**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CHANGES TO SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC) BUFF

Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 467 ★★★
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
Changes from Beta Preview Back in February:
  • His Taunt Duration has now been DECREASED from 11 seconds to 7 seconds. (Needs SIG Ability to be 11 Seconds)
  • His Stun Duration now CANNOT BE DECREASED by non-skill class Champions.
  • His Debilitate Debuff NOW AFFECTS the Parry Mastery
  • Webbing Stacks now MAX AT 2 Stacks instead of 3
  • Suppression Debuff is now at 35% Potency instead of 10%
  • Decelerate Debuff is now at 50% Potency instead of 35%
  • Debilitate Debuff is now at 35% Potency instead of 25%
  • Special 2 Physical Resistance Reduction has now been INCREASED by about 100%.
  • Attack Stats and Defense Stats have been lowered.
It looks like he has a decent amount of control over some fights. And his Special 2 will be hitting pretty hard. Only problem with him is it seems that hs damage window will only be about 5 seconds max. Which is pretty short.

Good Masteries:
  • Limber (Increases Stun Durations)
  • Despair (Can potentially begin to reverse healing)
  • Any More?

Comments

• Options
    Oh. My bad
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

Oh. My bad

NBD.

I'm going to need to see him in action stacking a silly amount of taunts and basically no-selling something more substantial than Winter Soldier's Sp1 to get interested in using him over all the other Spider-verse champs. I guess Decelerate is better than nothing, but I'd still use Anti-Venom if I needed that.
  • Options
    SpaceCorpSpaceCorp Posts: 73
    I mean, he is better, just not a huge bump to be a god.
  • Options
    SpaceCorp said:

I mean, he is better, just not a huge bump to be a god.

I never expected him to be godlike, to be fair, no one should have. I really just expected that if he was god like in any way, it would be just non stop evades
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    BTW, what's the Special effect potency on that Taunt?

• Options

BTW, what's the Special effect potency on that Taunt?

When duped, his duration of taunts go from 7 seconds to 11 seconds.

What I think his Taunts do is that it gives the 70% Chance for the opponent to Launch the Special Attacks, but it also reduces the Attack of the opponent by 1% (3% if duped). They intend for about 10 Taunts to be active on the opponent. so that reduces the opponents attack rating by a max of 30%. This is to be paired with the inequity mastery, which would reduce the opponent's attack rating by 6% for each debuff, totaling to max up to 36% reduction.

Which means he could have the opponent suffer -66% attack rating.

If his Taunts are the standard (Reduces opponent attack rating by 40% during special attacks) and the opponent also has their attack rating reduced via his passive ability and Inequity. It would decrease opponent attack rating during special attacks by 106%, which I don't think they would implement.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    he actually looks kinda good with Hit Monkey, Shang-shi, and Doc-Ock synergies.
    The doc-ock one allows him to inflict injury on the opponent with heavy attack for 13 seconds, reducing opponent by 100%.

Shang-shi one is if he does perfect timed block or dodge, he reduces opponent physical resistance by 1400 for 30 seconds and it stacks 3 times.

Hit monkey one allows him to inflict fragility if he has +6 webbing, increasing his Crit damage rating by 2400 and reducing opponent block proficiency by 50%.

These are pretty good, just would have been better if they were somehow implemented into his actual kit. :(

Also, no synergies with Venom, scorpion, etc.
  • Options
    Avocago65Avocago65 Posts: 47
    Very nice write up @Loki_Poki1280 appreciate the summation! I do wish they made him a bit more powerful on the damage front but I think its a decent buff to make him at least viable in content. I look forward to using him in stuff like EQ/SQ or maybe even AQ but don't expect him to be a must have for Everest content and that's totally fine in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    @Avocago65 , thanks! I ranked mine up to Rank 3 just cause. He isn't useless anymore, so at least he can help in AQ now, or something of that level. Also, Spider-man is my favorite character
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    When his beta came out, even at that time I knew it will eventually be another failed buff bcoz even if they decide to improve it (which they did), they wouldn't do it enough to make him valuable enough for most players

I expect the same for Iceman buff
  • Options
    Looking forward to playing with him! He looks interesting
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    When will the buff be active ?
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

Next week
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★

DJMNH said:

Next week
    Just got 6* version of him. Hope his buff turns out to be worthy enough
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    edited April 2023
    There's been some differing opinions on his (updated) buff. I want to see how he plays - my only concern with the Debuffs is that it's going to make him a bit of a no-go in Battlegrounds as opponents will be healing constantly.

If the Taunt works like I hope it will he'll be a good controlling champion for many (other) fights.

I'm looking forward to giving him a try with Kraven and Doc Ock, to see what the synergies are like. I don't think we've seen the Sandman or Shocker synergies yet either, so there might be something juicy there.
  • Options
    ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★
    Chobbly said:

There's been some differing opinions on his (updated) buff. I want to see how he plays - my only concern with the Debuffs is that it's going to make him a bit of a no-go in Battlegrounds as opponents will be healing constantly.

If the Taunt works like I hope it will he'll be a good controlling champion for many (other) fights.

I'm looking forward to giving him a try with Kraven and Doc Ock, to see what the synergies are like. I don't think we've seen the Sandman or Shocker synergies yet either, so there might be something juicy there.

Shouldn't despair prevent opponents healing in Battlegrounds? Don't think he'll be viable anyhow but just curious.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★

Chobbly said:

Shouldn't despair prevent opponents healing in Battlegrounds? Don't think he'll be viable anyhow but just curious.
    You're probably right, but in any case I don't think he's going to be a Battlegrounds MVP any day of the week. Still, we'll see next week.

Mine is sitting quite happily at 6*R1, and if he's okay I might rank him up to R2 but the problem is he doesn't seem to be special enough to upgrade any higher.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

Even if those weren't debuffs, u still wouldn't want to use him in BGs, unless u are a progressing player at UC or Cavalier level & don't have better options for ur BG deck