I’m Cavalier and have never even attempted a variant. Which variant is easiest based on my roster ?

ProjecteXProjecteX Member Posts: 53
edited April 2023 in General Discussion
Just looking for some tips on which variant is easiest based on the champs I have available. Team combinations tips would also be helpful. Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• SligSlig Member Posts: 371 ★★
    Frontline:MCOC has a good section about the variants. Just google it. It takes you through each one and has more specific links for each variant to help you with your runs.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    From what I remember 6, then 5, we're easiest, but I'm not sure your roster fits any of them.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Member Posts: 990 ★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Do Variant 4 .
    But beware the attack values are high and you don’t seem to have very high ranked champs. So I’ll also suggest you to explore act 5 if you haven’t and if you have progress further in act 6
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 584 ★★★
    You know it's not a big deal. I have reached thronebreaker without completing a variant. Finally, did variant 6 for fun and the rewards were outdated so gave up on it.

With battlegrounds and side quests plus updated aw rewards, variants are outdated content now but arent exactly easy to do. The original deadpool challenged at least provided crucial mastery cores that you need at that stage.
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Member Posts: 309 ★★
    we did variant 1 with 4 star champions and now people considering 5 star maxed and 6 star r2 as " not high ranked" ?
    but i think variants are out date. keep pushing in story.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,176 ★★★★★

we did variant 1 with 4 star champions and now people considering 5 star maxed and 6 star r2 as " not high ranked" ?
    but i think variants are out date. keep pushing in story.

I hated variant 1 and did it with 6*r2 and found it still hard and long. My skills are obviously lacking.
  • TheParasiteTheParasite Member Posts: 408 ★★
    @ProjecteX mate I think you have a good set of rank ups
    For a starter to variants I would recommend 4
    But I think with the champs you have you can give a try on 7 (hero)..
    but in general single completion of any variant would not be that big of a problem if you have 3-4 good and decent champs that would fit the criteria.. only the exploration part needs the specificity of champs
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I just got cav on my alt and the side quest has great rewards for it.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,947 ★★★★★
    Paragon here and never touched a variant. See how far you can go in story mode.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,104 ★★★★★
    Variant 7 and it’s not close. It was way easier than others and your roster is loaded with heroes.

As a practical matter, rewards on 1-4 are WAY worse than 5-8, so never bother with 1-4.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,038 ★★★★★
    The earlier variants have rewards that are heavily geared towards 5* rosters of older champs. Half the time you'll get the rankup gems and try to figure out which champ will be least of a waste to use it on, rather than an actual GOOD use of it - although the reworking of some older champs means you might find a gem (pardon the pun) that you hadn't considered.

I've enjoyed the Variants for what they are, and using some champs I hadn't used much otherwise (e.g. Mojo in Variant 2)