**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Side Quest - Great Concept, Poor Execution

BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
So I really like how they incorporated incursions into the side quest this month. The permanent hacks and 5 minute cooldowns were inspired ways to make this viable as a side quest, but I don't think enough thought was put into balancing the time commitment vs rewards of side quests as opposed to incursions.

For one, this is tedious. I'm saying this as the only fan of incursions in my alliance. I love incursions, but I don't do 60 zones a week. That's just too much. If we're trying to get more people into this game mode, this isn't the way.

Secondly, these rewards are comparatively bad vs previous side quests. We only have access to about 65k event currency in the 4 weeks of threats 1 through 5, plus whatever we manage to achieve in threat 6....There's well over half a million worth of stuff in that store. I didn't expect to be able to buy it out, but only being able to choose like 15% (rough estimate)? What is that??

The one thing, rewards-wise, I think you guys did nail were the gold milestones. These were on par, if not slightly improved, on what we have been seeing.

I like the merged game mode concept, but I think alot more thought needs to be put into the rewards balancing if this continues moving forward.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, this delays all of our incursions champion crystals by a month
  • Options
    FrozenLoganFrozenLogan Posts: 45
    It’s well more than 65k. From the milestones alone I count 25k per week so 100k. Then add onto that zone bonus from sectors 1-6.
  • Options
    I did miss the milestones, but those are progression based. We'll call cav the middle, with just under 70k available there total. That's still only 135k, and less than a third of what's available in the store
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    Agree with the OP. Well said.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,016 ★★★★

Complaining about 108 fights for a 6 star awakening gem..Complaining about Fred incursion revives and potions Complaining Complaining complain..it could be 1 fight and u would complain about how short it is..that's what's wrong in the world today..either way it's done ur always going to have complainers ..why are u so worried about rewards when the game doesn't even perform well ...I just don't understand what u want this game like life isn't perfect u get by and u take what u can get..Complaining about blocking and it doesn't block is a function problem that is detrimental to all aspects of the game not just side quest..so complainers will complain even if it was a perfect in everyway someone would say oh the light should glinting of corvius staff this way instead of that way when doing his special 2 and his grave it at the 121.5° mark ...

Yeah man, honestly this is so great I mean 6* ag just for doing fights it's crazy! Yet complains...
  • Options
    FrozenLoganFrozenLogan Posts: 45

I did miss the milestones, but those are progression based. We'll call cav the middle, with just under 70k available there total. That's still only 135k, and less than a third of what's available in the store

Very true. I’m not concerned about buying out the store, will need to calculate cost of what’s important for me. Not concerned about getting more items to go into overflow or 3*/4* crystals that won’t be used.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,049 ★★★★

Complaining about 108 fights for a 6 star awakening gem.

Yeah man, honestly this is so great I mean 6* ag just for doing fights it's crazy! Yet complains...
    If that's the *only* reward of the potentially hundreds that makes the mode/event worth it, then it doesn't seem like the EVENT itself is worth it.

There's also A LOT of us that don't even get the chance of that reward. Cavalier players, of which there are a lot, don't even have the opportunity - so we have to look at the event for what it is and what it gives us. Which is ****.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

If that's the *only* reward of the potentially hundreds that makes the mode/event worth it, then it doesn't seem like the EVENT itself is worth it.

There's also A LOT of us that don't even get the chance of that reward. Cavalier players, of which there are a lot, don't even have the opportunity - so we have to look at the event for what it is and what it gives us. Which is ****.
    Have you considered not being cavalier? At this point it’s kind of just a choice.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

dude Cavs don't need 6* ags at the point where you guys are at. I had like no 6*s when I was cav and barely had any when I just got tb... you should focus on getting tb to be able to acquire the rewards
  • Options
    me personally, I love this event as there are less stupid relic rewards and more of what we want. And we FINALLY get a cheaper way to get some incursions revives which will really help when I do my sector 6 run. What I don't like is I cant bind my relic to my r4 herc cuz its bugged so hopefully I can get that sorted soon.
  • Options
    Johnson374Johnson374 Posts: 30
    ... never played incursion before, but already done this sq 104 fights for ag. happy to awaken my AA.

the rest of rewards are bonus to me ...
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 499 ★★★
    Only reward worth getting is the 6* ag and thr 104 fight grind is fine for it.

If they really wanted to promote incursions, they should have changed the prize structure. The danger store and gold is fine. The rewards for solo objectives where relics are present should have been replaced with incursion cystal fragments. Relics could have been a different objective where if you complete a certain number of fights with champions with relics attached, you get relic fragments.

That way all parties happy. Relics continue to be the least desired prize and show up again in every sq.
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    After so much of fights we deserved incursion artifacts to purchase Incursion Crystals.

The game dynamics have shifted to 6* champs. Collecting 54000 artifacts takes a lot of time. This month tedious hardwork was best to give summoners artifacts either in danger room or post fights
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,049 ★★★★

dude Cavs don't need 6* ags at the point where you guys are at. I had like no 6*s when I was cav and barely had any when I just got tb... you should focus on getting tb to be able to acquire the rewards

I know, I'm trying. I've been playing the game for years, I'm just not as skilled as some of you guys. Plus it's hard to do story progression when all my champs are locked to AQ/AW so I can only attempt in the off seasons really.
  • Options

I know, I'm trying. I've been playing the game for years, I'm just not as skilled as some of you guys. Plus it's hard to do story progression when all my champs are locked to AQ/AW so I can only attempt in the off seasons really.
    Im not shitting on your skills or anything, im just telling you what you need to hear. What I would suggest is to stock up on revives (farm 3.2.6 for revives and 5.3.6 for energy revives) while your still doing AQ and AW, and when a new season starts, tell your officer that your going to push for TB and ask him if he can have a backup go in place of you for a bit into you get tb. If you have at least like a full team of r5 5*s you should be able to get through act 6 as long as you have the right counters. Also watch mcoc noob he's a life saver