**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Carnage must get a buff

FullmasterFullmaster Posts: 9
edited March 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
hello, today I would like to talk about the power-ups of one of the characters - Carnage. At the moment, he is one of the weakest characters in the game, since his abilities do not affect the enemy, his main mechanic is to deal damage, but he copes with this very badly. Therefore, I want to offer you my vision of his abilities. His mutation mechanic is a good idea, but it takes too much time to implement this mechanic and its buffs will not be significant enough to justify the damage. I propose to bind the receipt of buffs to a special attack 1: If you end the combo with a medium attack and use a special attack 1, then Carnage will gain a fury buff that increases outgoing damage by 55% (there can be 2 such furies in total), if you end the combo with a light attack and activate SP1 then Carnage will receive an Accuracy Buff that increases his Critical Strike Chance by 50% (there can be 2 such Buffs in total). I think the mutation timer is very long and to get the buff you need to use the action right at the end of the timer, so the mutation timer should be removed and the buffs should be made instant. This will keep short fights short. Carnage has no mechanics at all that control the enemy's defensive abilities. Therefore, I propose to add his feature for his heavy attack: After using a Heavy Attack, a Slow debuff is activated on the enemy, which blocks the enemy's dodges for 12 seconds, and also causes bleeding for 12 seconds. Each hit of a normal and special attack will activate additional bleeding on the enemy with a 25% chance, each time this occurs, a new bleeding deals instant damage of 5% of Carnage's attack. Since Carnage's mutation mechanic (gaining buffs) is tied to 1 special attack, SP2should receive other effects: during activation SP2 Carnage deals Direct Damage per Buff active when used SP2 to intercept (interrupt the attack of the enemy), then SP2 will receive guaranteed critical hits, as well as double the direct damage dealt. Using Special 3 Activates a Cruelty Buff on Carnage for each Buff active.

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Technically, he did get a buff, but it was the same time that Venom got his, so it looked weaker by comparison.
  • TripleBTripleB Posts: 246 ★★
    @Fullmaster great write up! This will probably get moved to another section of the forums.

However, I feel some of your comments may make him a bit weaker (maxing out his buffs and limiting what buffs he can get). Instead, leave what you said about making his timer instant (I like that idea a lot) but keep all his other mechanics as is in the game.

One additional change to help with utility:
    -If opponent is #spider-verse and has a bleed or armor break debuff active, Carnage reduces their ability accuracy of evade and miss by 100%
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Honestly he just need all his synergys in his base kit.