**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds unfair advantage in who has to place first

Eli9494Eli9494 Posts: 11
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
I noticed in battlegrounds, placing first, 2 times out of 3, if it goes to 3, is a huge disadvantage. I usually win easily the ones I get to place counters. Anyway think defenders should be picked at same time blind, then show defenders at same time, then pick attackers. Still be able to opponents roster they picked, but simply make the defense and offense pick at the same time. Anyone else agree it kinda sucks placing first?
Basically both defenders pick at same time, but unable to be seen by each other. Than show both defenders, and both pick attackers at same time, this part could be shown. Would cut time in half as well picking at same time. But main thing is the disadvantage or advantage in just random if you place first or not. Lots of times it really bad in last round.

Comments

• K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Eli9494 said:

I noticed in battlegrounds, placing first, 2 times out of 3, if it goes to 3, is a huge disadvantage. I usually win easily the ones I get to place counters. Anyway think defenders should be picked at same time blind, then show defenders at same time, then pick attackers. Still be able to opponents roster they picked, but simply make the defense and offense pick at the same time. Anyone else agree it kinda sucks placing first?

It's not perfect but the way I see it is not that different from having a home field advantage. If you're conscious that there is a disadvantage when placing a defender first in round 3 (there obviously is), be proactive in trying to prevent that disadvantage from actually happening. There's often a lot of talk about strategy that involves throwing a round to secure a win in the other two. It's just as relevant to know when you should be going all in on the first two rounds as well. Think of it as throwing round 3 instead. I think if they do decide to change the timing of defender/attacker placement to be simultaneous, it should be for all rounds. Doesn't make sense to only apply it to the last round imo.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I think it adds to the strategy part
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Eli9494 said:

That's a nice idea, the placing defenders blind before drafting attackers, but would probably lengthen the process ( though possibly make it fairer).
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    I like the idea of placing blindly. It adds a different level of strategy and analyzing during the match.
  • KlippKlipp Posts: 174 ★★
    I usually try to draw out the attacker I’m most dreading if I get to place first. Round 2 if I don’t have good options for round 3 I go for the win but if there is a defender or attacker I know I won’t win against I usually throw round 2. So most of the time I’m going 3 rounds cause of poor drafts. I personally like to pick last so the other person is under pressure with placing the defender first in round 1 and 3
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 257 ★★
    edited March 2023
    sometimes you kick off, sometimes you receive, that is part of the game.

i worry more about facing the chiefs of the world being a bear (for hockey fans that would be Avalanche v Canadiens)
  • Eli9494Eli9494 Posts: 11

@kooshmaan meant all 3 round defenders be picked blind at same time. Not just first round. It is like a home field advantage, but I have no cheering fans 😆. It just sucks when your at 2 wins and gotta drop first. Usually if I win first one when I placed first, I sometimes let it go to 3 on purpose, like some are talking about, would speed it up too. Both picking at same time insted of timer for both. Can't stand when it's an obvious pick, and the guy takes the whole time to pick it