**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aren't these node combinations ridiculous?

Really frustrated because of this road block in my incursions zone 25 push. I genuinely am not sure who'd be able to easily take this fight with minimal stress (1.5+ million health btw).

On top of nova's reduction in damage whilst unblockable, there's the "Knockdown Physical" which reduces your damage even more. But that definitely isn't enough...they just had to add tenacity. Just an annoying combo to make herc useless...not fun at all. It's just discouraging...

Comments

• Options
    Seaking_04Seaking_04 Posts: 48
    edited March 2023
    ^ This was zone 22 btw...
    Only managed to take off 15% health from a critical hit on rintrah's sp2. Went in with herc afterwards and after 3 mins with herc, Nova was at 100%...
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Nova is metal right…if so then mags could have worked
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Lot easier then my Nova in room 23 lol.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Archangel?
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Nova is metal right…if so then mags could have worked

Probably, thought herc would be ok to do the fight on first glance
  • Options

That would've been super easy with herc, I'd be glad if I ran into that on my run tbh

Don't think you realise how little damage herc does with node. I tried multiple times to use my DOT hacks to take him down but tenacity plus the regen just kept nova at 95%+ health.

I'd be doing less damage if I was immortal against nova. See the video below of the fight

https://youtu.be/8DbBeWASB9Q
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★

That would've been super easy with herc, I'd be glad if I ran into that on my run tbh

Don't think you realise how little damage herc does with node. I tried multiple times to use my DOT hacks to take him down but tenacity plus the regen just kept nova at 95%+ health.

I'd be doing less damage if I was immortal against nova. See the video below of the fight

Why are you knocking him down? He gets physical resistance when you knock him down so don't do that. Just do normal hits and dont throw any specials, that eliminates hale and hearthy. Only buffet now which I am sure you can outdamage with herc and intercepts. Btw why would you be doing even less damage when immortal? No node about it and nothing in nova's kit as far as I know.

Nice sp 2 dex tho, you clearly have skills.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023

Why are you knocking him down? He gets physical resistance when you knock him down so don't do that. Just do normal hits and dont throw any specials, that eliminates hale and hearthy. Only buffet now which I am sure you can outdamage with herc and intercepts. Btw why would you be doing even less damage when immortal? No node about it and nothing in nova's kit as far as I know.

Unblockable hits do 70% less damage against nova.And guaranteed crits
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★

Unblockable hits do 70% less damage against nova.And guaranteed crits
    Damnnnn I have r4 nova and forgot about this. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2023

On hindsight maybe I could've been fine if I just stuck to basic hits. I spent the last zones nuking through everything while herc was immortal that I didn't actually sit to think out the best way to deal with that nova using herc.

Though if I just stick to basics I'm still unsure I'd be able to take him down. 50% increased combat rate for nova so I'd be triggering dex a lot from baiting specials and actually dexing the specials. Don't really want to block his hits cause I'd go immortal quick.

Reason why I was knocking him down was because I already planned in my head that the best damage I could do was from DOTs due to my hacks. Hoping for some luck against tenacity node. Plus DOTs could reduce some healing from despair
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Feel for you op. Nova is horrible at the best of times. Have you plundered the danger room store following the revive and pot reset?