**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's the plan for the future of Relics?

Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
Hey all,
This post is mainly aimed as a question to Kabam.

Is there anything you guys can tell us about the future of Relics? I have seemingly been one of the few people here that went into Relics kind of excited and even kept that excitement for quite a while but even that is slowly but surely going away.

I know the team has mentioned that they didn't want to bring out Relics as "must haves" from the start because that would annoy a lot of people , and I totally get that. But as of writing this relics have been available for about 3.5 months and they have basically had NO impact aside from an extra combo due to the stun and some niche uses.
The gains gotten from leveling and ranking up even higher rarity relics is negligible but a lot of the rank up resources are given out in extremely low quantities making the balance seem off.

I was excited for relics to bring lesser used champs a bit more into the mainstream by giving them cool new abilities and stuff like that, but right now I'd never rank up a champion because it'd pair well with a relic. I mostly just slap a relic onto one of my top champs that seems to slightly benefit from it.

There have been lots of ideas given out by the community that I think would work to make relics way better, one I really like is Relic synergies, basically having the Relic work as a synergy partner to the champ it's bound to. Let's say one day an Apocalypse Relic comes out and when you bind it to Cable he gets the synergy that allows him to stack the degenerations, stuff like that! Or even completely new synergies could work.

We've also gotten a few new Relics not too long ago which was cool, is there a schedule for how often we can expect new Relics or wil it be random drops here and there? As someone who basically has every 3* Relic I see no point in opening any more crystals because it'd just lead to the Ember expriring.

So is there anything anyone at Kabam can tell us? Can we expect a Relics balance update in a few months in the dame way we get one for new champs?
If there is nothing that you can tell us right now can we at least get a general hint for when we MIGHT expect to hear more?
I'm still hopefull for relics and I hope they find their place in the Contest because I genuinely think the idea is pretty cool, I would jsut want a bit more!

(This probably reads as a big ol' rant about basically nothing, I jsut keep typing for way too long sometimes)