Options

Has anyone noticed this about the adrenaline mechanic?

DeepworldDeepworld Posts: 284 ★★★
If you finish a fight with a 6* with a special, and you've recently lost a big chunk of health and your special damage is healing you back up with adrenaline, any health gained past the K.O. pop-up does NOT carry on to the next match. For example, if you're about to K.O. your opponent and you're on 50% health, and you throw your special and by the time you K.O. them, you're up to 55% but you actually finish the match with 60%, only the 55% carries on to the next match.

Sorry that was really poorly explained but hopefully you get the idea. I never noticed that - is it intended?

Comments

• Options
    VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 ★★
    It's presumably intended. Any mechanics that are active in a fight end when the K.O. goes through, so it makes sense that adrenaline would to. An example would be buffs active - for instance if you have a corvus with 3 charges and you end the fight with the first hit of an SP2, the first hit will do normal damage, but each hit after will no longer have crit bonuses applied to it. If I remember correctly he's not even guaranteed to crit anymore after the K.O. happens.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★

It's presumably intended. Any mechanics that are active in a fight end when the K.O. goes through, so it makes sense that adrenaline would to. An example would be buffs active - for instance if you have a corvus with 3 charges and you end the fight with the first hit of an SP2, the first hit will do normal damage, but each hit after will no longer have crit bonuses applied to it. If I remember correctly he's not even guaranteed to crit anymore after the K.O. happens.

Exactly and same with the debuffs... you don't take suicides damage after your KO
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,764 Guardian
    Deepworld said:

If you finish a fight with a 6* with a special, and you've recently lost a big chunk of health and your special damage is healing you back up with adrenaline, any health gained past the K.O. pop-up does NOT carry on to the next match. For example, if you're about to K.O. your opponent and you're on 50% health, and you throw your special and by the time you K.O. them, you're up to 55% but you actually finish the match with 60%, only the 55% carries on to the next match.

Sorry that was really poorly explained but hopefully you get the idea. I never noticed that - is it intended?

Yes this is intentional. The instant a fight ends with the defeat of either side - or if a timed fight times out - health bars are supposed to freeze at that moment. Once upon a time they did not, and you could get weird interactions like both sides dying (say if you kill the defender and then die to a DoT a split second later). To prevent such things from happening, fights end when either side dies or times out, and when that happens although you might visually see things continue to happen on screen, from that instant nothing else will affect health bars, even if they appear to.