FPS locked at 30

blackdragonightblackdragonight Member Posts: 114 ★★
When are you guys letting us change our graphic settings maybe with higher fps we can actually dodge and play better being locked at 30 fps is ridiculous.

Comments

• blackdragonightblackdragonight Member Posts: 114 ★★
    Well maybe they should've thought of this before lots of games have graphic settings but this one doesn't? It sucks to suck just saying if you can't even have something simple as that do you really call yourself a game.
    Complex? all you have to do is swipe back and forth and press a button to activate your specials are you serious. As far as longevity I won't get into it but most won't quit cause of how much money they have spent and invested into this game I assure you it's not because they still love the game and have the same passion like when it was at its peak but that's another story.

Well maybe they should've thought of this before lots of games have graphic settings but this one doesn't? It sucks to suck just saying if you can't even have something simple as that do you really call yourself a game.

Name a mobile game with as many complex moving parts and as much longevity as this one. Go ahead, I'll wait.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★

Name a mobile game with as many complex moving parts and as much longevity as this one. Go ahead, I'll wait.
    IJ and IJ 2 are built pretty well. Well, they don’t update 1 anymore though

Complex? all you have to do is swipe back and forth and press a button to activate your specials are you serious. As far as longevity I won't get into it but most won't quit cause of how much money they have spent and invested into this game I assure you it's not because they still love the game and have the same passion like when it was at its peak but that's another story.

You clearly have no idea of what it takes to maintain a game like this, or the amount of work it takes to implement everything. It's not just swipe, tap and use your special. t=The majority of characters have different animations for each of those actions so that means different frame data for 200+. Then you have to factor in the abilities of every single one of them and the countless interactions between them and the multitude of nodes in the game. While it may look mechanically simple, there's a lot going on under the hood.
    Maintain a game you mean like this same game with bad inputs that has been going on over a year? If changing your settings would cause such a ruckus why would any mobile video game have them? This game is old and yet they never decided to add a graphics settings after year 2 or 3 maybe?
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★

You clearly have no idea of what it takes to maintain a game like this, or the amount of work it takes to implement everything. It's not just swipe, tap and use your special. t=The majority of characters have different animations for each of those actions so that means different frame data for 200+. Then you have to factor in the abilities of every single one of them and the countless interactions between them and the multitude of nodes in the game. While it may look mechanically simple, there's a lot going on under the hood.
    Maintain a game you mean like this same game with bad inputs that has been going on over a year? If changing your settings would cause such a ruckus why would any mobile video game have them? This game is old and yet they never decided to add a graphics settings after year 2 or 3 maybe?
    It would cause a ruckus because it isn't as simple as you think it is. It's not a switch they can flip and suddenly the game will run at 60.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,417 Guardian

Not sure if you noticed, but the game engine sometimes seems like it is held together with duct tape and hopes and dreams. The main reason why input issues even happened is because kabam had many workarounds to problems the old unity engine had and then unity updated getting rid of the workarounds kabam had already implemented over the course of many years.

Given the fragile state of the game, I would wait for them to fully get input issues solved before asking them to implement a new thing that will surely mess with the inputs.
  • Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Member Posts: 330 ★★★
    edited April 2023
    Hello
    I would like to ask a question
    Is the game not optimised for snapdragon 778G+ ?
    I recently purchased nothing phone
    And it seems despite a decent processor, i cant get above 30 fps
    This isn't the case with plenty of other games that I tried like COD, pubg mobile but only with Mcoc

I previously had poco x3
    And it had snapdragon 732g, a weaker processor than 778G+ but could still give 60fps consistent when playing mcoc

Hello
    This isn't the case with plenty of other games that I tried like COD, pubg mobile but only with Mcoc

I previously had poco x3
    And it had snapdragon 732g, a weaker processor than 778G+ but could still give 60fps consistent when playing mcoc

Read the other comments in the thread. The game is capped at 30 fps because the animations are tied to that framerate. Increasing the framerate would require adjusting the animations of all characters.
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★
    Seems like someone got a new Phone recently!
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Member Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Dumb questions. But if the game is running at 30fps. And let's say a succesful dex requires an input between frame 10 and 20. If you were to increase the fps. And change that window to 20-40 would it not be the exact same?
    Fps steps are generally done in steps of 30 (144hz as an exception I guess).
    What would be the reason for this not to work?
    I don`t know how to program a game. I just know how to program apps with C#. (used to atleast)
    It just seems like a multiplication process.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Those simple swipe back and front have to ridiculously precise or it all falls apart. Most fighting games allow simultaneous combat unlike mcoc

Dumb questions. But if the game is running at 30fps. And let's say a succesful dex requires an input between frame 10 and 20. If you were to increase the fps. And change that window to 20-40 would it not be the exact same?
    I don`t know how to program a game. I just know how to program apps with C#. (used to atleast)

I don't think you can do it that way. If the game is running at 30 fps and you have a window of 10 frames, you would have 1/3 of a second to perform the dex. If you increase the cap to 60, you now have 1/6 of a second to dex. To correct this, the devs would need to adjust the timing of the dex animation, and they would have to do that for 240+ characters. They would also need to do the same for mediums, heavies, lights and special attacks. Like @Pikolu metioned already, it's probably way too much effort.
    edited April 2023

Hello

I previously had poco x3

Read the other comments in the thread. The game is capped at 30 fps because the animations are tied to that framerate. Increasing the framerate would require adjusting the animations of all characters.
    How come my previous phone can give consistent 60fps then?
    Does this whole 30 fps capped thing not apply to older devices?
    It's more smoother on poco x3 but not on nothing phone which has stronger processor??

I don't think you can do it that way. If the game is running at 30 fps and you have a window of 10 frames, you would have 1/3 of a second to perform the dex. If you increase the cap to 60, you now have 1/6 of a second to dex. To correct this, the devs would need to adjust the timing of the dex animation, and they would have to do that for 240+ characters. They would also need to do the same for mediums, heavies, lights and special attacks. Like @Pikolu metioned already, it's probably way too much effort.
    Sorry but no. If in one second you have 30 frames. And you have frame 10-20 to dex. That is 1/3 in the middle of that second to dex.
    If you have 60 frames in a second you get fram 20-40 to dex. Which is still 1/3 in the middle of that second.
    It stays the middle 1/3 of a second. It is still 1 second. No matter how many frames are in that second.
    As long as the first 1/3 is a miss, the middle 1/3 is a hit and the last 1/3 is a miss it should not matter right?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Hello

I previously had poco x3

It's more smoother on poco x3 but not on nothing phone which has stronger processor??
    You phone might have been refreshing the screen at 60. Mine does 120
    edited April 2023

Hello

I previously had poco x3

Checked it at both 60 and 120 Hz
    It's still the same

With poco x3, at 60 Hz, the game feels very laggy like it feels rn in my nothing phone (at both 60 and 120 Hz)
    With 120 Hz however, it runs at 60 fps on poco

It shouldn't be like this
    Nothing phone has a better processor, it should be able to run mcoc at higher fps

I mean poco x3 with lower end processor can

I will try post a video of two phone side by side
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,821 ★★★★★

Hello

I previously had poco x3

Checked it at both 60 and 120 Hz
    It's still the same

With poco x3, at 60 Hz, the game feels very laggy like it feels rn in my nothing phone (at both 60 and 120 Hz)
    With 120 Hz however, it runs at 60 fps on poco

It shouldn't be like this
    Nothing phone has a better processor, it should be able to run mcoc at higher fps

I mean poco x3 with lower end processor can

I will try post a video of two phone side by side
    Gameplay is capped at 30FPS. Being in the menus can go higher than 30FPS.
    Found in support section
    This indeed seems to be the case

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/5535794456731-Game-Frame-Rate

I would apologise for that

About the game, it seems nothing phone 1 cannot run it as smoothly as poco x3 can
    Despite having better processor

It's like much more laggier on nothing

Any way to fix this?
    Is this problem with optimization of the phone itself (other games didn't have this problem)

Or maybe the game is not optimised for SD778G+?
    I will try post a video
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,821 ★★★★★

Found in support section

About the game, it seems nothing phone 1 cannot run it as smoothly as poco x3 can

Any way to fix this?
    Is this problem with optimization of the phone itself (other games didn't have this problem)

I will try post a video

RAM will have a big impact on performance as well, not just the processor.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,504 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

IJ and IJ 2 are built pretty well. Well, they don’t update 1 anymore though
    Interestingly, they have the same issues. At least from what I've read. Varied performance issues and frame rate problems, among some users.
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,474 ★★★★
    Kabam still haven’t managed to fully optimized the game performance wise as is even on higher end devices so 60fps would probably break the game
    edited April 2023

Found in support section

Any way to fix this?

I will try post a video

8 GBs of ram on nothing phone 1
    6 GBs of ram on poco x3

It doesn't make sense here
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Member Posts: 564 ★★★

Found in support section

Any way to fix this?

I will try post a video

8 GBs of ram on nothing phone 1
    6 GBs of ram on poco x3

It doesn't make sense here
    Sometimes the game used to glitch and run at 60fps. I can't exactly replicate it but it included something like going to home screen at 120hz while game is running and coming back to it. Still need to figure out what causes it. Btw I'm using 778G (non-plus)
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Rasilover said:

Kabam still haven’t managed to fully optimized the game performance wise as is even on higher end devices so 60fps would probably break the game

120fps didn't break the game. It ran great until Kabam disabled it.

• ZilliaxerZilliaxer Member Posts: 85

Found in support section

Any way to fix this?

I will try post a video

Dude i have snap 888
    Phone:oneplus 9rt
    And with 120 hz i have 30 fps
    RAM 8Gb
    They are simply do not wanna optimise android phones for mcoc and it is very frustrating especially when this game freezes
    It is not the processor @Godslayer_1 , I play the game on the Motorola edge 20 which has the same processor. It has 8gb ram and another 3 or 4 gb of virtual ram. The game plays relatively smoothly for an android phone. With only 3 second of loadtimes in between.

But framerates do seem to go smoother on my old iphone 8 plus