**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dress up incursions as a SQ was the worst idea for a SQ to date.

GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★

Dress up incursions as a SQ was the worst idea for a SQ to date. 298 votes

True
48%
CdvaCrys23SnakeEyes69DrZolaSnizzbarWorld EaterFUB4R101xNigMpd1Spity68Slignelly22zuffySIlverProfessorCapt_MegasauceAzKicker316Feeney234TheVyrusBlackfriar63phillgreen 146 votes
False
51%
BitterSteelKeonexRuzzman1Balm82buffajrTendersquadJadedManup456TC1Leediman39MagrailothosKØNGDemonzfyreJazz_MessengerSungjFrankWhiteCat_MurdockDragonMCOCRayhanIshaqueTotal_Domin01 152 votes

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    False
    Idk the zone 25 run was fun because of the new hacks and it is rare to say I have fun with any sq so it’s not the worst for me. That prize might still go to modoks labs from two years ago
  • XxLoOhNuTiCkxXXxLoOhNuTiCkxX Posts: 68
    False
    You're out of your mind. We got 2 easy awakening gems
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 573 ★★★
    False
    For a 6* awakening gem? Was essy tbh
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,245 ★★★★
    True
    I really don't like side quest grinds. Did sector 6 zone 25 once and once zone 12 sector 5 but with choosing hacks etc the time it took to get zone 12 killed my enjoyment to play sector 4 too. Never went to zone 12 again for sector 5.
  • Banhammer_steBanhammer_ste Posts: 62
    I really liked the idea it was just too grindy. I'll barely get any of the sidequest cav crystals this month. I normally do all the difficulties/objectives but that would have taken 10-12+ hours a week which is a huge amount of time compared to the normal 1-2 hours.

The solo objectives were set up in such a way that you'd have had to do multiple runs in each difficulty with little rewards beyond the objective rewards. Not worth the time commitment at all.

I do hope they keep the shorter reset timers on champs and the 99 level boosts. That made incursions a lot more fun to play.
  • GogiGogi Posts: 438 ★★★
    False
    This "SQ" was much better then same old **** they have used lately. Not all side quests needs to be overly complicated, use modes that already exists and stop with use this class for x fight to get strikers rewards. Store is ****, especially for Paragons.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 667 ★★★★
    False
    Anyone remember the two-month SQ they did a while back where the first part was confusing and a grind?
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 898 ★★★
    False
    Worse is a bit harsh considering a 6* AG is a guarantee reward. Definitely a lot of grinding this month. These recent SQs are a sure fire way to not let me work on my mini. Imagine grinding this twice or more, 😬
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    False

It isn't that bad that people are calling it to.
    But the grind side is not fun at all.
    The taps we have to do are ridiculous.
    Every empty node is a choice node which needs more tapping and time.

I was happy doing my usual sector 789 once a months. Didn't like the idea of taking away the artifacts.

I'm indifferent but somewhat disappointed too.the usual. 😂
  • False
    Yeah…no. Not at all
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    False
    No one seems to remember that September one from a couple years back it seems…
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    If you had better choices such as "among the worst" then you would get more accurate results. It's hard to say this one is the worst out of like 100 past ones but be much easier to say it is among the worst.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    True

If you had better choices such as "among the worst" then you would get more accurate results. It's hard to say this one is the worst out of like 100 past ones but be much easier to say it is among the worst.

Good point. Considering half of the people interested enough to vote did think it was the worst, I think we can all agree it’s wasn’t a great choice (like most of Kabams recent additions; emotes, I’m talking to you).
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    False
    As said before I think this is ok as a one-time or annual thing vs every 1 or 2 months. The legend title once done legitimately is more worthy of the name doing the sector 6 room 25 run than the monthly EQ time run (with iphones). Also th gems, r4 mats and shards didn't hurt.

I wouldn't do this again for fun though - just go to the milestones.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    I very much did not enjoy the SQ. That said, I do like that they tried something different. If one run to room 25 got me everything for the month it would have been great. But the weekly objectives are the worst. Too much grinding and I will be sitting out the last two weeks.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,286 ★★★★
    True
    In terms of the prompt itself, I think dressing up pre-existing content into a SQ is the worse idea for a SQ. Rift SQ design is something I hate more, but I think the act of repurposing pre-existing content into a SQ is the worst idea.

What if Kabam decides to repurpose October Battlegrounds into Danger Room Battlegrounds? Instead of being able to earn Trophy tokens like normal that month, instead there is a new currency to spend that month.
    SQ should be a side quest, not something that replaces.

Side note:
    Some people here seem to think that because the reward (Awakening gem) is good, that that makes the SQ good as a whole. My take is that they shouldn't be lumped together, as there can be good SQ design with Awakening gem rewards, and bad SQ design with Awakening gem reward.

Someone may have a counterpoint that the rewards and content design are inextricably tied together; in order to get access to Awakening gems then you have to endure bad design. I can't totally argue with that, but my ultimate take for this month is Bad SQ Design + Great guaranteed top tier reward + average other rewards.