**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ghost AI Funky Since Patch

NemeschyNemeschy Posts: 53
edited February 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
I cannot be the only one that has noticed this. I searched the forum but did not see anything on it. Since this past patch when you phase with Ghost and wait for the defender to dash into your phase with a medium. Since the patch about 50% + of the time, the defender will take my hit, I will phase back, and instead of dashing in the defender will just throw a light right where he stands. Then dash in. Totally screwing up the timing of your next phase/attack. It is getting to the point of annoyance now. I want to do my Thunderbotls EOP run but now am worried that my Ghost will just eat a bunch of fists, instead of doing what she is supposed to. Anyone else notice this?? Thanks all!
Post edited by Kabam Spice on

Comments

• Options
    Oh I guess maybe I should tag someone at kabam.. I am kinda green to the forums but I guess I'll start with @Kabam Miike since he is who I am most familiar with.

This interaction is happening at least 50% of the time when ghost phases back. If you could pass this on to someone/anyone, I would be grateful. Thanks!
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    The getting hit in phase when opponent dashes in is happening for quite some time now…
    In addition sometimes when throwing a sp2 with ghost the AI dashes in and dashes back immediately causing the special to whiff and the defender punishes you
  • Options
    I was really hoping that this was going to get resolved with the new patch. Sadly, it has not. Can someone at Kabam comment on this among other AI issues since last patch? I would love to do my Thunderbolts EOP run at some point. Not like this though.. Not like this..
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    There haven't been any ai tinkerings since 2014. Have you restarted your phone and checked for OS updates? 😂
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    AI issues? 🤔 No way this is possible if you look at the bug tracker it’s not listed so can’t be an issue 😆

https://trello.com/b/yM4RGbuU/mcoc-community-bugs-and-issues-tracker
  • Options
    I have not heard or seen any official response to this.. Is this going to be looked at or is this how you finally nerf Ghost? I would love to not lose BG/War matches because of this new AI behavior. Any Kabam response would be appreciated. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    @Nemeschy nobody is going to look into this - it is working as intended as the AI has been "freed" to learn and adapt it's play same as us humans. We can do this too (who do you think the AI learned this trick from?) so again, working as intended. I know this isn't what folks want to hear but it's now the reality of playing this game.

Our main focus needs to be on the growing list of things the AI is able to exploit with loosely governed fight mechanics that only it can exploit because of its computer precision, you know, like insta-launching specials in the middle our combos, launching specials whilst still in the animation recovery window after being knocked down, perfectly spacing heavies, specials and even light or medium attacks so they get the "lock on" effect and slide clear across the screen and smack you. THOSE (and many others) are the real issues we're facing right now to which Kabam have been silent despite the dozens of complaints from us.
  • Options
    MiikeyMouseMiikeyMouse Posts: 21
    They can’t nerf Ghost so what else they would do? Tweak the AI so your phase/attack timing will be slightly off.

I’ve seen the AI wait till your phase ends before dashing in. Sometimes after dashing in and throw light attack into your phase, they can dex your attack. I’ve seen numerous weird AI’s behaviour while playing Ghost.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    The ghost issues are around a few months. Sorry to say but the AI knows what to do depending on the champ you are using. When using ghost, the defender will not dash into you quite often.

I am not using ghost anymore besides arena