**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nerfing Hercules is the best thing for the game

thepiggythepiggy Posts: 504 ★★★★
edited March 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Asking for nerfs 5 years ago was like a death wish but I feel the community is better than ever and more open to these things.

I have Herc and I use him. He's broken and makes the game less fun and the devs have a hard time making content and he brings down the value of every other champion in the game.

- Reduce his Immortality from 9 seconds to 5 and it can't be paused
- Lower his Feats of Strength stacks from 12 to 5
- Special Intercepts no longer give +2 precision or cruelty

He will still have good utility. Stun immunity, immortality, true sense, bleed/poison resistance, and solid damage, but he won't be broken.

Nerfing stinks. We worked hard for these champs and it feels like a rip off to have them adjusted, but the revive changes are going hurt us a lot more in the long run and Herc is the reason why. Is it better to keep Herc as is but have to pay money to clear content or is it better to have him balanced and we get to keep things like revive farming and get more reasonable content?

I think it's time the community got together and pushed for a balancing and make Kabam promise to never release another broken champion again. Any Herc nerf would of course come with rankdown catalysts, gems, and sigs.

What do you say Kabam bros? Why or why not?

Comments

• Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    I highly doubt if Kabam will take a, "this for that" approach. The next thing you know, with this death wish is that, revive farming has been nerfed, and so has been Hercules. There is no, okay you can keep your revive farm, but we nerf herc to balance that. 💁🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 230 ★★
    If this happens, I would like a rank down ticket for my 6* r4 Hercules.
    Sorry, but I ranked him up because he was busted. To nerf him now would be an unfair punishment to me through no fault of my own.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 820 ★★★★
    I still don’t have 6 star herc, and I’ve put many shards into the dual cosmic/tech crystal while neglecting other classes so it would kinda feel unfair if they nerfed him now, after others used him for so much content. I can revive farm and use other champs without too much trouble, so I wouldn’t say he’s the cause, he just helps make it easier.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

Good post @AMS94 . For some reason it's missing so I can't quote it directly.

You're right that they make content that requires spamming revives. After all Herc even came out a few months after Vol.1 did but to me it seems like his presence gives Kabam reasons to make crappy content.

Maybe I'm naive and a Herc nerf won't change a thing but maybe we can get Kabam at the table and see what they say? They're probably dying to balance him.

Kabam, can you explain what a Herc balancing would look like and how it would benefit the game? If you nerfed him, would you keep farming as is?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

U're going down on an extremely slippery slope by trusting them to do the right thing. Not the forum moderators but the business entity as a whole.

Never forget that they are a for profit organisation.
    All their decisions revolve around increasing revenue from all possible sources.

If this topic gets a reasonable traction then u (and all of us) will most probably end up with nothing in both hands instead of nothing in one & something in the other.

Also I don't know how long u have been playing this game but such content has always existed & will continue to exist irrespective of any nerfs. By asking for this u're just going to make it even harder than it's supposed to be.

There is a reason that both EOP paths have a switch node in between. That design choice is intentional.
    They don't have a problem with players spamming revives with Herc in EOP......They actually want us to spam revives with Herc in EOP, but revives that are acquired through units, not through 3.2.6

If Herc gets nerfed, the content design will still remain the same as it always has been. U'll still be required to spam revives to clear fights. It's just that u will need more revives & a lot more health potions. A win-win for them but a complete loss for us.
  • Options
    RasenDouglasRasenDouglas Posts: 10
    as the colleague said, if you don't like the character just don't use him. If Kaban nerfs Hercules, me and half the community will stop playing the game. I hate Dark Souls, I hate difficult content. I simply don't feel pleasure in getting into a fight where I can't make a mistake, because if I take 1 combo from the enemy I lose half my life (when it's not my whole life). I prefer to do fights where I build the character, and an e2 is enough to end the fight. That's why my favorite game mode is BG. Reasonably simple and fun fights.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    First off, no thanks. Secondly, I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying the changes are about Herc. If it was, they would look at that.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    They can't sell champs and then nerf them after making their money.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,962 ★★★★★

Why who said the nerf of Hercules is happening or will ?

All these clowns who think nerfing him will actually change anything about the game other than how much money Kabam makes off of players who would no longer be able to use him
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    I didn't know farming disagree season opened already
  • Options
    navi4oknavi4ok Posts: 1
    edited March 2023
    Ha ha...people ask for punishment for themselves :) yes lets nerf all God tier champs to meme tier)
  • Options
    RookRook Posts: 8
    Nerfing Hercules is not the solution If herc is nerfed it will become a big problem to F2P players as it will become a stressfull job to defeat difficult champions in the game Or upcoming he also helps to saves potions and all.The idea of nerfing Hercules is crazy and will not help anyone or anything about the game
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Please don't give bad ideas to Kabam thank you 😂
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    The biggest Hercules nerf currently would be removing the champ selector from EOP.
  • Options
    BrattBratt Posts: 1
    edited March 2023
    "thepiggy"> Well, don't use it and that's it. This suggestion is kind of silly, you're a brainless player suggesting to nerf Hercules. First time I read something as absurd as this. LMAO
  • Options
    MBrotherMBrother Posts: 31
    Hercules makes content no fun, well don’t use him use 199+ other champions that are available have fun. Jeez
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 573 ★★★
    Hercules and Revive Spam can't be in the same formula.

Hercules is the way to save that revive spam.