EoP Thanos final phase w/ armorbreak immune champs?

GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Member Posts: 236 ★★
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Anyone know if armor break immune champions still work with the final phase mechanic? I have an R4 sassy I want to bring for the A-Force/Alpha Flight challenge and love his health pool with 20 and 40% revives to save me some health pods in that final phase. Picture proof of armor break immune champ in final phase is welcome and any input is greatly appreciated
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Gildarts99Gildarts99 Member Posts: 374 ★★
    mmm. 's not necessary. the armor breaks on you do nothing to you. it is so that when you intercept and throw your special, the armor breaks passes on to Thanos allowing you to do more damage than you would have normally.
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★

mmm. 's not necessary. the armor breaks on you do nothing to you. it is so that when you intercept and throw your special, the armor breaks passes on to Thanos allowing you to do more damage than you would have normally.

I don't think their question is if it's best to use an armor break champ, it's if it's possible! Because they want to use Sassy for his regen and big health pool to save on resources
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't take that big of a risk
    U can't transfer Armor breaks if u don't get any
    It might work due to some weird coding error but still risky....better have a 2nd plan ready if u try this & it fails
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    I can assure you that Sassy will NOT remove the indestructible. I took mine just last night and I was wondering why in the world it wouldn't work ... so maybe that's why. He worked flawlessly in all other phases except the last one. So don't use him for the last 30% ..

I don't know if it's bugged or if the armor break thing has something to do with it but he did not remove the indestructible whenever I intercepted Thanos.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    Why would sassy having a higher health pool save you potions? Unless you are healing him up after reviving, Thanos typically KOs you with any hit taken, and the SP3 takes off a guaranteed percentage of health and not just a number, so someone with a lower health pool that you can heal up with potions more quickly would actually tank more sp3s and give you more leeway to deal with Thanos. Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a bad plan.

Also, the armor breaks on you make a big difference when they transfer to Thanos. That's why it is helpful to tank several SP3s and then intercept him and go straight to your own SP3 to make use of the boost in damage that the armor breaks give you.
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Member Posts: 236 ★★

Why would sassy having a higher health pool save you potions? Unless you are healing him up after reviving, Thanos typically KOs you with any hit taken, and the SP3 takes off a guaranteed percentage of health and not just a number, so someone with a lower health pool that you can heal up with potions more quickly would actually tank more sp3s and give you more leeway to deal with Thanos. Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a bad plan.

Also, the armor breaks on you make a big difference when they transfer to Thanos. That's why it is helpful to tank several SP3s and then intercept him and go straight to your own SP3 to make use of the boost in damage that the armor breaks give you.

A 40% revive on a 90K health pool (67K base, when boosted around 90K) is about 36K health which can tank several of thano's sp3s without using any potions. 35K health is like 75-100% of most other champs health at R3.
    he also heals back what thanos hits him with.

ive only done him 3 times,

I can assure you that Sassy will NOT remove the indestructible. I took mine just last night and I was wondering why in the world it wouldn't work ... so maybe that's why. He worked flawlessly in all other phases except the last one. So don't use him for the last 30% ..

I don't know if it's bugged or if the armor break thing has something to do with it but he did not remove the indestructible whenever I intercepted Thanos.

thanks, i appreciate it! looks like imma have to do his final phase with 5*s again
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,394 ★★★★★
    But thanos sp3 is % based right ? So what's the point of having higher HP if you're still at 20 or 40%
    i wont lie, i didnt know that there was a 20% safegaurd cap until you said something.
    itll help if you get intercepted on your dash. also he has a good regen. but sounds like he isnt viable for phase 3. the real question was does the mechanic bypass his immunity or does his immunity screw up the mechanic
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,707 ★★★★★

Anyone know if armor break immune champions still work with the final phase mechanic?

Simple answer: No those champs Doesn't work.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    It’s wild that Doom might be the best champ in the game and literally can’t finish this fight.