**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can a heavy be parried?

GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Hyperion just had his heavy parried vs Apoc in BGs. Is that the correct interaction? I don’t think a heavy could be parried. Resisted yes. Parried, no. Am I mistaken?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★

The Stand Your Ground feat enables you to potentially resist a heavy attack, if you successfully do so, AND do it well-timed, then you can parry a heavy. There's a lot of chance involved so it's not a reliable tactic, but it CAN be done.

The defender parried me. Very lucky I guess.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Multi hit heavy like Hyperion, 1st hit gets resisted, 2nd parried, its how stand your ground works
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    Yeah they just have to block at the right time when you heavy. Which happens if your slightly too slow. Once that happens it hits the “stand your ground” mastery and depending on the amount of points they have, can be from 15% to 50% chance to cause a parry.

And most people are running stand your ground rn in bgs.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    @Guytennis I don’t think SYG is operating correctly right now. There are instances of unblockable (yes, you read that correctly) hits being resisted which shouldn’t happen.

I’m guessing you got some very bad AI interaction which, unfortunately, is becoming the norm.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    You can absolutely parry heavy attacks. I’ve done it a couple of times accidentally when going for a late dex.
  • Options
    legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★
    Guytennis said:

Hyperion just had his heavy parried vs Apoc in BGs. Is that the correct interaction? I don’t think a heavy could be parried. Resisted yes. Parried, no. Am I mistaken?

Yes, you can parry heavies
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

@Guytennis I don’t think SYG is operating correctly right now. There are instances of unblockable (yes, you read that correctly) hits being resisted which shouldn’t happen.

I’m guessing you got some very bad AI interaction which, unfortunately, is becoming the norm.

Dr. Zola

Nah, miike have mentioned, that it is working like it is designed to. Chance to Resist a block break. Technicalities. 🤦
    And they are thinking if they want to keep it for unblockable attacks.

And I think that Resisting Unblockable 'should' be patched. But who cares what we think.