What can Spot's Buff Immune pre-fight do?

altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Spot's Foul Play Pre-fight grants Science champions a 3 second Buff Immune Debuff on knockdown.

What are the potential applications of this?

3 seconds doesn't seem to be that long of a time to begin with, and it seems pretty niche.

The only real thoughts I had was:
1. Free willpower healing
2. Against Dorm and Mojo: get 1 free dex
3. Against Neutralize champions: get 1 free dex.
4. Prey on the Weak interaction with some other node that places buffs on you.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    Sadly I don't even think your 3rd point works. From what I've seen with SM2099 and Red Guardian in the past Neutralize seems to override Buff Immunity and will continue to act as if a buff is placed on the opponent
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Spot's Foul Play Pre-fight grants Science champions a 3 second Buff Immune Debuff on knockdown.

3 seconds doesn't seem to be that long of a time to begin with, and it seems pretty niche.

Knock down Hercules at 1% and it would stop his immortality from triggering. It would be useful vs anyone that’s immune to nullify, fate seal or stagger.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★

altavista said:

Knock down Hercules at 1% and it would stop his immortality from triggering. It would be useful vs anyone that’s immune to nullify, fate seal or stagger.
    From what I understand the Buff Immune Debuff is apply to the Attacker not Def, so it wouldn't affect fighting against Hercules...or did I miss something?

Do correct me if I'm wrong. 😅🙏
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★
    Oh, I totally misunderstood this. My apologies
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★

Sadly I don't even think your 3rd point works. From what I've seen with SM2099 and Red Guardian in the past Neutralize seems to override Buff Immunity and will continue to act as if a buff is placed on the opponent

Yeah, it doesn't seem to help against tricky Mystic defenders. You could knock down Spiderman Supreme and then get a free Medium attack in without gaining a spider-seal.
    It theoretically allows you to get hit by Ebony Maw's SP1 and not gain the fury, but it seems unlikely that, within 3 seconds, you would knock down Maw and then get hit by his SP1.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    Man-Thing seems like this is what it is designed for, but .... did we really need a pre-fight to handle Man-Thing?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,817 ★★★★★
    It's fairly niche.

You mentioned a couple.

Other Mystic champs that apply buffs in order to benefit themselves would include Dr Voodoo, and Sigil Witch

Venom the Duck can hit you with Toxic Armour

It could be particularly handy against any of the above on a node like Spite

And I wouldn't be surprised if it came in handy against some new champion coming in the next few months. Sometimes Kabam gives us the solution before the problem it's intended for...