**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Can we get 1 Champ Trade-In Crystal a year??

11993451199345 Posts: 385 ★★★
edited February 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
As the title asks...maybe during Cyber Week...so we can trade in 1 champ for another.

Doing so wouldn't break the economy of the game, and would give players a GUARANTEED shot, once a year, to get a champ they really want.

Edit: Like-for-like stars...6* for 6*, 5* for 5*, etc...
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    I agree and disagree, I agree because the amount of champs I've really wanted is a large amount and would've been nice to have 1 guaranteed however most of these champs I've wanted I've also gotten eventually, for example galan, I wanted him for ages and grinded out shards to get featureds for him, it took me about a month to get him but I did In the end, that's why I disagree, I think people should grind for the champ they want, yes people's RNG for crystals may be bad and not get them for the first couple of crystals but they will eventually, going for champs you personally want gives you every reason to play the game and earn the shards although you would feel defeated if you didn't get that champ but it also encourages you to carry on grinding.
  • Options

I agree and disagree, I agree because the amount of champs I've really wanted is a large amount and would've been nice to have 1 guaranteed however most of these champs I've wanted I've also gotten eventually, for example galan, I wanted him for ages and grinded out shards to get featureds for him, it took me about a month to get him but I did In the end, that's why I disagree, I think people should grind for the champ they want, yes people's RNG for crystals may be bad and not get them for the first couple of crystals but they will eventually, going for champs you personally want gives you every reason to play the game and earn the shards although you would feel defeated if you didn't get that champ but it also encourages you to carry on grinding.

Hense once a year. We have champs rolling out monthly, so you'll have to ration the crystal and be extremely selective.

Also, you still have the option to grind for your wanted champ, but you remain at the mercy of (a) RNG, and/or (b) the associated arena leaderboard; You may miss the milestone for your champ the first arena, miss again the second, and that champ may or may not come back around until (?)...sooooooo use the crystal then if you want.
  • Options
    Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    1199345 said:

Hense once a year. We have champs rolling out monthly, so you'll have to ration the crystal and be extremely selective.

Also, you still have the option to grind for your wanted champ, but you remain at the mercy of (a) RNG, and/or (b) the associated arena leaderboard; You may miss the milestone for your champ the first arena, miss again the second, and that champ may or may not come back around until (?)...sooooooo use the crystal then if you want.
    I mean it's a decent idea I suppose and you have given valid points to support your argument so I do support your idea and as someone said 6 stars are getting easier to obtain so yeh fair play mate.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,221 ★★★★★
    So people are gonna swap og iron man for say herc. Would you consider it "fair"? Im all for the idea but still
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I see this being exploited like previous events, stores, and gifting. Plus how's it fair if you're trading in a classic Spider-Man for Hercules? That's not fair, you didn't earn it and you went out of your way to trade someone you know you're never gonna use for someone who's considered one of the most wanted champs in the game.

A fair trade would be trading for someone of equal or lesser value but this ain't it.
  • Options

So people are gonna swap og iron man for say herc. Would you consider it "fair"? Im all for the idea but still

It's a fair proposition since it gives EVERYONE a choice across the board...

Also, my guess is not everyone would choose Herc...some would opt for other champs because (a) they already have him, (b) they like a different champ, or (c) they need a specific champ for specific content.

For example, I've been chasing 6* G99 for years. She's my unicorn. Some like her, some say she's obsolete; I'd choose her over Herc in a heartbeat...
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,246 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I think it's personally fine the way it is for Cyber weekend/4th of July that has the champ selector already. Ypu just have to grind the units for it.
  • Options
    1199345 said:

Also, my guess is not everyone would choose Herc...some would opt for other champs because (a) they already have him, (b) they like a different champ, or (c) they need a specific champ for specific content.

For example, I've been chasing 6* G99 for years. She's my unicorn. Some like her, some say she's obsolete; I'd choose her over Herc in a heartbeat...
    But Guillotine 2099 is not a terrible champion. She was considered one of the best before Hercules came on the scene, so it's not that outrageous of a want from you. But the question is who are the 10 most likely Champions people are going to go for if something like this were truly eligible:

Hercules, Doom, iDoom, Torch, Kitty, Omega, Nimrod, CGR, Galan and the tenth being a free flow of others. Especially if there's a back and forth argument whether or not trophy Champions qualify so they can finally get their hands on a 6 star weapon x or Jessica.

It's not going to be a surprise if something like this would happen because everybody would be going for one of the top guys because they need it or because some YouTuber told them they need it and then suddenly they have to get it and then they don't know how to use it and then they're calling out Kabam for making Champs so freaking complicated that they can't think. You think this is like trying to reinvent the wheel but really it's just a wish Crystal but turned into a wish selector with 100% absolute control.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

I see this being exploited like previous events, stores, and gifting. Plus how's it fair if you're trading in a classic Spider-Man for Hercules? That's not fair, you didn't earn it and you went out of your way to trade someone you know you're never gonna use for someone who's considered one of the most wanted champs in the game.

A fair trade would be trading for someone of equal or lesser value but this ain't it.

People grind and hunt for years for specific champs...they spend units and real money on specific crystals for a chance to pop specific champs...only to never pull them.

That's 100% how they earned the right to choose through this crystal.

As for trading in Spider-Man for Herc, if that's what floats your boat, have at it. Remember though, it would be a once-in-a-year choice...

Choose wisely...

As for "equal or lesser value", one champ can't complete all content, and the champs aren't officially separated into tiers. Who I value the most might be the last champ in the world you'd use, and vice versa...
  • Options
    edited February 2023

1199345 said:

But Guillotine 2099 is not a terrible champion. She was considered one of the best before Hercules came on the scene, so it's not that outrageous of a want from you. But the question is who are the 10 most likely Champions people are going to go for if something like this were truly eligible:

Hercules, Doom, iDoom, Torch, Kitty, Omega, Nimrod, CGR, Galan and the tenth being a free flow of others. Especially if there's a back and forth argument whether or not trophy Champions qualify so they can finally get their hands on a 6 star weapon x or Jessica.

It's not going to be a surprise if something like this would happen because everybody would be going for one of the top guys because they need it or because some YouTuber told them they need it and then suddenly they have to get it and then they don't know how to use it and then they're calling out Kabam for making Champs so freaking complicated that they can't think. You think this is like trying to reinvent the wheel but really it's just a wish Crystal but turned into a wish selector with 100% absolute control.
    To your very last sentence: that's EXACTLY my point...100% absolute control...you get the choice...

But you need to be smart about who you select, and why. Also, the caveat is you risk trading in someone who may very well get buffed in the future.

Decisions, decisions...

To your prior point: most of the champs you listed are already on most rosters...and in most alliances; If you so happen to not have one...and grinded and spent units and real money to no avail...see my previous point above...

Edit: Secondary is how the trade-in could be utilized as a direct feedback mechanism for Kabam to decide which champions to buff.
  • Options
    I just can't see it not being abused or not being turned into some kind of black market. The community has established time and time again that we can't have anything without abusing the heck out of it.

And I'm saying this as someone who would greatly benefit from this proposal.
  • Options
    It would be 1 crystal, given by Kabam directly via in-game mail/message once a year, completely unassociated with gifting. We can't buy them or gift them in any way, and they wouldn't be available in any store. If they keep it in-house, non-purchase-related, then there's virtually no way they can be exploited.