima gains an additional point in her combo meter with each successful hit.

Hopefully this Proxima would have a variety of ways of inflicting damage, to help her get around any damages caps. Note that the Fury from her Sig appears weaker, because I've moved some of the benefits into her Thanos's Favour buffs. Still, when you multiply up several stacks of Shock or Armour Break with increased Potency, add in enhanced base Attack rating and critical rating... In a single long fight, she just might give Aegon a run for his money. And they do still have that nice synergy to go on long quests together...
  • Options
    Somebody give this man a job at kabam please 🙏🏻 ^^
  • Options
    Idiots! No-one uses MODOK to Attack! You morons think I am just a defender - but I am designed for killing! You fools! Killing!

I'm not usually suggesting graphics changes, but I'd beg for one with MODOK: give him a visible icon to make his flux visible, which would make him much more useable on Attack. Also, let's replace his current rubbish Sig ability with one that boosts his Flux Potency and helps him keep champs with Passive Power Gain safely under wraps.

MODOK

Attack 2346
    Health 37343

All Attacks

MODOK cannot inflict critical hits on most basic attacks, but each seventh hit is a guaranteed Critical Hit.
    Any increase to MODOK's Critical Rating from nodes or Masteries is applied to his Critical Damage Modifier, instead.

Flux Passive
    MODOK's chair is powered by a Flux generator. Depending on his Flux level, MODOK gains up to the following benefits:
    • +80% Attack
    • +40% Special Damage
    • +1200 Block Proficiency
    • +1200 Critical Damage Modifier
    • +20% Ability Accuracy
    Pitiful Summoner - MODOK has added a Flux icon for you to see on Attack, helping your puny brain make the most of his incredible abilities!

Forcefield Passive
    MODOK starts the fight with a single Forcefield charge. When he would be struck, 100% chance to Autoblock, and consume the charge. This does not trigger Parry.
    When consumed, Forcefield charges recover after 7 seconds.
    Whilst he has a Forcefield charge, MODOK benefits from +650 Physical Resistance and +1800 Block Proficiency; and opponents striking MODOK's block have a 60% chance to be inflicted with a Blunted debuff for three seconds. Blunted debuffs remove a stack of Pierce when inflicted, and reduce the victim's Block and Armour penetration by 450. Whilst suffering from a Blunted debuff, opponents hitting into block suffer -60% Offensive Ability Accuracy.

Heavy Attacks
    Each hit has a 40% chance to inflict an Incinerate debuff causing 1407 damage over four seconds. Incinerate gains up to +40% Potency depending on Flux.

Special Attacks
    If the first hit of a Special Attack inflicts a critical hit, all subsequent hits will also be critical.
    SP1 - This attack cannot Miss, and grants no power to the opponent. On activation, MODOK reduces the opponents Health and Power gains for four seconds: up to 150% of what they would have gained, is lost instead.
    SP2 - Scything blade attacks each inflict Bleed, causing 3505 damage over seven seconds.
    Bleed duration increases by up to 100%, depending on Flux.
    SP3 - Inflict four stacks of Armour Break (-550 Armour for eight seconds), plus each of the following debuffs has a 75% chance to occur: Incinerate, Poison, Power Drain (33% Max Power), Enervate. All debuffs last eight seconds, and damaging debuffs each inflict 6436 damage.

Signature ability: Flux enhancements
    The potency of Flux is increased by up to 50%.
    Additionally, if his SP1 causes the opponent to lose Power, MODOK gains up to 100% of the Power lost.

• Options
    Here's a concept for a Darkhawk buff, which I already posted elsewhere. He'll get much more duration and utility out of his Modes with a bit of careful gameplay; plus he doesn't naturally proc any buffs, which can be handy. Although this tune-up will make him more annoying on defense, since I've enhanced both Shield mode and Stealth mode...

Darkhawk

Passive
    Immune to Bleed, Poison
    Darkhawk is immune to the Precision buff from Dexterity. When this immunity triggers, pause his current Mode for 1.5s.
    Wing attacks bypass all armour and physical resistance.

Combat modes
    Mode activation is unaffected by Ability Accuracy reduction.
    After the start of the fight, when Darkhawk enters any mode he passively regenerates 2804 health over the seconds. This does not occur if an existing mode is refreshed.

Prefight Ability
    Begin the match with a mode active, which starts with 50% the usual duration and does not trigger regeneration. If no mode is selected, default to Shield mode active.

Shield mode
    Lasts 12 seconds.
    Entering Shield mode removes up to two non-damaging debuffs
    Shield mode provides 1650 Physical and Energy resistance, and reduces Enemy Critical damage by 100%.

Stealth mode
    Lasts 20 seconds.
    Reduce the opponents defensive combat power by 70%
    Incoming basic attacks have a 45% chance to Miss.
    Passively reduce the opponents Evade and Autoblock chances by 60% unless they have Vigilance or True Sense.

Null mode
    Lasts 15 seconds.
    Gain +2459 Attack, and 30% Block Penetration.
    All basic attacks that hit the opponent inflict an Instant Shock for an additional 12% of the damage inflicted.

Special Attacks
    Advanced cybernetic targeting means that Special Attacks cannot Miss
    SP1: All hits inflict a burst of Energy damage equal to 80% of the damage caused.
    Additionally: In Shield mode, Stun for 3.5s; In Stealth mode, inflict Power Burn 20%; In Null mode, inflict a Shock debuff for 2459 damage over 4s
    SP2: Enter Stealth mode. This attack benefits from +3200 Critical Rating.
    SP3: Enter Null mode. Inflict Slow passive for 25 seconds.

Signature - Enhanced Combat Modes:
    Mode duration increases by 10-30%. Prefight modes last for 50% of the modified duration. Additionally:
    Shield mode: Gain 30-100% chance to Autoblock all Attacks. This triggers Parry.
    Stealth mode: Gain 30-60% increased offensive combat power.
    Null mode: Gain an additional 738-2460 Attack rating.
  • Options
    Venom the Duck is the closest thing to a meme in the 7* Pool. Minimal utility, useless in BGs, potentially okay in Incursions - he's pretty much at the bottom of everyone's 'must pull' list. Most off-putting is the slow ramp-up and complete reliance on RNG for buffs. So... Those are problems we can solve. Time to borrow a mechanic from Ronin...

Statistics for a 5* 5/65 champion

Venom the Duck

Attack 2493
    Health 35818

Critical Hits

65% chance to suffer Bleed, dealing 1994 damage over five seconds. If this bleed is prevented due to immunity, Inflict a Passive Degeneration instead, at -25% Potency.

Klyntar buff
    This indefinite buff returns after ten seconds if removed. It cannot be removed by Venom's own abilities, and grants the following abilities:
    • Grants +373 Attack
    • Can't Miss Non-Mystic opponents
    • When fighting Tech opponents, immunity to Power Drain, Burn or Steal effects.
    Aberration charge
    Venom the Duck passively gains Aberration charge over time, starting at zero and reaching full charge at 100.
    When reaching full charge, Venom consumes all charge to activate an Aberration buff.
    When Venom bypasses a Miss, or triggers his Power Drain/Burn/Steal immunity, he gains +10 Aberration charge.

Aberration Buffs
    Venom can activate four different buffs, each lasting 15 seconds. By default he will activate a random buff; but he can Prepare a buff by striking the opponent (or their block) with light attacks.
    Each non-unique Aberration buff beyond the first suffers a stacking -10% Potency.

Aberration buffs:
    • Aggression (first light attack) - Gain +1296 Attack and +420 Critical Rating
    • Survival (second light attack) - Gain +1500 Physical and Energy resistance, and +600 Critical resistance
    • Power (third light attack) - Gain +40% combat power. Additionally, this buff grants a burst of 10% Power when it ends for any reason.
    • Recovery (fourth light attack) - Regenerate 8% health
    Launching a Heavy or Special attack
    Any buffs are removed* when launching a Heavy or Special Attack, each removed buff increasing Attack rating by +864 for the duration of the Attack.
    The first three Aberration buffs removed during a fight are stored in Venom's RNA bank. Up to ten buffs can be stored during a quest.
    When buffs are removed without being stored in the RNA bank, each grants +15 Aberration charge.
    *Note: will not affect Klyntar buff

Fight start
    All buffs in the RNA bank are activated.

Special Attacks
    • SP1 - Each strike drains 225 of the opponent's health as Direct damage, and feeds it to the Aberration effect, gaining +10 Aberration charge. The final hit of this attack Refreshes any personal debuffs.
    • SP2 - 85% chance to apply a Toxic Armour buff to the opponent for 18s. Toxic Armour grants +900 Armour. When struck, champions with Toxic Armour take up to +120% additional Direct Damage, depending how high their armour is.
      At the end of this attack, if the RNA bank contains a copy of Venom's Prepared buff, activate it.
    • SP3 - This attack does not remove or bank buffs; instead it activates all buffs stored in the RNA bank.
    Signature
    Venom starts the fight with +40% Aberration charge, and gains the following pre-fight ability: Select one buff to start in the RNA bank. When defending, a random buff will be chosen.
    Additionally, Venom gains the following enhancements to his special attacks:
    • SP1 siphon damage increases by +40%.
    • SP2 Opponents with Toxic Armour suffer -60% defensive power rate
    • SP3 grants +40% Aberration charge.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

Look, I'm so angry now, enough, I don't want to use your damn classic characters anymore. Either do it properly or remove these characters from the game. I don't enjoy using these characters one bit. Yes, but when I say buff, I don't mean only attack, fix general animations as well. For example, Sentry, this guy is a character I like very much in the comics, but it is portrayed badly in the game, for example, they can make their animations better, but why don't they do it because they just show that attention to the new characters, is this guy's fault that he came to the game early? And for example, how Black Bolt brought the king of the great inhumans into the game is really disgusting, the design is disgusting, the animations are disgusting, if you want some inspiration, you can check out marvel strike force. I'm so tired of this event, you don't give the same care you give to the new characters to the previous characters. Please take care of this now. (And again, I'm not just talking about damage.)

Sir, this is a Wendy's.
  • Options
    It seems like Kabam have changed the acceptable amount of editing code that's 'acceptable' in posts - I haven't been able to get any new designs past Approval Hell in months...😢. Oh well - it was a bit of fun while it lasted.
  • Options

It seems like Kabam have changed the acceptable amount of editing code that's 'acceptable' in posts - I haven't been able to get any new designs past Approval Hell in months...😢. Oh well - it was a bit of fun while it lasted.

You could just put the designs into a google document like I did
  • Options
    GilbertoJuniorGilbertoJunior Posts: 76

Idiots! No-one uses MODOK to Attack! You morons think I am just a defender - but I am designed for killing! You fools! Killing!

I'm not usually suggesting graphics changes, but I'd beg for one with MODOK: give him a visible icon to make his flux visible, which would make him much more useable on Attack. Also, let's replace his current rubbish Sig ability with one that boosts his Flux Potency and helps him keep champs with Passive Power Gain safely under wraps.

MODOK

Attack 2346
    Health 37343

All Attacks

MODOK cannot inflict critical hits on most basic attacks, but each seventh hit is a guaranteed Critical Hit.
    Any increase to MODOK's Critical Rating from nodes or Masteries is applied to his Critical Damage Modifier, instead.

Flux Passive
    MODOK's chair is powered by a Flux generator. Depending on his Flux level, MODOK gains up to the following benefits:

• +80% Attack
    • +40% Special Damage
    • +1200 Block Proficiency
    • +1200 Critical Damage Modifier
    • +20% Ability Accuracy
    Pitiful Summoner - MODOK has added a Flux icon for you to see on Attack, helping your puny brain make the most of his incredible abilities!

Forcefield Passive
    MODOK starts the fight with a single Forcefield charge. When he would be struck, 100% chance to Autoblock, and consume the charge. This does not trigger Parry.
    When consumed, Forcefield charges recover after 7 seconds.
    Whilst he has a Forcefield charge, MODOK benefits from +650 Physical Resistance and +1800 Block Proficiency; and opponents striking MODOK's block have a 60% chance to be inflicted with a Blunted debuff for three seconds. Blunted debuffs remove a stack of Pierce when inflicted, and reduce the victim's Block and Armour penetration by 450. Whilst suffering from a Blunted debuff, opponents hitting into block suffer -60% Offensive Ability Accuracy.

Heavy Attacks
    Each hit has a 40% chance to inflict an Incinerate debuff causing 1407 damage over four seconds. Incinerate gains up to +40% Potency depending on Flux.

Special Attacks
    If the first hit of a Special Attack inflicts a critical hit, all subsequent hits will also be critical.
    SP1 - This attack cannot Miss, and grants no power to the opponent. On activation, MODOK reduces the opponents Health and Power gains for four seconds: up to 150% of what they would have gained, is lost instead.
    SP2 - Scything blade attacks each inflict Bleed, causing 3505 damage over seven seconds.
    Bleed duration increases by up to 100%, depending on Flux.
    SP3 - Inflict four stacks of Armour Break (-550 Armour for eight seconds), plus each of the following debuffs has a 75% chance to occur: Incinerate, Poison, Power Drain (33% Max Power), Enervate. All debuffs last eight seconds, and damaging debuffs each inflict 6436 damage.

Signature ability: Flux enhancements
    The potency of Flux is increased by up to 50%.
    Additionally, if his SP1 causes the opponent to lose Power, MODOK gains up to 100% of the Power lost.

*if my rework was this easy,you worms should do that in cosmic scale*