Limited entries + sequential objectives = garbage design

OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 772 ★★★
I understand making limited entry side quests, but when you add objectives that require you to have done the previous weeks objective and you only had 3 shots or whatever at it, you effectively lock people out of being able to do the future objectives. When you can hit the SQ as often as you want to try just by spending some energy then these sequential objectives are fine, just next time separate them if you are only going to give us a limited number of tries.

Comments

• ShiroiharaShiroihara Member Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    They could separate the entry requirements, which exist to limit the rewards you get for completion, from the objectives. I.e. if you use a ticket to enter, you can get path and completion rewards, otherwise you don’t.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

They could separate the entry requirements, which exist to limit the rewards you get for completion, from the objectives. I.e. if you use a ticket to enter, you can get path and completion rewards, otherwise you don’t.

So why would it be a "challenge" if u can try as many times as u want?...
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★

Coppin said:

You can try EOP infinitely too. Is it not a challenge?
    Big difference is that SQ is nowhere near the level of difficulty of EOP

Coppin said:

You really gonna compare EoP to SQ?...
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Member Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

You were the one that called the SQ objective a challenge.
    My point is that challenges don’t need to be restricted to tries. The challenge is doing the objective.
    edited February 2023

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

You were the one that called the SQ objective a challenge.
    My point is that challenges don’t need to be restricted to tries. The challenge is doing the objective.
    And you are the one comparing EoP with a SQ.. besides OP seems to be having a hard time... Which means it is a challenge...
    And yes it is a challenge..
    The objective is challenging the player to do a task.. if completed u get rewarded...
    Are u doing this semantic argument that because it's called Carina's "Challenge" is the same challenge as the SQ objective? 🤣
    edited February 2023
    Pocketz4 said:

The limited entries is fine. But the solo objectives probably should have been released separately each week instead of grouped together progressively. That way, for example, if someone failed to one-shot Tigra in week 2, they could still try for a 1 shot in weeks 3 & 4.

Its cumulative rewards.. with that narrative u could say that you should be able to do 3.2 even if u didn't finish 3.1 of the EQ just because your mystic team is stronger...
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★
    Thank lords this third attempt I could clear 'Threat level 3' with a class disadvantage.

Tigra nuked her too damn fast, I paused and quit at 5-10% 2 times, but the game have alredy registered it as a kill.
    Third time I paused at 30% lol.
    Cleared it nice and slow with a science.

What an annoying little thing.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Member Posts: 165
    edited February 2023

2 runs.
    First bring boss down to ~5% exit fight. Go back in with class disadvantage.
    Second run it again with your best counter 1 shot.

Boom both objectives done.

Why didn’t I think of that? I tried to one shot with class disadvantage and failed last week’s level 5 objectives. For some reason, I thought I had to one shot with class disadvantage…
  • SonOfArgu16SonOfArgu16 Member, Guardian Posts: 262 Guardian

2 runs.
    First bring boss down to ~5% exit fight. Go back in with class disadvantage.
    Second run it again with your best counter 1 shot.

Boom both objectives done.

Wait, was no one doing this? This was my entire strategy since week 1.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,026 ★★★★★

"REWARDS" I'd an objective term considering they are majority relic rewards ..

That's an important point, the rewards for these objectives are nothing spectacular, certainly not worth stressing about. If you can do them with a minimum of fuss, then great, otherwise you're not missing out on a whole lot.

Of course FOMO can kick in for many of us! :smiley: