**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Important PSA for Battlegrounds: Do not start matches until season officially starts

BGs seem to have popped back to life an hour early, probably because of daylight savings, but season timer is still ticking and everyone's progress still seems to be on the board. I've heard some people say they can start matches and other people say they got errors, but I would strongly recommend staying away until the season starts properly. My guess is that *all* progress will be wiped out when the season timer concludes, which means anything you manage to do before then will not be preserved.

Typing quickly just in case this might help someone, although this is later than I would have liked (sorry, asleep and only just noticed and reported it).

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    I'll add that it should be fine now. My rank has reset and am not getting any error message. Happy battlegrounding.

Edit: I was also thinking it was due to daylight savings.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

BGs seem to have popped back to life an hour early, probably because of daylight savings, but season timer is still ticking and everyone's progress still seems to be on the board. I've heard some people say they can start matches and other people say they got errors, but I would strongly recommend staying away until the season starts properly. My guess is that *all* progress will be wiped out when the season timer concludes, which means anything you manage to do before then will not be preserved.

Typing quickly just in case this might help someone, although this is later than I would have liked (sorry, asleep and only just noticed and reported it).

Too late. But I’m pleased the team issued the in game notification and put a banner at the top of the forums page to let everyone know.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    Looks fine to me now as well. I posted the above just on the off chance there could be a problem for players who entered early and might have not realized the season hadn't properly started yet and might have seen the warning.

Daylight savings changes doesn't just mess up the game, it also means, as someone who lives in a place that doesn't observe daylight savings changes, that I now wake up one hour later relative to the game so I wasn't as quick on the draw on this one as I might have been before the time change (although, before the time change this wouldn't have been necessary either, so).